I'd like to introduce you all to the Patek Reagent Buying Macro (PRB)!
The macro is a fully automated "one click" reagent buyer that goes to all 27 mage and reagent shops in Britannia/T2A and can buy millions upon millions of gp a day worth of regs if you let in run non-stop. It runs on 118 cross-linked macros (+1 installer macro) that call each other automatically.
I've decided to share my automated reagent buying macro for any and all who might be interested purely for the fun of it. I wrote the macro from scratch about a year ago and then created the package version a few months back and mulled over when to release it. Now seems as good of a time as any though so here we are
. UOSA has given me many good memories (hopefully more still to come) so this is my way of giving back to the community in some small way.Macro includes:
- Fully automated recall to and from all mage shops including T2A with included fail-over redundancies throughout
- Fully automated walking of stores (to hit all vendors) and buying
- Fully automated de-stocking and re-stocking at bank
- Built in danger avoidance and threat detection with automatic emergency recalls including redundancy
- Very high server save tolerance
- Tweakable reagent buyers to get less or more of a specific reagent
and so on... [it basically does everything with one click]
The link below contains a .zip container with the below listed package contents:https://mega.co.nz/#!l0ZW0RJZ!vO_Ho_6LC ... oxYdzTZcXMThe package includes the following:
- 118 macros for reagent buying
- 1 macro for installation
- Step-by-Step installation doco
- 27 pictures showing each store and the relevant rune marking points in each
- Razor player .xml file for reagent buyer (for pre-configured agents)The installation document contains the following:
- List of items you'll need to get started
- Detailed Step-by-Step instructions for initial configuration, even for those with very limited Razor knowledge
- Macro configuration details to get the most out of the macros
- Helpful hints on configuration and general reg buying and the structure of the macro
- Other useful bits and piecesPlease check the updates below as several potential issues have been identified that may save you a lot of headache . I'll amend all these in a new version soon.Notes:
1. Magincia has been excluded from my macro as the mage shop there can cause client crashes (no idea why, but i've tested it a lot to no avail).
2. The macro has multiple layers of danger avoidance and threat detection but nothing is guaranteed. Don't worry though, you'll die rarely if at all and the guide has ways of minimising grief losses to minuscule amounts.
3. The idea that reagent providers on the server are out-bought or over-bought is actually incorrect, there's tonnes to go around. If you're thinking about trying it do it, you'll be amazed at how much you get in a short amount of time.
4. A commented version of this macro exists but wasn't included because I wanted to keep things neat. Removing comments sped the macro up about 50 - 70% (I do A LOT of comments), but if you'd like some commented files to get an idea of how the macro works let me know and i'll get them up.
5. I'm releasing this for everyone to be able to enjoy the server more and to help level the playing field for newer guys or those who just aren't Razor scripting types, not to for any negative reasons. All I ask in return is that you enjoy it
If anyone has comments or questions feel free to post in this thread or just PM me and ill try get back to you relatively quickly.
Take care all, have fun and happy gaming!Update #1
The installation directory structure can be a catch cause I probably didn't detail it fully. All the files in the "Macro Files" directory get put into Razor\Macros\PRB. Don't copy the actual PRB folder from the zip into Razor\Macros otherwise it'll look like Razor\Macros\PRB\Macro Files\ and the macro-to-macro links wont work.Update #2
If any issues are experienced (as detailed in a post below) a good idea is to save the PRB-Item-IDs.txt file and start with a fresh copy of the macro files from the .zip. Simply delete the existing \PRB directory in Razor\Macros, copy in a fresh lot of macros from the .zip into a new \PRB directory and go through the find-replace steps from the installation doco with the PRB-Item-IDs you've collected and try running again .Update #3
The PRB-Item-IDs file lists a variable called PRBBAG where the actual macro files list RBBAG (there could instances or PRBBAG as well, so just make sure when replacing that step to replace over RBBAG and PRBBAG). The profile file is PRBBAG, so its a bit confusing. This discrepancy is just a small error and Ill create a new version of the macros soon with everything sorted and uniformUpdate #4
If your macro isn't restocking gold from the bank using Restock Agent-1 then check that you have a Gold counter created in Razor with the name "Gold". This is included in the profile that comes in the .zip, but it may need to be recreated if it doesn't work. A way to check if the gold counter is working is to create a new macro in Razor and insert Special Constructs->Insert "if" Conditional and check that "Gold" is in the list of thing you can check against.Update #5
When doing the replace step make sure to do RUNEONET2A and RUNETWOT2A before RUNEONE and RUNETWO so they don't get replaced by accident.