Trophy & Silver Rewards

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015

Post by inkognito »

The selection of items in my estimate is quite small unless you rely on people to snoop your pack to show your trammel prowess or your goal is to carry your "perfect" vanq around for that much longer depending on how heavy you look for fights.
For 1k silver...eh...I wouldn't see it as anything more than an insanely priced extreme rare in deed form. Much like those tent deeds. :wink:
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I'd love to pitch a tent.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Where are the 1000 silver uniques on the list?!

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Just an idea, maybe make a silver reward item a Character Statue Maker. I was browsing stratics just to read up on how UO is now, and came across this item. Below is a link to the item and what it looks like when finished.

first post: item 39-41: https://stratics.com/community/threads/ ... on.337726/

example of it used, 2 of them in garden: https://stratics.com/community/attachme ... png.30489/

Its something quite unique that may be interesting to have here, especially with everyone's huge EGO :)
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

600 silver for some broke furniture...ugh.
These silver prices deflate a decorator's aspirations in the most cruel fashion.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

inkognito wrote:600 silver for some broke furniture...ugh.
These silver prices deflate a decorator's aspirations in the most cruel fashion.
Yeah. I'd sell my unique chest of drawers for that even.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:Where are the 1000 silver uniques on the list?!

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Brules wrote:
Rose wrote:I remember staff commenting in the past on how the silver system is in part a way to distribute items that were given away during CUB Phase 1. UOSA's silver list has everything that the CUB list has and more.... It is however missing one item, the most expensive CUB prize and probably the best, the Item Bless Deed.

Seems like this would be a perfect 1k silver reward considering in CUB its 5 times more expensive than the singing ball, and here we charge 200 for that. Has a decision been made about these?
Nice idea there...

Ditto
There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Ragancy wrote:
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Brules wrote:
Rose wrote:I remember staff commenting in the past on how the silver system is in part a way to distribute items that were given away during CUB Phase 1. UOSA's silver list has everything that the CUB list has and more.... It is however missing one item, the most expensive CUB prize and probably the best, the Item Bless Deed.

Seems like this would be a perfect 1k silver reward considering in CUB its 5 times more expensive than the singing ball, and here we charge 200 for that. Has a decision been made about these?
Nice idea there...

Ditto
There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.

I think I speak for many.... WHAT SILVER BUG? And when was this? Details?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The gargoyles one day were dropping a crazy amount of silver. Sadly, I was hanging out with family at the time and did not get in on silverfest 2014.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Markus

Post by Markus »

Galendae wrote:I think I speak for many.... WHAT SILVER BUG? And when was this? Details?
This was on January 19th, 2015. Somebody has a thing in their sig about 35 people farming in the Justice woods and no one being PKed -- that's because the gargoyle raid leaders that day were dropping stupid amounts of silver. We're talking multiple trophies and silver coins per kill. I was only able to farm intermittently for a couple hour stretch that day and I probably made about 120 or so silver in trophies and coins. Obviously there were people who stayed there far longer and did far better than me.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

morgan1109 wrote:The gargoyles one day were dropping a crazy amount of silver. Sadly, I was hanging out with family at the time and did not get in on silverfest 2014.
It was actually 2015. Martin Luther King Day. I happen to take a vacation day and one of the first on the scene at that particular spawn. The gargoyles silver and trophy drop rate was accelerated more than g's intended. I can only speak to my own experience, but if others made out half as well as I that day, they ended up with around 200-300 silver.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Ragancy wrote:There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.
Fair enough, I was not involved in silver gate and did not know these numbers until after the fact. Had that have not happened it would seem to make half your point moot. I don't know how much silver is on the server or how much individual players have, that's something only GM's can say for sure. If the item bless deeds are ever introduced I would expect staff with their inside knowledge to make a far more informed decision than I ever can, so my suggestion of 1k is really just s shot in the dark.

Anyway I'm not going to argue the case for item bless deeds to be released through the silver system because the GM's have clearly stated that this will not happen.

Do I really want item blessed deeds? Yea. This is an issue of era accuracy is it not? We had them in era albeit not many, and why should your view on how they impact PvP have anything to do with it?

I really don't think somebody's blessed perfect halberd is going to ruin PvP. Once an item has been repaired a few times it becomes significantly weaker than its original state. I think it would be a fine reward for those who enjoy PvP and can afford one.

I just don't understand why we would leave something out of era that was clearly in our era.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I believe Silvergate 2015 was roughly 18,000 silver.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Rose wrote:
Ragancy wrote:There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.
Fair enough, I was not involved in silver gate and did not know these numbers until after the fact. Had that have not happened it would seem to make half your point moot. I don't know how much silver is on the server or how much individual players have, that's something only GM's can say for sure. If the item bless deeds are ever introduced I would expect staff with their inside knowledge to make a far more informed decision than I ever can, so my suggestion of 1k is really just s shot in the dark.

Anyway I'm not going to argue the case for item bless deeds to be released through the silver system because the GM's have clearly stated that this will not happen.

Do I really want item blessed deeds? Yea. This is an issue of era accuracy is it not? We had them in era albeit not many, and why should your view on how they impact PvP have anything to do with it?

I really don't think somebody's blessed perfect halberd is going to ruin PvP. Once an item has been repaired a few times it becomes significantly weaker than its original state. I think it would be a fine reward for those who enjoy PvP and can afford one.

I just don't understand why we would leave something out of era that was clearly in our era.
If you have the resources for an item blessed deed I just don't know how you would be uninformed enough to figure out paying for another hally would most likely be far cheaper than the cost of item bless deeds (but of course that depends on the price of a ibd). Judging by the price points that are in place right now, I highly doubt you would be better off blessing a weapon vs buying another exactly like it.

I do understand however the base of your argument is more founded in accuracy. I would like them introduced solely for runebooks and keys (if that is in the realm of their mechanics)
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Return to “Guides”