All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am
Posts: 1896
The selection of items in my estimate is quite small unless you rely on people to snoop your pack to show your trammel prowess or your goal is to carry your "perfect" vanq around for that much longer depending on how heavy you look for fights.
For 1k silver...eh...I wouldn't see it as anything more than an insanely priced extreme rare in deed form. Much like those tent deeds. :wink:

_________________
Image
Li Meiyang wrote:
Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?

Inkognito●GM Provocation


Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 3096
I'd love to pitch a tent.

_________________
Downs wrote:
All the cool kids saw your wizard tears.


[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 551
Location: Scranton, PA
Where are the 1000 silver uniques on the list?!

_________________


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 am
Posts: 979
Just an idea, maybe make a silver reward item a Character Statue Maker. I was browsing stratics just to read up on how UO is now, and came across this item. Below is a link to the item and what it looks like when finished.

first post: item 39-41: https://stratics.com/community/threads/ ... on.337726/

example of it used, 2 of them in garden: https://stratics.com/community/attachme ... png.30489/

Its something quite unique that may be interesting to have here, especially with everyone's huge EGO :)

_________________
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:
-f- disbanded no comment.


lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....



<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:54 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am
Posts: 1896
600 silver for some broke furniture...ugh.
These silver prices deflate a decorator's aspirations in the most cruel fashion.

_________________
Image
Li Meiyang wrote:
Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?

Inkognito●GM Provocation


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11120
inkognito wrote:
600 silver for some broke furniture...ugh.
These silver prices deflate a decorator's aspirations in the most cruel fashion.

Yeah. I'd sell my unique chest of drawers for that even.

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 551
Location: Scranton, PA
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Where are the 1000 silver uniques on the list?!

_________________


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:19 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User Rep: Good
Good
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 1401
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Brules wrote:
Rose wrote:
I remember staff commenting in the past on how the silver system is in part a way to distribute items that were given away during CUB Phase 1. UOSA's silver list has everything that the CUB list has and more.... It is however missing one item, the most expensive CUB prize and probably the best, the Item Bless Deed.

Seems like this would be a perfect 1k silver reward considering in CUB its 5 times more expensive than the singing ball, and here we charge 200 for that. Has a decision been made about these?


Nice idea there...



Ditto


There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User Rep: Kind
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 8:10 pm
Posts: 942
Ragancy wrote:
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Brules wrote:
Rose wrote:
I remember staff commenting in the past on how the silver system is in part a way to distribute items that were given away during CUB Phase 1. UOSA's silver list has everything that the CUB list has and more.... It is however missing one item, the most expensive CUB prize and probably the best, the Item Bless Deed.

Seems like this would be a perfect 1k silver reward considering in CUB its 5 times more expensive than the singing ball, and here we charge 200 for that. Has a decision been made about these?


Nice idea there...



Ditto


There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.



I think I speak for many.... WHAT SILVER BUG? And when was this? Details?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:07 am 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 492
The gargoyles one day were dropping a crazy amount of silver. Sadly, I was hanging out with family at the time and did not get in on silverfest 2014.

_________________
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:44 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Kind
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am
Posts: 232
Galendae wrote:
I think I speak for many.... WHAT SILVER BUG? And when was this? Details?


This was on January 19th, 2015. Somebody has a thing in their sig about 35 people farming in the Justice woods and no one being PKed -- that's because the gargoyle raid leaders that day were dropping stupid amounts of silver. We're talking multiple trophies and silver coins per kill. I was only able to farm intermittently for a couple hour stretch that day and I probably made about 120 or so silver in trophies and coins. Obviously there were people who stayed there far longer and did far better than me.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am
Posts: 1896
morgan1109 wrote:
The gargoyles one day were dropping a crazy amount of silver. Sadly, I was hanging out with family at the time and did not get in on silverfest 2014.


It was actually 2015. Martin Luther King Day. I happen to take a vacation day and one of the first on the scene at that particular spawn. The gargoyles silver and trophy drop rate was accelerated more than g's intended. I can only speak to my own experience, but if others made out half as well as I that day, they ended up with around 200-300 silver.

_________________
Image
Li Meiyang wrote:
Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?

Inkognito●GM Provocation


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:59 pm 
Offline
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:01 am
Posts: 3261
Location: In your tree house with binoculars
Ragancy wrote:
There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.


Fair enough, I was not involved in silver gate and did not know these numbers until after the fact. Had that have not happened it would seem to make half your point moot. I don't know how much silver is on the server or how much individual players have, that's something only GM's can say for sure. If the item bless deeds are ever introduced I would expect staff with their inside knowledge to make a far more informed decision than I ever can, so my suggestion of 1k is really just s shot in the dark.

Anyway I'm not going to argue the case for item bless deeds to be released through the silver system because the GM's have clearly stated that this will not happen.

Do I really want item blessed deeds? Yea. This is an issue of era accuracy is it not? We had them in era albeit not many, and why should your view on how they impact PvP have anything to do with it?

I really don't think somebody's blessed perfect halberd is going to ruin PvP. Once an item has been repaired a few times it becomes significantly weaker than its original state. I think it would be a fine reward for those who enjoy PvP and can afford one.

I just don't understand why we would leave something out of era that was clearly in our era.

_________________
Image

Check out my Twitch live stream!

My current player run events...
Battle Royale
Boom Box Roulette
Capture The Flag


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 11120
I believe Silvergate 2015 was roughly 18,000 silver.

_________________
Denis the Menace wrote:
Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Jakob wrote:
Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Silver & Trophy System - Updated for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Honest
Honest
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am
Posts: 1896
Rose wrote:
Ragancy wrote:
There's far too much silver disproportionately owned by a small majority of people. 1k is waaaaaaay too cheap. Do you realize how much silver has been introduced via the recent events? There was probably 20k silver introduced in one DAY when that bug was running. I know because I banked over 1k silver that day alone. Plus, would you really want IBDs? They ruin a lot of the risk/reward with PVP.


Fair enough, I was not involved in silver gate and did not know these numbers until after the fact. Had that have not happened it would seem to make half your point moot. I don't know how much silver is on the server or how much individual players have, that's something only GM's can say for sure. If the item bless deeds are ever introduced I would expect staff with their inside knowledge to make a far more informed decision than I ever can, so my suggestion of 1k is really just s shot in the dark.

Anyway I'm not going to argue the case for item bless deeds to be released through the silver system because the GM's have clearly stated that this will not happen.

Do I really want item blessed deeds? Yea. This is an issue of era accuracy is it not? We had them in era albeit not many, and why should your view on how they impact PvP have anything to do with it?

I really don't think somebody's blessed perfect halberd is going to ruin PvP. Once an item has been repaired a few times it becomes significantly weaker than its original state. I think it would be a fine reward for those who enjoy PvP and can afford one.

I just don't understand why we would leave something out of era that was clearly in our era.


If you have the resources for an item blessed deed I just don't know how you would be uninformed enough to figure out paying for another hally would most likely be far cheaper than the cost of item bless deeds (but of course that depends on the price of a ibd). Judging by the price points that are in place right now, I highly doubt you would be better off blessing a weapon vs buying another exactly like it.

I do understand however the base of your argument is more founded in accuracy. I would like them introduced solely for runebooks and keys (if that is in the realm of their mechanics)

_________________
Image
Li Meiyang wrote:
Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?

Inkognito●GM Provocation


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y