Can Air/Water/Fire Elementals take me from 55-100 Resists?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Foxhound3857

Can Air/Water/Fire Elementals take me from 55-100 Resists?

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Raising my Resists to 55 from 0 via Fire Wall scrolls, to gain stats and a small amount of healing (since I'm an archer and will rarely be in melee range). I'm wondering exactly what monsters I will need to hunt and get nuked by for consistent resisting gains. The only resisting spells guide isn't very clear on getting consistent gains after 55 for PvM.

Will weak elementals like Air/Water/Fire work? Blood Elementals were my intention but I'm not sure I can kill them efficiently as an archer, and their magery might be too much. Also, I heard they can poison with their melee?

What monsters will see me getting good gains consistently at 55 and what will get me to 100 without having to fight PK's?

Bixby Legbone

Re: Can Air/Water/Fire Elementals take me from 55-100 Resist

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Foxhound3857 wrote:Raising my Resists to 55 from 0 via Fire Wall scrolls, to gain stats and a small amount of healing (since I'm an archer and will rarely be in melee range). I'm wondering exactly what monsters I will need to hunt and get nuked by for consistent resisting gains. The only resisting spells guide isn't very clear on getting consistent gains after 55 for PvM.

Will weak elementals like Air/Water/Fire work? Blood Elementals were my intention but I'm not sure I can kill them efficiently as an archer, and their magery might be too much. Also, I heard they can poison with their melee?

What monsters will see me getting good gains consistently at 55 and what will get me to 100 without having to fight PK's?

I don't think blood elementals can poison you via melee. Perhaps they can cast the spell poison. Outside of that, blood elementals is a great place to get murdered at by another player. Maybe the method of getting someone to put white wyrms on a boat while you are on another boat nearby with one or two characters macroing healing on you would work.

Never in my UO lifetime have I heard of a player making 100 resisting spells from normal play of the game. It's always come from having someone cast magic spells on them as in a macro. Tried and true method is cast on yourself to get gains in magery and resist while your alternate character macros healing.

EDIT: Btw I find someone who uses a forum account that is so old and yet asking such questions to be extremely confusing. Follow the guides for the most efficent methods of gaining any skills and or stats.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:Raising my Resists to 55 from 0 via Fire Wall scrolls, to gain stats and a small amount of healing (since I'm an archer and will rarely be in melee range). I'm wondering exactly what monsters I will need to hunt and get nuked by for consistent resisting gains. The only resisting spells guide isn't very clear on getting consistent gains after 55 for PvM.

I don't think blood elementals can poison you via melee. Perhaps they can cast the spell poison. Outside of that, blood elementals is a great place to get murdered at by another player. Maybe the method of getting someone to put white wyrms on a boat while you are on another boat nearby with one or two characters macroing healing on you would work.

Never in my UO lifetime have I heard of a player making 100 resisting spells from normal play of the game. It's always come from having someone cast magic spells on them as in a macro. Tried and true method is cast on yourself to get gains in magery and resist while your alternate character macros healing.

EDIT: Btw I find someone who uses a forum account that is so old and yet asking such questions to be extremely confusing. Follow the guides for the most efficent methods of gaining any skills and or stats.
It can't be done? Raising resists to 100 through normal play without having/hiring a mage?

Also, my account being so old doesn't mean I'm some sort of experienced guru at this game. I've had long hiatus's from the game and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as my account age might lead one to believe. So let's quash that idea right now.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Foxhound3857 wrote: It can't be done? Raising resists to 100 through normal play without having/hiring a mage?
It can be done. It has been done. It'll be extremely difficult to be done. You will find it gets incredibly slow in the low 90s. On OSI, I had a mace fighter/archer and I'd lure daemons, blood elementals, and balrons to good shooting spots and raise resist like that. I think I got to 94 before I gave up and macroed the rest. It was at the point where I was gaining 0.3 skill per session (a session being my after school playtime from 2:30pm to 5pm). It was a grind for sure, but one I was use to at that point because healing was equally as slow in the 90s.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Return to “Guides”