Using razor to separate crafted weapons.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Using razor to separate crafted weapons.

Post by Myrnae »

Does anyone know how I can use razor to make weapons, then put them in a bag (the exceptional ones only) or do I have to hand sort them? Thanks!
I seem to keep having trouble with the macro I have putting the non-exceptionals in there too.
Last edited by Myrnae on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Using razor to separate crafted weapons.

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I'm not on my regular PC right now, but if the "exceptional" message counts as a system message, you could use an if statement to put non-exceptional in one bag (or trash, or smelt), and exceptional items into a different container.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

I tried that, the problem is the macro is randomly smelting an item out of either bag.

Example: I make an exceptional item, and move it to bag. Next item is regular non-exceptional, and the smelter is randomly smelting either the item in my pack OR the exceptional in bag. I don't know a way to differentiate between the two because they are the same item type (item number)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Myrnae wrote:I tried that, the problem is the macro is randomly smelting an item out of either bag.

Example: I make an exceptional item, and move it to bag. Next item is regular non-exceptional, and the smelter is randomly smelting either the item in my pack OR the exceptional in bag. I don't know a way to differentiate between the two because they are the same item type (item number)
You're right, you probably will want to sort the items into 2 bags, and then later run a smelting macro on the correct backpack.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Downs

Post by Downs »

This may be overcomplicated for what you need, but if you want to sort/smelt you can put your weapons in a container that is within 1 tile from you, and make a macro that does:

Steal by type (whatever weapon) - don't need stealing at all to take an item off the ground/from a container.

Once you do that, the weapon taken is your last target, so you can item id last target to use a system message to check for exceptional tag. from there, you can run an organize agent or a smelt last target.

If you need help walking thru it, catch me in irc later

edit:
if you put the sort bin 2 tiles away, you can't steal them, so they won't go in your bag.

you can resync the counter/client, but you need to take a step for it to take effect i think.

also, probably you need to put a check in to make sure that you successfully take the item, otherwise it may still try to smelt some things you don't want it to
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I try and keep things simple. This method you cannot do AFK because of container limits, but works well for a small smithing session which is how I work.

Basically you do as Jenkins suggested, and use an “if” statement to identify and put exceptionals in a separate container than the normal ones. The issue you are having is when smelting it takes any item razor recognizes (I assume by type according to your macro). Razor recognizes every piece you have crafted and still exists in the world. So if you walked the exceptional into another room out of reach, you would get a “to far away” message as it would still recognize it even at a distance.

So what you do is when you are getting ready to smelt, you simply log off, log back on, and ONLY open the bag of normals. Now the only thing razor recognizes or “knows exists in the world” is what’s in the normal bag (and your personal bag) and your exceptionals are safe. Every time you craft an exceptional or open the exceptional bag, you’ll need to log off and on again so Razor no longer knows they are there if you want to smelt.

I figured this out when I was pushing from 99-100 and wanted to save some exceptional breastplates. I had the same problems. Got the “to far away message” when I walked them out of smithing range, etc. Logging on and off finally solved it.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Guides”