Partially AFK reloadable Taming

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Partially AFK reloadable Taming

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It doesnt matter what the timer is, use the wait for target timeout function after the use skill animal taming as your delay. Set it to one, it will attempt the skill every second. Once your delay is up (even if variable) have it issue verbal commands. This will assure you issue the command after the creature is tame.

Use skill Animal Taming
Wait for target (set timeout to 1)
Target closest Grey
Say : Whatever.... - target whatever.. - ect..

This will hang the macro in a loop of tame-tame-tame-tame until your skill timer elapses in which case it will tame and reselect the target and run the verbal commands.

Goleman

Post by Goleman »

The theory is quite good too bad it is a bit inefficient because instead of the tamer "losing" time looking for creatures. What is happening here is that the tamer is losing time by waiting on the creatures and player 3 is wasting his/her time because he/she is doing exactly what the tamer could do on his/her own which is ... look for creatures.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Goleman wrote:The theory is quite good too bad it is a bit inefficient because instead of the tamer "losing" time looking for creatures. What is happening here is that the tamer is losing time by waiting on the creatures and player 3 is wasting his/her time because he/she is doing exactly what the tamer could do on his/her own which is ... look for creatures.
I don't see the inefficiency you are describing. By having a third character that bring creatures the tamer can stay and tame away. Sure, if the house is empty, the tamer COULD go grab more, but why not that third character? This way the third character can just keep bringing things while the tamer tames. If the room gets too full, wait for a few to die off, then go get some more.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Alter this scenerio to instead of having it in a house do it in a place where your target creatures for your skill level are frequently found. I have a healer and a stealth herder for my team to tame the more dangerous animals in areas where PK activity is high.

Stack rows of boxes or tables and replace them continually if you cannot find a good nook or ledge. Make one row, after awhile make another in front of it or behind it, remove the first row and repeat,

Hunting with your tames can be done in a similar fashion. Barricade yourself in to give out commands...have a stealther loot and bank.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Employing this method using Halogen's keep (requires a permit):
taming.jpg
taming.jpg (144.86 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

When I started my tamer I found initially I could only tame polar bears and walruses (walrii?) on Dagger. It was a pain because it was pointless to macro it - everything would get tamed so quickly. You can get past this hurdle quite easily by macroing your stats up immediately and taming snow leopards. You'll find there is not a huge amount of snow leopards though.

So what I did was run around the island on an alt, killing literally everything except fresh snow leopards. This allowed me to run around on my new tamer and herd-macro on snow leopards while I continued to look for them on my alt (so I was constantly taming, but this was not afk). Then at 59.1 skill, I switched to great harts and at 60 skill, great harts and snakes. North of Del is a great place to do this, but it works best if you have an alt that can GATE and kill the orcs in the area.

Find a great hart/snake
Herd targetself/tame macro on the great hart/snake - if it's a snake you need to stand somewhere it can't hit you
Run on around on your alt and find your next tame, you should find it before your herd/tame macro is finished.
Once your tamer finishes taming it's target, open up a gate to the next animal, and repeat.

This will allow you to get to 65.1 skill very quickly, and after that point you will be able to bring in LOADS of white wolves into your patio so you can AFK macro this. I'm just at this point now and will try Matron's method tomorrow - thanks!
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This did work quite well but don't expect it to work very long before it's more effective to just tame bulls. This is afkable but I found I ran out of wolves to tame quite fast, even with an almost full patio of only wolves (everything tamed in maybe 30 minutes). My character was also very inefficient at this macro, I had to attend it or it wouldn't have worked. The problem was that I had 30 animal lore and I couldn't control the wolves, so saying "all guard me" did not make the wolf green (thus, player 2 did not attack).

It should be possible to solve that by having player 2 unfriended to the house, and attacking closest innocent. The problem with that is it flags you grey, so using a patio would be out of the question unless you had 2 chars looping heals on each other. You'd have to resort to some kind of table barrier setup in a large brick.

I went straight to bulls at 71.1 and have gained up to my current state of 74.5 off maybe 10-15 bulls, in around 2-2.5 hours. All this was done easily within 2 days, with 0 macroing (~12-13 hours play time). Taming to this point has been a lot easier than I expected it to be.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Dallaswolf

Post by Dallaswolf »

So are you guys doing this on Ice Island? Im going to make a tamer and am curious as to where you guys are doing this at and what lvls..The ice island one looks great..but is that the only place to do it at

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I actually recomend Rose's method better. Just my $0.02...plus it's more cheaper than buying a large house in a subpar location, unless you like a white screen that is.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pirul wrote:I actually recomend Rose's method better. Just my $0.02...plus it's more cheaper than buying a large house in a subpar location, unless you like a white screen that is.
When I wrote this you could place a house just about anywhere. The whole map wasn't a littered with empty houses owned by telamon.