Player town add-ons

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Fede

Re: Player town add-ons

Post by Fede »

GuardianKnight wrote:Your population is cynical and angry. That's how I have seen it and that's why I stopped playing a while back. To much negative energy.
This is very true. It goes further than just effecting town add-ons. It effects everything.

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

IL earned community approval very recently even though the guild went inactive.

I still agree with the last few posts about the overall attitude of many people on the shard. So much hate in the forums and irc all the time. THe pvp community is the worst example of course. Pvp guilds are going to have a tough time in this current environment trying to get add ons.

Everyone just seems so jaded.

Fede

Post by Fede »

fortin wrote:IL earned community approval very recently even though the guild went inactive.

I still agree with the last few posts about the overall attitude of many people on the shard. So much hate in the forums and irc all the time. THe pvp community is the worst example of course. Pvp guilds are going to have a tough time in this current environment trying to get add ons.

Absolutely.

The pvp community may have a damaged image in regards to overall attitude. Which is understandable for obvious reasons. The conflict arises when it comes down to getting the community to vote yes or no based on the contribution the guild may have on the overall server.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Fede wrote:
fortin wrote:IL earned community approval very recently even though the guild went inactive.

Absolutely.

The pvp community may have a damaged image in regards to overall attitude. Which is understandable for obvious reasons. The conflict arises when it comes down to getting the community to vote yes or no based on the contribution the guild may have on the overall server.
The Bloodrock is in the pvp community and we've had no problem with staff support. Few people rage and vote no due to being killed, that is just a fantasy that pks hold to try and feel superior. It all boils down to respect...and you either have it or you don't.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I am curious though how the 'decay' works. Ive come across some unused arenas and such. Do they remain for a reason and/or history?

Also, can a blessed house be sold or is there a policy to remove the blessings of a sold house?
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Fede

Post by Fede »

Ronk wrote:It all boils down to respect
GuardianKnight wrote:Your population is cynical and angry. That's how I have seen it and that's why I stopped playing a while back. To much negative energy.
Think about this for a second.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Most people I interact with on the forum or in game are friendly and helpful. The occasional griefer in game tries to bring me down but I don't pay them any heed whatsoever.
Come on everyone, let's get together and feel alright!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

My best advice is to consider the whole community. There are a lot of votes to be won out there from players that aren't into PvP. Even if your a PK guild sending a personal and private invitation to guildmasters about your event will go a long way. You could even arrange a battle or scenario with an anti-PK guild as a way to engage players you may not typically play with. These situations will often yield better outcomes because both parties can schedule with their members the best time to have the event. These help bring in players to your public shard events.

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

Maahes wrote:
2) If a graveyard is part of your proposal to the shard and is accepted, small spawns have been added before and we have had very successful undead themed towns in the past.
I just now saw this thread since it was bumped. I had no idea that the GMs were willing to officially recognize player towns and add things to them (although I had scratched my head at some things I saw in a player town or two, obviously this explains it).

Since a long-term goal for me personally would be to grow the new UWL guild and set up an undead town, I'd be interested in hearing about these undead towns of old if anyone can remember them...what sort of decorations did they have, what events did they do, etc.?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Lagrath wrote:
Maahes wrote:
2) If a graveyard is part of your proposal to the shard and is accepted, small spawns have been added before and we have had very successful undead themed towns in the past.
I just now saw this thread since it was bumped. I had no idea that the GMs were willing to officially recognize player towns and add things to them (although I had scratched my head at some things I saw in a player town or two, obviously this explains it).

Since a long-term goal for me personally would be to grow the new UWL guild and set up an undead town, I'd be interested in hearing about these undead towns of old if anyone can remember them...what sort of decorations did they have, what events did they do, etc.?
I can't speak for undead towns..though I did design undead buildings in the past for another shard.

xxx

But you can always stop by the Bloodrock fort and check it out. We always had a 'blessed fort' on Great lakes...granted the person who designed the great lakes one didnt' have anywhere near the talent (or ability) of the person who designed the Bloodrock one.

Also, our fort has an orc spawn which are considered 'guilded'. They don't attack anyone in our guild. Though it should be noted, as far as i know, none of us ever asked for a spawn. It was just gifted from Derrick.

For an actual 'blessed town' instead of a blessed static that we really have no control over, you can always check out the vesper strip. C^V has a town set up there with some added roads and decorations.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

Ronk wrote:
I can't speak for undead towns..though I did design undead buildings in the past for another shard.

xxx

But you can always stop by the Bloodrock fort and check it out. We always had a 'blessed fort' on Great lakes...granted the person who designed the great lakes one didnt' have anywhere near the talent (or ability) of the person who designed the Bloodrock one.
So is your fort one that didn't exist before the GMs put it down? Is it custom-designed, or identical to, say, the cove one? Is it possible to put in custom structures on this server, like the undead ones you designed for another shard?
Ronk wrote:Also, our fort has an orc spawn which are considered 'guilded'. They don't attack anyone in our guild. Though it should be noted, as far as i know, none of us ever asked for a spawn. It was just gifted from Derrick.
Oh wow, that is AWESOME. Blows my mind. I was wondering what the deal was with the NPC orcs in the screenshots- I assumed they just attacked player orcs as well and you guys dealt with it.

It would be amazing if someday we could achieve something similar with an undead town...ACTUAL skeleton and ghoul hordes wandering out of the graveyard and populating the town would be an incredible boon to social events in town and to the ambiance...and maybe an NPC lich or lich lord or two would give some incentive for outsiders to come invade our town occasionally. Certainly would be a nice way to transform some remote area that no one will ever visit otherwise.

Ronk wrote:For an actual 'blessed town' instead of a blessed static that we really have no control over, you can always check out the vesper strip. C^V has a town set up there with some added roads and decorations.
What is the difference between a "blessed town" and a "blessed static" item?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Ok, well first, the XXX's were suppose to be links in my previous post. I forgot to put them. Oops...

This was an undead patio house I designed:

And heres an undead castle replacement....again these were for another shard from long ago
ImageImage

Heres an elven tower I designed:

To answer your questions:

No, our fort did not exist before the GM's plopped it down. When we moved to this shard we picked a location and flooded it with houses until a big orc event where we gathered tons of wood and had a fort building event (where humans tried to stop us). Yes, the fort was custom designed from nothing. The template and design were built from scratch...though it was loosely based off of our AI fort which was even looserly based off of our GL fort.

As for the orcs. It can be ncie with one or two but when tons spawn they just get in the way and discourage people from fighting us. No one wants to fight us and a spawn of tons of orcs. ALso, they are rough on new orcs who aren't on the stone yet. So there are pros and cons.

A blessed town is basically a player structure that has some GM added features. For example, in the vesper strip town you'll see someone has a two story house but it has a road leading up to it and a statue nearby. These are still player houses, people can still log in them, store loot, run vendors, or ban people.

On the flip side, a static structure like our orc fort is just decoration (much like buildings in britain). We can't instant log in our fort. We can't ban people. We can't lock things down.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

Maahes wrote: -Your town will need to stay maintained(active) in order to prevent any upkeep costs for repairs. In other words, if your add-ons decay due to inactivity, they will need to be payed in full to be repaired.
Im curious if this is in fact true? I've often wondered about the inactive guild towns with addons why some of those addons are even still around without the people who worked for them.
$$$ guild south tip of moonglow island docks and vendor tent spring to mind as example?

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.