Windows 10 install

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Windows 10 install

Post by Fox »

Patek wrote:If Windows 10 still has it, make sure you run the shortcut for Razor that you use for UO with Administrator turned 'on' and compatability mode set to 'Windows XP SP3'

That should be about it. Any other weird stuff let us know, might be good for others going through the same install.

Cheers.

- Patek
I converted to windows 10 maybe 5 months ago, and recently starting playing UO again. I've been having trouble where my PC completely freezes, and I have no choice but to do a hard reset or hard power off. The freeze does not particularly appear to be related to duration (I only play a couple hours a day max), though something tells me it happens more often if I have more than 1 client up. I've followed the recommendations on this thread, (except I am not sure what Aero theme is). I have also googled quite a bit, and found things like going into the Link State Power Management and turning it OFF. My PC is clean; I don't have this issue except when UO/Razor are running. All of my drivers (especially graphics) are up to date. I've done a registry check and removed issues... all recommended through google searches.

I am at a bit of a loss - any guidance would be greatly appreciated. (I even looked into switching back to windows 7 but it is too late, and I am not comfortable performing a clean install myself).

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Thank you for the reply. I did use the suggestions within this thread, to get around the regs not displaying, so they now display.

However, I did not go around the UOSA website download for razor, and look to see if there is a more updated version, I am using version 1.0.12.15 and version 1.0.14.9 appears to be the latest. http://www.uorazor.com/change-logs/

Would updating razor cause compatibility to uosa server?
Does anyone know if I would need to save macros and profiles before making the update?

Thanks, Fox.

OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Anyone know how to get UO Curse to work on W10?
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

As a follow up to my posts on this thread:

I recently removed my existing hard drive, installed a new one, installed windows 7 (latest CD I hate) ... etc., and have had *knock on wood* not 1 single PC crash/freeze. I am, however, choosing to keep Windows 7, at least for now.

Based on others using Windows 10 successfully, and other research I did on the issue, it was likely that my HD was simply failing, or the issue. It was about 5 years old anyhow.

It was a great experience doing this myself, so I am proud, (but I did have help on choosing the parts from my sister).

-Fox.