Magery not raising

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Mistero76

Magery not raising

Post by Mistero76 »

I seem to be stuck at 57.1 real magery (63.0 shown).

Been casting Lightning on myself, resisting spells is raising, meditation is raising (less than resist), no magery or eval int gains in some hours and more less 400 spells casted. Am I doing something wrong, or is just time to move to Energy Bolt?

Ill Gates

Re: Magery not raising

Post by Ill Gates »

You switch to ebolt at 62.9. You can't gain any further with lightning.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Mistero76

Post by Mistero76 »

Ill Gates wrote:You switch to ebolt at 62.9. You can't gain any further with lightning.
shown or real?

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Mistero76 wrote:
Ill Gates wrote:You switch to ebolt at 62.9. You can't gain any further with lightning.
shown or real?
For all intents and purposes, ignore real. You need to be using your shown.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

I've GM'ed a lot of magery on chars during my time, I always use the following from the guides:

50.0 - 62.9 > Lightning
63.0 - 82.9 > Energy Bolt
83.0 - GM > Flamestrike

All values are "shown" not "real".

You can technically raise it faster (cast 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8th circle spells rather than 4 - 6 - 7), but the above is by far the best in terms of reg cost and also the best for raising resist spells while you do it. If you're at 55.0 resist (from fire field) when you start from 50.0 magery you'll be 86 - 88 resist when you're done.

Cheers.

- Patek

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Mistero76 wrote:I seem to be stuck at 57.1 real magery (63.0 shown).

Been casting Lightning on myself, resisting spells is raising, meditation is raising (less than resist), no magery or eval int gains in some hours and more less 400 spells casted. Am I doing something wrong, or is just time to move to Energy Bolt?
Lightning is really tough at this point: the Magery gains are horrible.

Some suggestion I will make:

1. If your Mage's Int is high (95-100; wear a +5 hat, too!) AND if you have a low-Int character (say, a Dexxer) on a second account, cast Mind Blast on the second character (Ideally, that character would also possess 55+ Resist and, so, will gain Resist, also): you will enjoy increased gains in Magery that more-than make-up for the extra regs. Have a Healer: many of those Mind Blasts will hit like Ebolts. Oh, don't try to cast Mind Blast on yourself: your gains won't be nearly as good, and no Resist or Healing gains for anyone ...

2. For Magery-only, and only if it suits your objectives, cast only Recall (for whatever reason, Recall seems to give better gains than Lightning, above 57.1 [and, yes, from that specific break-point!] in my experience): if you've got a lot of "merchanting" to do, or if your mage can also actively adventure (say, weapons or bard skills, or lockpicking), adventure/merchant/whatever to cast Recall all over the place, until you get past that 62.9 threshold; if adventuring, frequent use of Magic Reflection and/or Blade Spirits would provide an excellent boost (so, attack spell-casting-mobs as much as you like, and/or team-up with a bard-friend/guildie and visit Wrong2!).

3. Again for Magery-only, if you have alts/guildies/friends who want to train Archery, you can cast Blade Spirits for them to train off-of (so far as I know, this can't be done in your house, anymore, but there is another way to do it: anyone who needs a "hint" is welcome to PM me): Blade Spiriting someone's Archery from 50ish to GM should easily push 57.1 Magery over 62.9. You might even be able to hire yourself out to provide such a service!

Otherwise, you mention Meditation: you have to "marry" your use of active Meditation to your mana-expenditure; this "sweet-spot" changes according to increased skill and maximum Intelligence (roughly, for 100Int, 120-Med is the formula for determining the proper mana-level at which to Meditate, for optimum gains): there are guides in the Master Guide List.

Good luck!

SS

P.S. Do I see HOI3 in your avatar-portrait ... ?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Mistero76

Post by Mistero76 »

Thanks everyone, it started to rasise again as soon as I moved to E-Bolt, I was using real and that was the problem.

Thanks Sighelm for the detailed and precious infos, and no, the image I have on my avatar is Image a picture I took off internet, and using it from the ninety... Just love it.

BTW, I LOVE HoI aswell :P

Return to “Guides”