Patek's Guides - Raising Stats (including macros)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Patek's Guides - Raising Stats (including macros)

Post by Patek »

Patek's Guides - Raising Stats

Introduction:
This guide will show you how to raise all three of the stats extremely quickly (10 to 100 of any of the three or just 100/100/25 in less than 90 minutes). Also included is a guide on buying skills up to 700.0 real to allow the very fast stat gain method, commonly referred to as "see saw'ing", to work. The guide may appear long, but it's very simple and following it will get you to your desired stat level very quickly.

The macros included in this guide aren't required for the method to work at all, they simply make the process a lot easier.

This guide uses the following skills for raising stats -
Camping - Str and Int
Herding - Str, int and Dex (you'll need a shepherd's crook equipped for this which you can buy off an Animal Tamer at the Stables)
Snooping - Dex

Requirements:
6000gp - This is the amount required for buying skills up to 700.0 real from a completely new character.

Macros Included:
Stat - Cut Kindling, for cutting kindling for use with camping.
Stat - Use Kindling, for using the cut kindling with camping.
Stat - Herding, for herding an animal.
Stat - Snooping, for snooping a backpack.
Copy the "text format" versions of the above macros into a .txt file in the Razor\Macros directory and save. Next change the file extension to .macro. It will appear in Razor's macro list after you restart Razor. The lines requiring changing, detailed in red above, are done by right-click on that particular line in the macro in Razor, selecting Set Target and then clicking on the target you want to add.

Method:

Step 1 - Raising total skill points to 700.0 real.
Step 2 - Preparing skills for "see-saw".
Step 3 - Performing the "see-saw".
This guide is the first in a new set of guides I'm releasing to help clear up some of the questions around stats, certain skills and macros in general. These guides aim to be uniform in fashion with full explanations and methods presented in a clear and concise way. Any questions or suggestions let me know.

Take care all

- Patek

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Patek's Guides - Raising Stats (including macros)

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Patek, I don't want to piss in your Cheerios, but this isn't necessary.

1. Define a Template
2. Choose starting skills
3. Play the game.

That's it, period: do "it" sensibly, and all stats will be in order long before your desired skills flesh-out; on OSI, we didn't have Razor or, pre-OurEADate, stat/skill pointers.

To the extent that I will actually offer additional advice, use Razor: in some cases, you could push 5 skills all at the same time ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Patek, I don't want to piss in your Cheerios, but this isn't necessary.

1. Define a Template
2. Choose starting skills
3. Play the game.

That's it, period: do "it" sensibly, and all stats will be in order long before your desired skills flesh-out; on OSI, we didn't have Razor or, pre-OurEADate, stat/skill pointers.

SS
I understand the idea of just playing the game, its really just dependent on the play style of the individual. This guide is more provided if you're a) finishing the stats of a character or b) power levelling. If the person wants to just play and let stats go naturally then all the power to them. (I've been playing UO since early 1998 too, so I understand no 700.0 skill cap, no skill arrows, no stat arrows, pre-patch archery, no meditation, no razor, no UOA etc style accuracy, but some things like stats are just a pain regardless of the era).

This guide and the series of guides i'm writing up are more to get people competitive (PvP, PvM or crafting-wise) as quickly as possible to help remove the cliff some new people feel they have to climb when they join. If I can get more 7xGM hally mages on the field PVP'ing or more alchemists/blacksmiths/poisoners running vendors then my work will be worth-while :D

Cheers

- Patek

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Patek you must have pissed off the hitler youth pretty bad if he's shitting up your guide threads, did you touch his sister or something?
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Soma wrote:Patek you must have pissed off the hitler youth pretty bad if he's shitting up your guide threads, did you touch his sister or something?
Wow, epic-troll-failure: any troll should be able to discern between 8th-century England and Nazi Germany; your brethren writhe in shame ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Nice try hitler jr

SighelmofWyrmgard

Soma wrote:Nice try hitler jr
"Try"; what "try"?

There is no "try": there's an oozing hole between your eyes where the bullet went in.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

I am not a jew, your hitler jr powers will not work no matter how hard you try

Return to “Guides”