Mana steal

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Punishing Ken

Mana steal

Post by Punishing Ken »

As a Dexxer I did GM Eval, with the goal of 100% effective end pvp unlike exp. potions, which are not always catching up. But in reality it does not behave as I expected. Why is that often during combat, to arms, my mana is going down and when the moment comes to start in escaping the enemy ebolt, it is found that I don't have enough mana. At the beginning of the battle it was (was only used for Harm marks) Question! Mana is stolen during the battle, similar as mace stamina? And if Yes, from what kinds of weapons exactly? Noticed that Hally. Thank you. (Sorry for my English :) )

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mana steal

Post by fox_phyre »

Evaluating Intelligence does not help you keep your mana up. Meditation will passively replenish your mana when it is beneath maximum. There are charges on weapons called Mages Bane that deplete mana when you strike an opponent. It is the same as the spell Mana Drain. When Mana Drain is normally cast, it measures the caster's evaluating intelligence skill vs. the target's Resisting Spells skill level. I am not sure if Mage's Bane weapons measure these skills.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

my skills 100/100/25 (mana) I am sure there is no place Mana Drain spell and Mages Bane weapon. Just at the beginning of the fight my mana is full (25/25) but when the moment to throw ebolt after physical contact, mana gone somewhere. :?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Punishing Ken wrote:my skills 100/100/25 (mana) I am sure there is no place Mana Drain spell and Mages Bane weapon. Just at the beginning of the fight my mana is full (25/25) but when the moment to throw ebolt after physical contact, mana gone somewhere. :?
Ken are you throwing the ebolt or receiving it? If you are throwing it, then that's where your mana is going. An ebolt is 20 mana.
So you only have 5 for recall, but you need 11.
If that's what your asking.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Punishing Ken wrote:my skills 100/100/25 (mana) I am sure there is no place Mana Drain spell and Mages Bane weapon. Just at the beginning of the fight my mana is full (25/25) but when the moment to throw ebolt after physical contact, mana gone somewhere. :?
Ken are you throwing the ebolt or receiving it? If you are throwing it, then that's where your mana is going. An ebolt is 20 mana.
No, I don't have enough mana to cast ebolt. It is where it disappears after physical contact in pvp. Although at the beginning of the battle she was 25/25

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Punishing Ken wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:
No, I don't have enough mana to cast ebolt. It is where it disappears after physical contact in pvp. Although at the beginning of the battle she was 25/25
Then some sort of magic is being used on you, whether by a caster or a weapon. Do you see a system message of any kind when
you make contact?
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Punishing Ken wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:
Then some sort of magic is being used on you, whether by a caster or a weapon. Do you see a system message of any kind when
you make contact?
Well in pvp I don't have time to read them.) But the mana steal has no place to be from conventional weapons, I correctly understand?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Correct, they aren't using conventional weapons, they are using magic weapons. Like fox-phyre said, its most likely mage's bane charged [any type] weapon.

You are able to counteract this by equipping anything charged with cunning. Like a cunning necklace. I have a bunch of different wearable items with cunning charges. Though you only want to use them when needed. You'll have to setup a macro to equip when needed, or it will use the charges as you wear it [automatic]
Trinny Stone Vendors

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

ok. Thanks for the replies, guys. :wink:

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Punishing Ken wrote:ok. Thanks for the replies, guys. :wink:
You are welcome to the items for free, as I don't use them.
Cheers
Trinny Stone Vendors

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Its possible you got Feeblemind cast on you during the fight which would lower your intl under the required 20 to cast Ebolt.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

I don't think I've ever seen a mana drain effectively work here... I'd be shocked if that was it.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Ill Gates wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a mana drain effectively work here... I'd be shocked if that was it.
Trust when you have 25 mana, drain works great. :mrgreen:
It's not in your shoes to shit with 100 mana and 100 med run around. Here each unit in the account. :D

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Do you have 0 resist?

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Ill Gates wrote:Do you have 0 resist?