The Rick is back

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
TheRick

The Rick is back

Post by TheRick »

Gday all, just downloading required files now and am looking to get back into it after a very long break

The Rick from athlore DL and beyond.

say hello if you know me, would be great to hook up with mates from the old days and make friends in the new ones.!

Nickodemuse

Re: The Rick is back

Post by Nickodemuse »

You just joining this server or you use to play on here? Either way Welcome (back?) to UOSA.

If you have any questions and need them answered fast I suggest joined UOSA's IRC chat. You'll see the IRC chat tab at the top of the page.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Oh no, not The Rick. I'm still sick of that guy.

TheRick

Post by TheRick »

haha, cant still be sick of me mate, you'd think with my absence from UO you would of recovered

i have not played this server ever. Played Athlore x 3 and a few others here n there.

might need a little guidence on this server. i made a char, went to brit and no one was around lol.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

The population is not robust right now, that's for sure.

In-era Stratics, archived by The Wayback Machine, gives good information (at least for the most part).

Skill-wise, the primary diversion from other rulesets is Meditation (active Meditation can not be invoked in Heavy Armor, but passive Meditation applies --with diminishing returns for heavier armor types-- in all cases, excepting only full plate).

Mechanics-wise, the primary difference is probably "Insta-Hit", and maybe the reputation/murder system.

If you feel the need, visit UO Guide, Publishes, in order to read OSI's updates as they were originally published, so that you can perform some cross-comparisons to evaluate the UOSA ruleset: the shard's "era-accuracy" benchmark is "Publish 1", Nov. 23/99.

Welcome, and if you need assistance (want to buy potions, need your spellbook filled, want GM armor/weapons) or are having trouble finding something, feel free to PM me.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

TheRick

Post by TheRick »

thank you very much for the infomation and offered assistance :D i will most likely start off as a blacksmith, try and get some money up, cheers

SighelmofWyrmgard

TheRick wrote:thank you very much for the infomation and offered assistance :D i will most likely start off as a blacksmith, try and get some money up, cheers
If you are looking to craft in order to gain capital, Blacksmithing might not be your best choice: you stand to earn more per hour through either Bowcraft or Tailoring; please look here and here (in either case, make the best-return item according to skill).

While unattended resource-gathering is illegal, unattended crafting scripts are permitted, as is multi-clienting of up to 3 clients: you might gain a little more efficiency/facility by dividing the work.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

TheRick

Post by TheRick »

good to know!

i have a question tho, i cant seem to get razor's macro's to work. i click macro, new, type a name for said macro and nothing happens...? am i doing osmething wrong?

Rik Smits

Post by Rik Smits »

Try to right click the Razor Icon, and go to properties. Then go to the 'Compatibility' Tab. Check the box for "run the program as administrator" and also change the compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 3.

SighelmofWyrmgard

TheRick wrote:good to know!

i have a question tho, i cant seem to get razor's macro's to work. i click macro, new, type a name for said macro and nothing happens...? am i doing osmething wrong?
I'm not sure where your hang-up is: you will need to record a macro before you will have any script; is the 'record' function not working?

To be clear, after you name your macro the scripting area will be blank, and you will need to use the 'record' button to initiate the recording of the macro; when you have finished all the desired in-game actions, that same button will be called 'stop recording', and you will need to hit it again to establish the ending of the script.

If the recording function isn't working, then it likely is some form of permissions issue: try Rik Smits' suggestions.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

TheRick

Post by TheRick »

got it working, admin privs were required all sorted! thanks !

Return to “Guides”