WTF! There's no mage guide? How do I raise intelligence?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
QuinnSpade

WTF! There's no mage guide? How do I raise intelligence?

Post by QuinnSpade »

Okay, seriously, I am getting so frustrated.

No one on IRC is responding to my questions or even acknowledging me there at all.

I can't find a mage guide ANYWHERE on this site, and I have NO idea how to raise my intelligence.

Can someone give me a damn clue??

Thank you! :)

-Quinn-

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: WTF! There's no mage guide? How do I raise intelligence?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This nifty guide that just so happened to be in the same forum you just posted in appears to solve your problem...

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5322

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

By mage guide do you mean the Magery skill? Or a broader mage template?

Here's what I did:
Started with 50 magery and 50 resist.

I didn't raise int first because it's not necessary to cast the 4th circle 11 mana Lightning, 6th circle 20 mana Energy Bolt and 7th circle 40 mana Flamestrike spells. It may be illusory but I feel that this made it easier to raise meditation too.

First I used a magical wizard's hat to raise meditation into the low-mid 60's by repeatedly taking it off, putting it on and meditating.

Next I raised magery, meditation and resist at the same time by casting the 3 previously mentioned spells on myself (make sure you're not in town guards or you won't gain resist). Lightning to 62ish, Energy Bolt to 82ish, Flamestrike to 100 (all are regular skill values, not base values). I had another character healing me with bandages while casting on myself. My med was 100 well before magery and my resist was 91 when all was said and done. You can GM resist by either continuing to cast Flamestrike on yourself or by getting into a Meteor Swarm resist session.

Finally I raised Eval Int to get the spell damage bonus. I raised this last so that I would do less damage to myself while training magery. Oh and my int was 100 long before I was done. I would recommend raising str first though so you have more HP with which to damage yourself.

Edit: I got or improved upon all these ideas from this forum :D Just look a little harder!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

You should consider bookmarking the UOSA Wiki

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Magery

It's going to get improved in the near future but already has a huge bundle of information and is extremely easy to navigate and search for what you need.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

Do you have a house and money supplies?

Magery it's expensive [50 to 100 cost 300-400 K gold Piece]
Magical resist don't raise in town[because spell don't do dmg .. duh] . So if you macro in town .. you will need around 350-450K to get gm resist.

Macroing in town ... such a bad idea .. Sure it's faster because you don't have to heal yourself.But it's going to cost you the double.

So in fact it's a win /lose situation . You will be gm magery in town faster .. But you would be gm resist and magery with some more day and the same ammount spend of reagents outside of town.

Return to “Guides”