Guide : Razor

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guide : Razor

Post by leterrien »

Ok, so let this serve as a guide to all things Razor related. It is high time we had a guide about razor macros, it is one of the most commonly asked questions in IRC. To start off, I will go over the best features on Razor's tabs, then i will post a few of my best macros. I hope that other people will post more macros and also their tips in general about using razor. Also, please post your key-maps, ie what keys do you use to do what in game!
This can also serve as a place to discuss the impact that razor has on the game and which features people like and dislike. Feel free to request a macro here too!

*General Tab
-Filters- Whether it is those horrid screams from sheep being butchered, getting a better view of a dungeon, or turning off the rain so your computer doesn't lag, the filters are a god send.
-UO positioning System- A mini map that displays more than the in-game map, and also tells you your coordinates. You can adjust the size and dbl click to embed into UO. Not as cool as UOAM, but handy.

*Options (I think are handy)
-Block dismount in war mode
-Auto stack ore/fish/logs at feet- great for mining
-Auto open corpses
-Filter repeating system messages

*More Options
-Show health above people/creatures- This can be either good or bad. If there are many things going on at once, and you are trying to drag bars and target for provoke, this can really get in the way.
-Count stealth steps
-Auto unequip before casting- doesnt work for scrolls/runebooks
-Auto un/re-equip hands for potions- damn handy
-Force Game size- You can expand your UO window to see more at once, although some along the sides may show grey where the server will not send you data. Not sure how much farther you can see with this.

*Display/counters
This is a really great feature of razor. Not only can razor count your regs, it can count anything you want it to, and display it at the top of the UO window. Hold the mouse over the Title-bar display entries and a help box will pop up with a list of "possible values" There are three different sizes of stat bars, it can show you your weight, max HP etc. Play around with it, have fun and make your own custom title bar.

*Arm/Dress-
I actually haven't used this one yet, maybe someone else who like to use this feature can post something. I think you can set outfits to auto change into or something, including armor/wep combinations.

*Skills-
Much better alternative to the in-game skill list. You can sort skill instantly by clicking on the columns. You can also see how much your skills have changed +/-.

*Agents-
Scavenger- Auto-picks stuff up off the ground. Handy for regs, gold, gems, arrows, whatever.
Sell- Saves a lot of time and clicking when selling to NPCs.
Buy- I haven't used this yet, but i assume it is just like the sell one.... in reverse.
Use Once- Set trapped pouches here to escape PKs.
Restock- Very handy to quickly grab set items from targeted bag. I like to use this in my macros so I do not have many bandies/regs/ingots/whatever on me at once.

*Video Capture and *Screenshots
You can take video in either .rpv (Razor playback) format, or make a .avi file. I have never been able to get any .avi files to play though.

*Hot Keys*
This is a very important tab. This is where everything comes together from the other tabs. Agents, Dress, Items, Macros, Misc, Skills, Spells, Targets. This is where you setup the keys that will either make you or break you. Linking that badass stealing macro to Alt+F or that restock agent to Ctrl+Alt+F12. Make it totally custom to your gameplay.

*Macros
Ok, now is the time to include a few macros. I will try and explain how the macros work in general with a few examples.

Example #1- Gaining Stealth Macro
Ok, so you could always make a simple macro and loop it,

Use skill Hiding
Wait 10 secs
Use skill Stealth
Wait 10 secs

But, this is not the most efficient way! Most of the time you will stealth successfully, so you will not need to hide again. The previous macro will waste 10 secs every time you do not need to re-hide. One of the best features of razor macros is "If System Message". All you need to do is figure out the keyword that you want to trigger something different. Here in the stealth example, the keyword is 'begin', from "You begin to move quietly". This is what I would call a positive response. The other responses(negative) that you can get for this particular macro are "You must hide first" and "You fail to move unnoticed". So, depending on how you build the macro, you could use "begin" or "fail" or "first", but "move" and "hide" are probably not good keywords because they occur in more than one of the possible system messages. Now, on to the example,

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|47
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|begin
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|21
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10

Interpretation:
Use Skill Stealth
Pause 5 secs
If sysmsg "begin"
Pause 5 secs
else
Pause 5 secs
Use Skill Hiding
Pause 10 secs

So, if you follow this macro, it will first use the stealth skill, and if it receives the positive system message ("Begin"), it will wait the last 5 secs then loop back to the beginning and repeat. If it does not see the word "Begin" from the system message "You begin to move unnoticed", then it goes to the else clause, which re-hides before looping back to the beginning.

Example #2- My badass attended chopping logs->boards macro

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|enough
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074018099|3907
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074018099|3907
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|380
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01

Here is my interpretation:
If System Message "enough" # from "Not enough wood here to chop" sysmsg
Double click Equipped Axe # Must be targeted new whenever your axe breaks!
Pause 3 secs
Else
Double click Equipped Axe # Must be targeted new whenever your axe breaks!
Wait for target
Last Target
End if
If Weight > 380
Double click by type: Jointing Plane
Wait for menu
Menu Response 1
Wait for Menu
Menu Response 1
Endif
Pause 1 sec

This is an awesome macro, all you hafta do is walk around and target new trees when you get the "Not enough..." message. Automatically makes the logs into boards when i get near my max weight.

Example #3- Magery/Med/Heal/Resist Mega-Macro
This is the macro I am currently using to raise 4 skills at once on my healing mage. I am doing this macro in town and using the bank to restock.

If Hits >80 #Not really needed in town, if out of town, make an else->healself clause.
If mana <13
Double click by type: Clean Bandages
Wait for Target
Target Self
Use Skill: Meditation
Pause 16 secs
Use Skill: Meditation
Wait for mana >80
Endif
Cast Spell Lightening
Wait for Target
Target Self
Pause 1 sec
Endif
Restock Agent
Wait for Target
Absolute Target # Bag with regs and bandies in bank box
Pause 2 sec

Set your restock agent for 5ea of the regs required for the spell and bandies. With this particular macro, and done in town, i am usually down to 94-95 health by the time my mana is low enough to trigger the bandies, so there is plenty to heal up. Other spells that take more mana may not do enough damage in town for healing to work. As with all of these, and every macro, you should adjust the numbers/spells to fit your character and the situation.

Ok, I think that is enough for now, but I will post more later. =)

Kelson

Re: Razor Guide

Post by Kelson »

This is a great post, thank you!

Here are some additional comments from my learning:

Dress/Undress: If you have a Dexxer this is a great tool to switch between your different weapon combinations. I have Dress1 set up to equip my Hally, and Dress2 to use my Katana/Shield. Setting Dress1 to "Ctrl1" and Dress2 to "Ctrl2" allows me to open with a Hally hit, then hit Ctrl2 to quickly change to my Katana for the remainder of the fight.

I also have it set up with different armor combinations.. whether I want my Chain set or Plate set... just easier not to have to move stuff yourself! (also kinda nice to re-equip everything when you die... not that I like to admit that happens to much!!)

Buy Agent: I've tried it, and maybe I am just doing something wrong but I cant seem to get it to work :P I heard someone else talking in IRC about it... not sure if we were doing the same thing wrong or not. If someone has it set up and it allows them to buy a # of Regs from each vendor that would be great!

Display/Counters: I just got this to work last night (Thx Derreck!) because I am running Windows Vista, and you need to turn off a setting to allow this to work. I know you right click your Razor shortcut, choose Properties, and then deselct an option... although I dont remember exactly which one it was. Maybe Derreck can comment?
Jessica; GM of Knights who say "Ni!"
Kelson; Future Order/Chaos Dexxer
Klevmore; GM Crafty
Victoria; Treasure Hunter!

alatar

Post by alatar »

You have to [Enable] the Buy-Agent in order for it to work. It's the same thing as Scavenger Agent, works in the same perspective except it Buys instead of Loots.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Thanks heaps leterrien, I've tried to design a decent lumbering macro a few times. Awesome. :)

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I've recently been mining with both picks and shovels at the same time.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3897|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4000000

This macro simply starts digging with a pick in the players hand (hotkeyaction is the a hotkey I've set up for use item in hand) and then before the pick digging finishes (400 milli-seconds later) it starts mining with a shovel from the players backpack. You need to assign it a target area with an ore vein at the beginning before you start the macro (hence the last target line).

Obviously you need to tinker or buy shovels and picks, but it's twice as quick as only using either a pick or shovel :) I'd like to make it a bit more like your lumbering maco, so I don't have to ctrl + a (use item in hand) to find new ore veins all the time, but it's definitely an improvement on normal mining.
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I just do target relative location for minning and it seems to work great. Just loop it and walk around till you start digging and stop. However in a way Im sure its not as efficient because I have a feeling I miss a lot of veins.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah, I used to to that for mining. I still do in caves, but for mining outside (like you've said) I found I was missing heaps of ore veins.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Ok, requested by Shivers, lockpicking macro with If SysMsg:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|5372|True
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1074095753|81|97|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1073887815|1664|2968|14|2474
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|appear to be locked
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074095754|4110
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1074095753|84|66|0|2474

Translates into:
Double Click by type: Lockpicks
Wait for target
Absolute target(Box)
Pause 1 sec
Restock agent(set to a few lockpicks)
wait for target
Target in bank/box
Pause 5 sec
If SysMessage "appear to be locked" (from "Does not appear to be locked")
Double click absolute(key)
wait for target
Absolute Target
Ebd if

As always, you can adjust the numbers and system message to suit you best.

Cheers!

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

This just in... Buy agent kicks major ass. That is all.

Shivers

Post by Shivers »

thanks alot for the macro! =D

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Damn right! Buy agent and sell agent are ace!

It's awesome being able to instantaneously sell a whole bunch of various gems with the sell agent... :)

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Razor macro for raising stealing. Requires two characters:

The two macros are set up so that whenever the target is stolen, the thief drags/drops it from his backpack and the 'victim' can pick it up. You could do this with If(sysmsg), but my friend did it using bandages, which works very well for me. To gain stealing you must increase the weight of the bag by 1 stone for every 10 skill you have (DONT FORGET about the weight of the container itself). For best gains, i usually try to steal one stone weight higher than my current skill/10, so if you have 55 stealing, steal a 6 stone item.

Here is the 'victim's macro, short and sweet. you could add other things to this macro if the character needs to work on something, like anat, eval, etc... Just no hiding, gotta stay visible.

!loop
If Bandage count <2
Lift Bag(from anywhere around you, be it another container or just off the ground)
Drop Bag(into backpack)

Thats it!

Now, the thief's side of things:

!loop
Use skill Stealing
Wait for target
Absolute target (Container in victim's backpack)
Wait 5 secs
If Bandage counter >2
Lift Bag (from your own backpack)
Drop bag (on ground or other container)
End If
Pause 5 sec

I have tested it and you CAN gain skill by stealing from a guildmate! You will probably want to do this macro inside a house. Also, drag individual bandages into the bag, do not let them stack, and you can do with only a few!

Hope that helps Xeen! ;)

kurai shinzou

Post by kurai shinzou »

This is a mining macro that I've been working on that has a lot of small bugs. If anyone can/wants to help me fix them it would be greatly appreciated.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|210
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|too far
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|can't mine
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|ore
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|no metal here
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1000

kurai shinzou

Post by kurai shinzou »

This is my debugged version of the auto-chop macro

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|260
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3913|True
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you hack at the tree for a while, but fail to produce any useable wood.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you put some logs into your backpack.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|target cannot be seen
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|that is too far away.
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you can't use an axe on that.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|there's not enough wood here to harvest.
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Tree Finished Sir!!!

Comftroblynumb

Re: Guide : Razor

Post by Comftroblynumb »

Anyone have a good razor macro for stealing i cant seem to find a good one that works well. Also a restock macro would be good. Thanks

Tarvok

Re: Guide : Razor

Post by Tarvok »

Perhaps better would be to teach folks how to make macros in general. I shall demonstrate the principle by illustrating the process by which I made my lumberjacking/shaft making macro.

Initially, I tried out kurai shinzou's macro, but adapted it to make shafts, rather than boards. The problem is kurai's macro is a mess. It spends a lot of time cycling through chop after chop while the system is still waiting for the last chop to complete. It never actually stops and waits for you to pick a new tree (though a target hangs enough that I can retarget without having to stop the macro); that part of the code doesn't work. Plus, every time I changed to a different type of axe, there were something like five different spots I had to re-target to get it to work. So, I made my own. I will describe the process of how I arrived at it.

My first lumberjacking macro did nothing more than chop last target. All I did was start recording, double click my axe, then click a nearby tree. That gave me something like this:

Code: Select all

double click absolute target
click absolute target
wait 3000 milliseconds
You can right click on things like that and convert it to categories, rather than absolute targets. I converted the first to "click type axe" and the second to "click last target". Right click and you can "insert special". Included in that is the wait command. That's where the wait comes from.

Then I tried out kurai's macro. It was more convenient than doing everything by hand, or even having to stop my simple cycling macro before I could make shafts out of the logs... but as I said, it was a mess. So today, I wrote my own. Here is how I went about it. Start with pseudocode:

1. Check weight, if over 300 make shafts.
2. Chop last target
3. If there's no wood, speak a message, give me a targeter, and await my command.
4. If the target is invalid, give me a targeter, and await my command.

First thing's first: record the basic actions. I hit record, double-clicked my longsword, clicked my logs, chose shafts, then double-clicked my axe, clicked a tree. Then I said "*whew* Next tree." (or something like that). So we get something like this:

double click absolute
click absolute
wait for menu
choose menu 1
wait for menu
choose menu 2
double click absolute
click absolute
say "*whew*"
say "Next tree"
Next step: Convert the clicks. You don't want to have to retarget every time you replace your axe or sword/knife. Both get converted to double-click by type. The tree click gets converted to "last target"

double click type longsword
click type logs
wait for menu
choose menu 1
wait for menu
choose menu 2
double click type axe
click last target
say "*whew*"
say "Next tree."
Step three: Make the shaft making conditional. Above the shaft making block insert construct: If weight >= 300. Below the shaft making block insert: end if.

If weight >=300
click type logs
wait for menu
choose menu 1
wait for menu
choose menu 2
endif
double click type axe
click last target
say "*whew*"
say "Next tree."
ANow we need to insert the appropriate wait times, to keep it from trying to chop again while you're still on previous chopping or carving. When making macros, you just have to try a number, test it, and keep refining it until you're satisfied. For combat macros, timing is everything! For my lumberjacking/shaft making macro, the following works for me:

If weight >=300
click type logs
wait for menu
choose menu 1
wait for menu
choose menu 2
wait 3500 milliseconds (this can still be refined, and probably will)
endif
double click type axe
click last target
wait 2500 milliseconds
say "*whew*"
say "Next tree."
One step to go: I need to make it stop and let me retarget it if either my tree runs out, or if I just got done carving and it's going to sit there trying to use my axe on my sword (since the sword becomes last target when I carve). That's what "if system message" is for. Just find a portion of the system message you think is unique to the situation, and test for that. Do note that there is often a delay between the action and the display of the system message. For example, for my magery/resist training macro, I had to put a 500 millisecond delay between a meditation attempt and a test to see if the meditation succeeded... otherwise it zoomed past the test too quickly. As to retargeting, that's what "Set Last Target" is for. Thus:

If weight >=300
click type logs
wait for menu
choose menu 1
wait for menu
choose menu 2
wait 3500 milliseconds (this can still be refined, and probably will)
endif
double click type axe
click last target
wait 2500 milliseconds
if system message "not enough"
say "*whew*"
say "Next tree."
Set Last Target
End If
If system message "use an axe"
Set Last Target
End If
My macro is done! You can use this process to make anything. I've got another one that tests my hit points and mana, casts lightning bolt on self if both are high enough, tests hit points again, gheals if it's too low, attempts to meditate, waits long enough that the next meditation doesn't fail on account of the previous attempt being too recent, then waits until mana reaches a certain point if the meditation was successful... and then does it all over again. So, again, the process is as follows:

1. Figure out how to do what you want to do manually. You can't tell Razor to do something you don't know how to do yourself! Get a feel for it, figure out what logical steps you, yourself, are taking.

2. Lay out your sequence in text, to get a feel for what you need to do.

3. Record all actions that need to be done "in-window", anything that requires you to type or click.

4. Convert the resulting code to type and last target and stuff.

5. Add in conditionals, waits, retargets, etc.