Updated : How to GM Alchemy/Poisoning effectively.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Goose

Re: Updated : How to GM Alchemy/Poisoning effectively.

Post by Goose »

I am also not sure how to set up a couter for my poisoning potions. that could also be causing a problem

Goose

Post by Goose »

Ok i got it working good for me now.

Just wondering, can you GM poison and/or alchemy on Greater poisons? If not, what skill would you start making and applying DP?

-Goose

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Goose wrote:Ok i got it working good for me now.

Just wondering, can you GM poison and/or alchemy on Greater poisons? If not, what skill would you start making and applying DP?

-Goose

greater poison all the way to GM. much cheaper i believe. i did a few kegs of DP while in the high high 90s and got very very similar gains per keg
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Goose

Post by Goose »

ok, so Greater poison to GM both alchemy and poisoning? No need to make DP for skill gain in either skills?

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Goose wrote:ok, so Greater poison to GM both alchemy and poisoning? No need to make DP for skill gain in either skills?

i was talking about poisoning, not alchemy.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Goose

Post by Goose »

Ok, so at what alchemy skill would i start making DP?

X'ugar

Post by X'ugar »

Goose wrote:Ok, so at what alchemy skill would i start making DP?
Don't. Make GP or GCure to 100 skill. Deadly Poison potions are very difficult to make, and you'll burn Nightshade like crazy on them.

Currently at 98.8 Alchemy and 94.5 Poisoning (using different characters) with a slightly modified version of what Matron has posted. I seem to be averaging about .1 or .2 a keg using GP currently.

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

Thanks for this. I took off all the cure pot stuff and am using a healbot, everything works great except with the double click mortar by type, 4/5 attempts says "You stop mixing and empty the mortar." It doesn't use any nightshade, but it's just taking a long time to max out the green potions to move onto poisoning. Any tips to fix this?

Valyr

Post by Valyr »

I have the same message as ck. Empties mortar. I also have 50 mortars on me but about 4/5 of the time it tries using the same one.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You are better off making a macro that targets individual mortars, then updating the macro everytime a mortar breaks. It will save you on time and regs, but you can't be afk as much.

Alchemy is a really hard skill to afk macro efficiently.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

kayla22

Post by kayla22 »

Ok. well, i just want to do poisoning, but i cant get my macro to work. MatroDeWinter, u got any tips? It keeps timing out on the second wait for target.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Use Skill :Poisoning
Pause 1 sec
Target by type (your poison)
Pause 1 sec
target a weapon
pause 8 secs (I don't remember if its a 7 sec or 10 sec delay on poison, I'm assuming its 10 now, been awhile since I macro'd this.)

Sometimes it helps to put a bigger delay, if you're having problems. If the macro hangs, log out, close the client, restart UO and reconnect. Sometimes the target by type gets screwy.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

What if you bought 3k lesser poisons and used them to just macro poisoning while using another potion mix dependent on your alchemists skill level to raise alchemy? Are the poisons being brewed relative to the Alchemists skill?
I know this is for one character generation having both skills on one template. Lets suppose you wanted two characters, and wanted an ample supply of empty potion bottles after the 3 K lesser poisons were depleted,and wanted to save more time then money.
Would this be a correct route to go?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Im at a loss in the 99's. Can anyone offer advice.

Tried multiple kegs of GP with zero gains and last night i burnt 8k shade with zero gains on DP.

Sitting at 99.4/99.3

Im Skill capped at 6x + poison at 99.3 and yes my last skill at .7 is facing down...(believe me, after 8k shade with no gains, i check, recheck and then check again at my skill tree)

Who was been here and what am i looking at to top off?

Thanks

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Wouldn't it be a little more efficient to use a <if health < 80 then pause> to the beginning of one of the macros and removing your 3 wait 999 seconds? that way you aren't pausing for 3000 seconds anytime your health gets low?