Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Faust

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by Faust »

I will let Derrick verify this one way or the other.

When I created this gump I coded it with Co-Owners. I made this gump based off the look of the old gump. The picture didn't have co-owners and I completely forgot to add the extra button options for co-owners in it because it wasn't on the picture I was replicating. The ability does exist with the gump. All that needs to be done with it is extending the gump slightly and adding some buttons with text.

During the testing of this gump Derrick brought the co-owner issue to my attention. I had completely forgotten to add those buttons. Derrick than told me how the server originally did not have co-owners in the beginning and with this new gump the possibility for it to not have co-owners may happen again.

Having no co-owners presents an element of risk for the items in a house.

I personally do not care if it goes in one way or another. However, I tend to be in favor of keeping co-owners. This is simply only because I personally go by a seniority structure when it comes to patches for a t2a shard. Co-Owners fall into the standards I go by in this structure. In the end it will be up to Derrick to choose what to do towards this issue.

Faust

Post by Faust »

*Update*

Derrick just notified me that Co-Owners are staying and will be added to the new menu.

adrielle

Post by adrielle »

Excellent, thanks for the info Faust :)

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Good! I am glad with this choice, as Co-owners can place trash barrels and friends cannot. I use this as a security purpose.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

elsternj

Post by elsternj »

if i redeed a house i can sell it back for full price even though the sell menu says im only getting 21k back for it?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, you'll get the full amount. This is a display bug in the menu

Savagefire

Post by Savagefire »

Is there a time limit between when a house was placed and when it can be re-deeded and placed again?
Example: I Place a house on Saturday, and find a better spot on Sunday, can I re-deed it and re-place it or do I have to wait seven days?

**nm, there does not seem to be any timer.

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

How long is house decay? 30 days or 7?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Kaddbar wrote:How long is house decay? 30 days or 7?

;)

Master Chief

Post by Master Chief »

Ok, maybe this has been stated before but I didn't see it. I have tried to lock a key down on the front porch but it says "this is not a lockable item here". I thought that keys were lockable on the front porch?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Master Chief wrote:Ok, maybe this has been stated before but I didn't see it. I have tried to lock a key down on the front porch but it says "this is not a lockable item here". I thought that keys were lockable on the front porch?
As far as I recall, items were lock downable anywhere. The only limit was to containers/secures and then there was a limit to furniture to prevent doors and stair ways from being blocked.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

Ronk wrote:
Master Chief wrote:Ok, maybe this has been stated before but I didn't see it. I have tried to lock a key down on the front porch but it says "this is not a lockable item here". I thought that keys were lockable on the front porch?
As far as I recall, items were lock downable anywhere. The only limit was to containers/secures and then there was a limit to furniture to prevent doors and stair ways from being blocked.
I don't believe you could lock anything down on your porch in t2a.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

There are still ways of locking down items on your outside steps but they must be raised in the air and with no interior decorator, in the air they must stay. Not sure if a key would be accessable or not due to its height, will try later.
?

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

House deeds are not blessed and may be stolen from you by a thief or looted from your corpse if you die.
I haven't been paying attention the last six months or so, but people in IRC say this has changed. Knowing to never trust anything said in IRC at face value, I present the question here. ;)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

cklabyrinth wrote:
House deeds are not blessed and may be stolen from you by a thief or looted from your corpse if you die.
I haven't been paying attention the last six months or so, but people in IRC say this has changed. Knowing to never trust anything said in IRC at face value, I present the question here. ;)
House deeds are blessed as of a recent patch (last month). I'll update this guide.

Thanks!

Return to “Guides”