Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Pro

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by Pro »

100% sure

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'd add Kelekra, Guardian Knight...and although I have never seen him promote himself as a broker, I trust lotus39 too.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

GuitarMonster

Post by GuitarMonster »

Hi all!
I have a few questions:

1) I want to buy a house. Can the previous owner mark rune inside the house, then after selling (and making me the owner) do "recall" into the house to loot it later?

2) Does this shard require any monthly payment (rent) for your house (and how much)?

Sry, my English isn't very good.
Thank you very much!

PHLiNX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by PHLiNX »

1) No, you cannot mark runes inside houses. It is possible to recall into courtyards though.

2) No, once placed houses cost nothing.

Althathwe

Post by Althathwe »

So redeed bleesed or not?
I don't know much English.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Althathwe wrote:So redeed bleesed or not?

Yes redeed house deeds are still newbied but should always be carried in your main pack.

Do not put deed in another bag
Do not have one on a red character

In either of these situations the deed will in fact go to your corpse if you die.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kelektra wrote:
Althathwe wrote:So redeed bleesed or not?

Yes redeed house deeds are still newbied but should always be carried in your main pack.

Do not put deed in another bag
Do not have one on a red character

In either of these situations the deed will in fact go to your corpse if you die.
If you die while dragging the deed, you lose it.

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Deja vu wrote:
LargePiece wrote:Yeah, I've had a few sneaky bastards trying to kill my alchemist in his two story when he's hard at work making potions. I think it's the windows.
I know earth quake can hit you if you are with in a certain area even inside a house. I was wondering how big a house would have to be to protect you so you could go afk a while with out getting killed.
Sorry to bump an old discussion but is there clear rules that can be followed to avoid death while in your own home? Me and a buddy have a small house and we had until recently been leaving our characters logged in for extended periods of time, only to come back and find them dead. I witnessed one of the slaughters and a PK simply circled the house a few times, cast lightning around the perimeter and roasted everything alive. He's now done this 3 times, we're part of his daily routine. :?

Right now we just plan on buying a bigger house, such as a large brick, but is this big enough?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Earthquake can hit anyone within 8 tiles of the caster. It cannot reduce your HP to 0 however, so it will not kill you unless you're taking some damage intermittently from another source.

Chain Lightning and Meteor Swarm can hit anything on the tile it's targeted or two tiles next to that in each direction. So, for a 7x7 house, which has an interior of 5x5, you're only completely safe from these spells on the exact center tile of the house. The murderer can target the spell onto your wall, which is tile 1, then it will strike anything two more tiles inwards.

Note that in a 7x7 house, a table barrier is typically located on the middle row, so the center table is occupying the spot you'd want to stand on.

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Awesome, thanks for the info! If a player is on the 2nd story of a house, are they still prone to earthquake damage? I'm trying to decide which house I want to upgrade to.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes, raising your Z axis does not prevent you from taking dmg.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Wulver

Post by Wulver »

There is a certain type of flower that prevents placement. I dont remember them ever stopping movement. I will try to post a picture later.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

A very stupid question, I admit, but how does one actually refresh a house? (I've never actually owned one before, ever). I suppose clicking on a house sign will do? Correct? :shock:

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Mulahey wrote:A very stupid question, I admit, but how does one actually refresh a house? (I've never actually owned one before, ever). I suppose clicking on a house sign will do? Correct? :shock:
No .. you must attempt to open the front door

i say attempt, because if it is locked and you try and open it, it will still refresh the house.

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

You forgot the part in the guide where walls act only as decorations.
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Return to “Guides”