Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah, it would have been before the 8th of August by a couple of months.
Doh!
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Doogie Howser MD

Post by Doogie Howser MD »

Does anyone know the decay timelines? Like how long until a house decays when it says "this house is in danger of collapsing" ?

qtip

Post by qtip »

idocs have 36 hours i think from the time they are labeled so.

Deja vu

Post by Deja vu »

how big does a house have to be to make you immune to earthquake meteor swarm?

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah, I've had a few sneaky bastards trying to kill my alchemist in his two story when he's hard at work making potions. I think it's the windows.

Deja vu

Post by Deja vu »

LargePiece wrote:Yeah, I've had a few sneaky bastards trying to kill my alchemist in his two story when he's hard at work making potions. I think it's the windows.
I know earth quake can hit you if you are with in a certain area even inside a house. I was wondering how big a house would have to be to protect you so you could go afk a while with out getting killed.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

I've never actually been killed in my 2 story while macroing, I've just caught people trying to do it. I guess to be totally safe you'd need a keep or castle or something.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

i Can NOT redeed my house with the guildstone in it.. HOW DO I REMOVE /Destroy the guildstone so i can redeed to sell my house to get bigger one ?????

I have tryed the hally axe thing wont work.. i tried to unlock it and ban it .. ? any help would be great thank you
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Slade

Post by Slade »

Just pointing out that house deeds were NOT blessed for most of T2A

I know this because I had many dozens if not HUNDREDS of house deeds which I stole on thieves accross 7 different OSI servers.

Even stole two castle deeds, one of which was stolen back. =/

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Redbeard72 wrote:i Can NOT redeed my house with the guildstone in it.. HOW DO I REMOVE /Destroy the guildstone so i can redeed to sell my house to get bigger one ?????

I have tryed the hally axe thing wont work.. i tried to unlock it and ban it .. ? any help would be great thank you
I had the same problem and had to page Derrick in-game to move the guildstone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Redbeard72 wrote:i Can NOT redeed my house with the guildstone in it.. HOW DO I REMOVE /Destroy the guildstone so i can redeed to sell my house to get bigger one ?????

You can only Move guildstones, not destroy them. If you are friended to another house, you can move it there using the "Move Guildstone" option from the guildmaster menu. If you're really in a bind, we'll move it for you

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Well thank you i had a freind take over guild and move to his hosue he OWN. only onwer can place guildstone maybe something you want to change i dont know i remember it being like this though. ;] thank you for the response got it taken care of...
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

adrielle

Post by adrielle »

Hi.

Built my house OK. I set it up so one of my girlfriend's characters had co-ownership of the house.

Today we decided her crafting character would be a better choice for a co-owner, but when I logged in, the graphical interface on the sign menu for the house was completely different than it was yesterday. There was no add co-owner option, only to view co-owners, and remove co-owners. I removed her other character incase it would only let me have one, but no new options came up. There isn't an option in the 'view co-owner list' for adding a co-owner either.

I've attached a picture of what the 'new' sign menu looks like to me. I'm currently running on 5.0.8.4

Any help, suggestions or comments would be much appreciated, thanks :)
Attachments
Sign menu
Sign menu
housemenu.png (92.41 KiB) Viewed 8043 times

Faust

Post by Faust »

If you take a look at the patch notes today the T2A house gump was put in place along with many others to make it more accurate to the era. The house gump back then did not have co-owners. Derrick said that he may phase out co-owners with this new patch, but I don't know if this is for certain. He will have to declare this one way or another.

The current two options for co-owners were not originally there. I believe Derrick added this for the phase out of co-owners. I am sure he will give a follow up to all this when he gets around to it.

Kyndrith

Post by Kyndrith »

If they remove co-owners my guild most likely will quit. We share everything...removing co owners would make our lives a complete hassle and for what reason? I believe there were co owners during t2a near the end. What is the point of removing co owners? What good would that do in any way shape or form for anyone?

Return to “Guides”