Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Aanallein

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by Aanallein »

oops - wrong thread

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I was wondering if players who are dead (Ghosts) would impede house placement in this particular era? Or on this particular shard rather.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Atrayou

Post by Atrayou »

Earlier in this thread it is stated that we don't have strongboxes because it was unneeded thx to all the house spots. As a new player to the server I've ran around for 3+ hours all over the world looking for a bigger spot than a small house spot and haven't found a one. Every single island in game is stuffed and it seems like all the vets have towers, keeps and castles galore to prevent newer players from placing.

Maybe the idea of strongboxes can be reexamined? I only live with 1 other guildy and even just with 2 of us we are running out of room in a months playing time. God knows i'm not about to give someone 300k+ and just hope they give me a house in return.

JoeyJ

Post by JoeyJ »

So can each account still have 5 houses? That's up to 15 houses for every one person, seems pretty ridiculous if that's still the case...I see a lot of houses with nothing in them, just taking up space that other people can't use...

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

JoeyJ wrote:So can each account still have 5 houses? That's up to 15 houses for every one person, seems pretty ridiculous if that's still the case...I see a lot of houses with nothing in them, just taking up space that other people can't use...
Yes, that is still the case, and no, it is not pretty ridiculous, it is indeed era accurate.

There are plenty of spots for smalls, some even for medium sized houses, and there are large homes for sale all the time for a much less markup than what was the norm in OSI.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

JoeyJ

Post by JoeyJ »

I always thought it was 1 house per account back then? Not sure how you can say 15 houses for every one player isn't ridiculous...the sole purpose is to make it harder for people to find house placements, and artificially drives up the prices of houses for sale.

I'm assuming you can only have 1 house per character though?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

JoeyJ wrote:I'm assuming you can only have 1 house per character though?
Correct. And you can't be coowned to any other house if that character already owns a house.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atrayou

Post by Atrayou »

Sure, it is era accurate to have more then 1 house per account, but we all had to pay for more then 1 account back then. Not to mention it's easy as hell to get more then just 3 accounts if u know how to manipulate your ip. I bet you there is a few players who own way more then 15 houses.

There are a ton of small house spots though and I for one have just resigned to owning a bunch of those for now.

Is this era accurate for placement too? Can i use crates to even the ground out to place a house where it shouldn't fit?

Skrypt

Post by Skrypt »

Atrayou wrote:Sure, it is era accurate to have more then 1 house per account, but we all had to pay for more then 1 account back then. Not to mention it's easy as hell to get more then just 3 accounts if u know how to manipulate your ip. I bet you there is a few players who own way more then 15 houses.

There are a ton of small house spots though and I for one have just resigned to owning a bunch of those for now.

Is this era accurate for placement too? Can i use crates to even the ground out to place a house where it shouldn't fit?
was this ever possible? first time hearing this referenced

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

It's crucial to let new and returning players know that they risk losing the entire house itself if they buy a house from another player and attempt to replace it with a different style house.

The information provided in the original thread is great for helping players keep the things inside the house safer. However it needs to include information that keeps players from losing the entire house itself.

All the information about 'grandfathered' houses needs to be put in. I read every article I could find about house security before I bought a house, and not one of them mentioned this very serious issue. I demolished the house and tried putting another in the exact same spot and got the error message. It was only after I lost the spot that I found a mention of this issue in an article about house placement. Most new and returning players like me would assume a house will fit in the same spot where one already exists.

I realize now the attempt to replace the house should have been made during server wars. There should be something explaining all that put in as well. I can tell you it's very deflating to grind out money for the first house, find one in a location you like, make contact with the owner and make the trade safely only to lose the house to some obscure technicality that is not mentioned in any of these house security articles.

Server admin can not assist with the issue, the money paid over the price of the house can not be recovered. This can be a huge loss to a new or returning player.

Naal

Re: House Placement Rules

Post by Naal »

Derrick wrote: 4) The foundation must rest flatly on a surface. Any bumps around the foundation are not allowed.
Why does it need to be completely flat? All the flat places either have heavy traffic or are in the middle of nowhere.

I think that part of the fun in UO is finding that perfect place for your house, and to not be able to place it because the ground is slightly uneven is so frustrating.

Naal

Post by Naal »

I hate this game :(

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

i remember people used to use books to place houses on uneven terrain, like in ocllo.

Naal

Re: House Placement Rules

Post by Naal »

Derrick wrote: 6) There cannot be any items, creatures, NPC's, players, or corpses within the house area.
Missy B wrote:i remember people used to use books to place houses on uneven terrain, like in ocllo.
Thanks for the idea, i tried it and it looked like it would work but it didn't.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

cuz that doesnt work anymore

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Return to “Guides”