Stealing / Pack horse macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stealing / Pack horse macro

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

also you might want to include...

if system message "master"
Pause 1 second
end current macro. "execute this from your hotkeys then return to your macro submenu"
Else

at the end of your macro so you dont have your packhorse tamed after it deserts your afk butt, you friended to it, and then guardwhacked for stealing from it. It will skip over this portion of your macro until the beast does draw its quarters on you.

PS you dont need a system message to drop the bag and bottles in your horses pack only on a success, just do it at the end of the sequence each time so even with lag it's still readied to be stolen again.

I actually bought some taming to be able to retame the llama or horse each time I came back to it should it have gone all wild on me. Cheaper then buying another one each time. If you do this you can even extend this macro longer so you can retame, have it guard you again after telling it to come to you and resume the first half of your macro...which I am too lazy to type out and you can figure out yourself if you want to get more aquainted with the razor application and if you think it's really worth it to make such a long script.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Tweakin

Post by Tweakin »

i tried stealing bottles from a pack horse last night for a couple hours and didnt gain anything...i've only got 55 stealing(50 real)

is there something you should do it get it beyond that?

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Put a few items in a pouch and steal the pouch. I'm sure someone knows exact weight you can steal at what skill, but just experiment with it a bit. Add an if statement into the macro if you succeed to drop the pouch back into the packhorse. If I remember, 9 stones was the highest you can steal (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm remembering that wrong). I'm guessing 4-6 stones will be the max you can steal at 55.

freakitout

Post by freakitout »

zole wrote:First post, hi all.

Just started on TSA and liking it so far.

The stealing macro im using is:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|33
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1080385650|97|108|0|3701
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080385650|1|3701
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x406506D3|(102, 94, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you successfully
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080385650|1|3701
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x406506D3|(102, 94, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|60
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080516023|1|3854
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x40656072|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|70
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|80
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|90

Which is using bottles and packs. Starting from 50. I haven't tested the bottle dropping at 60/70 etc but assuming it works it works nicely.

If for some reason you end up trying to steal from your pack, (world save, lag w/ever) then it drops the pack back into your packhorse.

For those new to Razor you would have to retarget stuff for your own setup but it's pretty simple and sets you up nicely for going unattended. Because nothings worse than going to bed and waking only to see you've been trying to steal from yourself for 8 hours. Apart from aids.
I'v tried this macro and seems the part with adding bottles with skill gain isn't working at all, because Skill gain messages are not SysMessages but Notifications. I'v also tried to check "Display skill and stat changes" box in Razor (skill tab), still not working, so u have to manually add bottles when skill goes 50, 60, etc.

Also its not clear for me whether you should steal a bag with 5 bottles when "stealing" is between 50-60 or the with 3 bottles (bag weight 2 + 3 bottles = 5 ).

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

freakitout wrote:I'v tried this macro and seems the part with adding bottles with skill gain isn't working at all, because Skill gain messages are not SysMessages but Notifications.
change it in you in game options, set "inform me when my skills improve this much (in tenths) to 1

then it counts as a sysmessage
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

freakitout

Post by freakitout »

nightshark wrote: change it in you in game options, set "inform me when my skills improve this much (in tenths) to 1

This option was already set. The strange thing is - i'v just tried this macro

UseSkill Spirit Speak
If SysMessage "Your skill in" #from the line "Your skill in Spirit Speak has increased by 0.1%."
Say: SUCCES!!!!
End if

and it looks like it triggers from the second try. Gonna investigate now...

... ok i get it:

"Display skill and stat changes" in Skill tab (Razor) should be checked, also one should concern that the text that razor writes in the left corner of the screen differs slightly from what client writes so you actually have to write SysMessage "80,0" intsead of "80.0" (to trigger 80 skill gain, if u just leave "80" its gona be triggered several times from 80,0 up to 80,9). And the last - several times i got SysMess trigger only from the second attempt because of lag or latency or just message arrives slower than Razor reads macro strings, BUT SysMessage (according to what its developer Zippy says over here http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cutti ... ssage.html) looks up not one, but seveal messages that recently apeared, and since in Stealing macro we have 10sec-11sec delay between iterations, its better to use the Stealing macro in some desolate place to avoid SysMessage spam (from other players) that can move "skill gain" message too far up the journal.

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

freakitout wrote:
nightshark wrote: change it in you in game options, set "inform me when my skills improve this much (in tenths) to 1

This option was already set. The strange thing is - i'v just tried this macro

UseSkill Spirit Speak
If SysMessage "Your skill in" #from the line "Your skill in Spirit Speak has increased by 0.1%."
Say: SUCCES!!!!
End if

and it looks like it triggers from the second try. Gonna investigate now...

... ok i get it:

"Display skill and stat changes" in Skill tab (Razor) should be checked, also one should concern that the text that razor writes in the left corner of the screen differs slightly from what client writes so you actually have to write SysMessage "80,0" intsead of "80.0" (to trigger 80 skill gain, if u just leave "80" its gona be triggered several times from 80,0 up to 80,9). And the last - several times i got SysMess trigger only from the second attempt because of lag or latency or just message arrives slower than Razor reads macro strings, BUT SysMessage (according to what its developer Zippy says over here http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cutti ... ssage.html) looks up not one, but seveal messages that recently apeared, and since in Stealing macro we have 10sec-11sec delay between iterations, its better to use the Stealing macro in some desolate place to avoid SysMessage spam (from other players) that can move "skill gain" message too far up the journal.
Trying this but it's not working. Messing around with it to figure it out. Any insight?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Can you do this in your house, or will you not gain there?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I can't endorse a lot of the bad advice given throughout this thread but if you are simply asking Pirul If you can macro stealing from a pack animal in your house, the answer is yes.
Last edited by applejack on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hallytosis

Post by Hallytosis »

applejack wrote:I can't endorse a lot of the bad advice given throughout this thread but if you are simply asking Pirul If you can macro stealing from a pack animal in your house, the answer is yes. Just make sure to park another toon there to "witness" it.

i seem to be gaining just fine at home with no witnesses :/

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Remember, you cannot bank as a criminal...consider your training buddy, your pack animal also your ATM...both in depositing stolen goods as well as recovering items you may need to escape.

Or didn't you think of that? :lol: 8)

*still miffed about the incompetent thing in another thread
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

Im using the macro posted by iamreallysquall however it seems that gains are very slow. Does anyone have a better macro or suggestions?

Im in my house with a pack llama, stealing pouches with bottles in them weighing 5 stones, skill at 41.3. Should the pouches weigh 4 through the 40s or am I correct at 5 stones?

Also, the pouches ghost when they are returned to the pack llama. If I log off and back on they re-appear. I am able to steal them after they ghost however the pouch is now ghosted in my backpack too. Has anyone run into the ghosting issue? To increase weight, I guess I'll need to log off and back in after every 10pts of gain.

Naunet

Post by Naunet »

I started this today. Using many of the fine suggestions offered within this thread. I ended up with the below. Made some minor changes, more so with the delays and in particular moving the main delay after a steal attempt to line 7 as it seemed to me that it saved me missing pickups and getting the message not being in a thieves guild. I have marginal latency but better on the side of caution. I also added the bag top ups when hitting 60, 70, 80 and 90 (though I have since deleted the level 60 one. One thing also I changed the bottle target to Lift by type as it seemed to work better.

So end of the day. I had one pack Llama, one pouch and a dozen empty bottles. At skill level 53 I placed the pouch with 4 bottles inside within the back pack of the Llama. I made the pouch inside the backpack my absolute target. I also seperated the extra bottles into single units and scattered them around my own backpack, thought it be easier in the end than having to seperate one in the macro and failing to a world save or something like that.

I added the extra bits where needed. I began a new recording with me moving the pouch back from my pack to the Llama's pack. I didn't change the lift target Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1084500941|1|3705 leaving it as it was generated.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1084500941|117|106|0|3705
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|successfully
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1084500941|1|3705
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x40A45746|(98, 112, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|3854|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x40A42BCD|(-1, -1, 0)|0

Or/

Use Skill Stealing
Pause .50sec
Wait for Target
Pause .50sec
Absolute Target (the actual pouch/pack within the Llama/Horse's back pack)
Pause 10.50sec
If ( SysMessage "you fail" )
End if
Else
If ( SysMessage "successfully" )
Pause 1.00sec
Lift 1 - 0x40A42BCD (the pouch/backpack that is now in your backpack)
Pause 1.00sec
Drop to 0x40A45746(@(98,112,0)) (anywhere back inside the Llama/Horse's backpack)
End if

If (SysMessage "70" ) (Just copy these 4 lines a few times and change 70 to next skill level eg 80)
Lift empty bottle%s% (0F0E) - 1 (The single empty bottle scattered in my back pack)
Drop to 0x40A42BCD (@(-1, -1, 0 )) (Dropped the bottle into the pouch/backpack within the Llama/Horse's backpack)
End if

Hope people have fun.

Naunet

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Naunet wrote:I started this today. Using many of the fine suggestions offered within this thread. I ended up with the below. Made some minor changes, more so with the delays and in particular moving the main delay after a steal attempt to line 7 as it seemed to me that it saved me missing pickups and getting the message not being in a thieves guild. I have marginal latency but better on the side of caution. I also added the bag top ups when hitting 60, 70, 80 and 90 (though I have since deleted the level 60 one. One thing also I changed the bottle target to Lift by type as it seemed to work better.

So end of the day. I had one pack Llama, one pouch and a dozen empty bottles. At skill level 53 I placed the pouch with 4 bottles inside within the back pack of the Llama. I made the pouch inside the backpack my absolute target. I also seperated the extra bottles into single units and scattered them around my own backpack, thought it be easier in the end than having to seperate one in the macro and failing to a world save or something like that.

I added the extra bits where needed. I began a new recording with me moving the pouch back from my pack to the Llama's pack. I didn't change the lift target Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1084500941|1|3705 leaving it as it was generated.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1084500941|117|106|0|3705
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|successfully
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1084500941|1|3705
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x40A45746|(98, 112, 0)|0

Or/

Use Skill Stealing
Pause .50sec
Wait for Target
Pause .50sec
Absolute Target (the actual pouch/pack within the Llama/Horse's back pack)
Pause 10.50sec
If ( SysMessage "you fail" )
End if
Else
If ( SysMessage "successfully" )
Pause 1.00sec
Lift 1 - 0x40A42BCD (the pouch/backpack that is now in your backpack)
Pause 1.00sec
Drop to 0x40A45746(@(98,112,0)) (anywhere back inside the Llama/Horse's backpack)
End if

If (SysMessage "70" ) (Just copy these 4 lines a few times and change 70 to next skill level eg 80)
Lift empty bottle%s% (0F0E) - 1 (The single empty bottle scattered in my back pack)
Drop to 0x40A42BCD (@(-1, -1, 0 )) (Dropped the bottle into the pouch/backpack within the Llama/Horse's backpack)
End if

Hope people have fun.

Naunet
nice macro mine was the simple version at the time but the above is very nice have used a similar macro before i have gmed stealing quite a few times here you could either remove that first wait for target or the pause after it and just right click "wait for target" and edit the time out guessing you have the skill delay at 10.50 due to latency i am very close to the server get like 20 ping or so
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Naunet

Post by Naunet »

Ya I live in Australia so have about 200-300ms here.. Never hurts to put a small pause in instead of having the macro sitting for 30 sec at "wait on target", and thinking now I should have mentioned my reasoning for the extra 0.5 sec I placed.

Still, it takes a while. Just wish I wasnt so exposed in public areas :)

Thanks for the feedback