GMing Tailoring?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Safari

GMing Tailoring?

Post by Safari »

I am new to the shard. Someone told me that making oil cloth is not available on this shard. If true, what do you make after Robes (at 53.9) to finish GMing?

This is what I have been used to but not sure it works on tSA...

Tailoring:
35-40k total cloth (with recycling).
500 or so leather

Name - Resources - Skill Level Needed
Fancy Shirt - 8 Cloth - 24.8
Short Pants - x Cloth - 29
Fancy Dress - 12 Cloth - 33.1
Cloak - 14 Cloth - 41.4
Robe - 16 Cloth - 53.9
Oil Cloth - 1 Cloth - 74.6 *?
Studded Tunics - 14 Hides - 94* (or gorgets)

Ty for any help on this! :)

- Safari

poogoblin

Re: GMing Tailoring?

Post by poogoblin »

I'd be interested in a guide like this also...the t2a wiki seems unfinished and incorrect on some of them. Fancy Dress starts at 12? Plain Dress at 32ish?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There arent any oil clothed in T2A.

I did...

Fancy Shirts
Cloaks
Robes
Leather Gorgets
StudLeather Gorgets

Thats all, just check the T2A wiki to determine the minimum skill required to make each item and once you get to about 1.0 above that start making the next item on the list.

It took 20,000 cloth and about 35,000 leather I believe.

Safari

Post by Safari »

poogoblin wrote:I'd be interested in a guide like this also...the t2a wiki seems unfinished and incorrect on some of them. Fancy Dress starts at 12? Plain Dress at 32ish?
No
This would mean Fancy Dress takes 12 cloth and starts at 33.1.

Safari

Post by Safari »

MatronDeWinter wrote:There arent any oil clothed in T2A.

I did...

Fancy Shirts
Cloaks
Robes
Leather Gorgets
StudLeather Gorgets

Thats all, just check the T2A wiki to determine the minimum skill required to make each item and once you get to about 1.0 above that start making the next item on the list.

It took 20,000 cloth and about 35,000 leather I believe.
TY!

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Safari wrote:
poogoblin wrote:I'd be interested in a guide like this also...the t2a wiki seems unfinished and incorrect on some of them. Fancy Dress starts at 12? Plain Dress at 32ish?
No
This would mean Fancy Dress takes 12 cloth and starts at 33.1.

No no I understand, it actually had fancy dress at 13.7-12.8 and a plain dress at 33.1...

Anyone can edit though so I just switched it

Also tyvm matron

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

I am hitting Tailoring now.

Is this guide up to date?

I was gaining well on fancy dresses way past when it suggests switching to cloaks. I'm recycling cloth and 2000 cloth lasts a looong time!

Had a hitch at 52.0 base but going again now.

Edit: Robes have stopped gaining at 78.9 (76.9 Base)

Edit: I switched to studded gorgets at that point and I note that it is mentioned that you can GM on them, however my gains had all but ground to a halt at 95.0 (but still small gains) so I changed to studded gloves. The guide here says arms or chest, but frankly that's a lot of leather and as I had my son & daughter both out killing bulls/toads/cows/great harts for my leather (and they GM'd swords & tactics very quickly off giant toads and bulls by the way!) I didn't want to push someone else too much into gathering for me.

Note I didn't buy any leather and I recycled it all like I did with the cloth. It was not too painful. I did gather a lot of leather myself as well but as my only swords toon is also a GM mage my dex at only 25 made it fairly slow. My son's toon is pure dexxer and minces through great harts and cows at a fast rate. I didn't count the leather at all but with recycling and making items that were not too hard, the low failure rate meant that leather consumption was as low as possible and I feel that I have GMd it pretty quickly with the minimum leather.

The last 1.0 was quite tedious though but I think that the last 5.0 used about 6-7k leather because I know what I had in my restock box yesterday and now it's all gone.

I will post my macros for anyone interested in the recycling method. I wanted to do it as quickly as possible wit the least intervention from me and I don't need gold so this was the best way for me to GM it.

There are two macros. One makes the item, the other recycles it, and they call each other as necessary. You need to set up counters for what you are making and for leather (or cloth for earlier on). I named them "Leather" for the sheets of leather, and Gorget for the leather gorget and the same for the studded gorget and "gloves" for the studded gloves. I expect you have to watch out for the first letter capitalisation. These macros are configured for studded gloves currently as that was what I finished on but you should just be able to change the item name. You also need to set up the "stop macro" hotkey I think although I have not tried without it. The macro stops when you reach 100.0 skill or whenever you have almost run out of leather. It stops before you run out so you don't have to retarget the leather, just refill your resource box and start the macro again. You will also need to set up a restock agent to load 200 leather and in the recycle macro you need to retarget the resource container. When you first start the macro you will need to retarget the pile of leather in your pack but as long as it doesn't run dry you shouldn't have to do this again. Note that in UO when you take a quantity of leather (or anything) off a stack, the ID of that stack goes with the pile you are dragging. So you could take the stack out of your pack and put it away for use tomorrow for example, but it's no hassle to retarget the leather each day if you needed to. You also need to retarget the item type you are recycling whenever you change the item type you are making.

Anyway here it comes. If you can't figure out how to change it to gorgets for example then ask me and I will change it for you.

You could add an if{} statement to check for running out of sewing kits and tinker some new ones but I didn't bother with that. I just made 30 or more at a time and put them in a bag in my inventory and they lasted ages. At least all night.

Good luck! And thanks for the guide that I am supplementing. It's made this very easy.

Make studded gloves macro:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3997|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1083148955|110|86|0|4225
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|3|5078|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|2|5078|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08.2500000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|100.0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|not found
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Tailoring\RecycleGlove
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|20|gloves
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|18|Leather
Recycle studded gloves macro:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3999|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5078
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.7500000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|20|Leather
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-5
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075928337|1213|758|7|3710
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|7|Leather
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|0|Gorget
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Tailoring\StuddedGorget

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Return to “Guides”