Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
kataran

Re: Guide : Macroing Magery - Some Helpful Hints

Post by kataran »

Just wanted to throw up the macro I'm using - very similar to XaN's, but I found with low meditation (starting off - bought to 30ish), it can fail a lot. So I put in a conditional to check if the skill fails or not; if it succeeds, it waits until Mana >= some value (44 in my case); if it fails, it waits 10 seconds, and runs through the macro again, attempting Meditation if it's valid.

So I'll post both the code as shown in Razor, and from my .Macro file if you want to make the process a little easier on yourself (you can copy / paste into a text file, save it as a .MACRO file in your Razor Macros directory).

Note: Spacing is added for clarification purposes; sadly, as far as I can tell, you can't add spacing into the macro itself.

Code: Select all

If ( Hits >= 50 )
  If ( Mana >= 12 )
    CastSpell Lightning (#30)
    Wait for Target
    Exec: Target Self
    Pause 2.00sec
  Else
    UseSkill Meditation
    If ( SysMessage "you enter" )
      Wait for Mana >= 44
    Else
      Pause 10.00sec
    EndIf
  EndIf
Else
  Double Click (clean bandage%s% (0E21)
  Wait for Target
  Pause 17.00sec
EndIf

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|50
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|12
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|30
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you enter
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|44|3600
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:17
Hope it helps somebody :)
-kat

Edit - After watching the script a bit, the 'SysMessage' seems a bit wonky... so I went with Redbeard's idea, and just put a pause after Meditation. Seems inefficient, but better than sitting and waiting until you naturally regen full mana :?

Lord Bleyz

Post by Lord Bleyz »

kataran wrote:
Edit - After watching the script a bit, the 'SysMessage' seems a bit wonky... so I went with Redbeard's idea, and just put a pause after Meditation. Seems inefficient, but better than sitting and waiting until you naturally regen full mana :?
When I started playing with Razor's SysMessage I noticed this as well. The solution came to me to put in a half second delay before each If statement that included a SysMessage read. This allows the server time to post the message. Hope this helps.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

If ( Hits >= 50 )
  If ( Mana >= 12 )
    Wait for Target
    Pause 2.00sec
  Else
    UseSkill Meditation
    If ( SysMessage "you enter" )
      Wait for Mana >= 44
    Else
      Pause 10.00sec
    EndIf
  EndIf
Else
  Double Click (clean bandage%s% (0E21)
  Wait for Target
  Pause 17.00sec
EndIf
Isn't having a "If mana >= 44" and "If mana >= 12" redundant?
You wouldn't start the macro with less then 12 mana to begin with and you are definetaly going to have it with every iteration after because the >=44 is in there.

How about

If (Hits <= 50 )
  Use Bandage 
  Pause .5 seconds
  Target Self
  Pause 17.0 seconds
Else
If Mana ( <= 15)
  Use skill Meditation
  Wait for Mana >=55
Else
  pause .5 seconds
  Pause 1.00sec
I find you get less hang ups with .5 second pauses then you do with wait for targets. But with this code the only thing that might hang up on you is missing a meditation skill check. and you can fix that by editing your timeout clock before you start your macro.

chall17

Post by chall17 »

this guide worked well for gaining magery. I hit 100 magery in no time but resist is soooo sloooowww. how long did it take you guys to get from 90-100? ive been macroing for about 32 hours straight give or take server crashes and what not. just wondered how long its gonna take. im currently at 93.2

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

chall17 wrote:this guide worked well for gaining magery. I hit 100 magery in no time but resist is soooo sloooowww. how long did it take you guys to get from 90-100? ive been macroing for about 32 hours straight give or take server crashes and what not. just wondered how long its gonna take. im currently at 93.2
I think you are looking at about 5000-8000 casts of FS from here to gm. I have done it twice but its been a while. You can probably do it in 2 days and a night of afk macroing.

Akells

Post by Akells »

I'm using a pretty simplistic razor macro I've recorded to ebolt one of my characters while another heals them. I'm getting good gains and am content with how I've set this macro up, but I have a question regarding Razor macros:

Is there any way I can edit my Razor magery macro so that I can put a conditional in there, I want it to try and cast again if I fizzle instead of moving on to the rest of the macro and unncessarily pausing for meditation.

I'm soon to be moving into the flamestrike phase of magery gain and want to increase efficiency as much as possible. My macro looks like this:
CastSpell Energy Bolt
Wait for Targ
Absolute Targ
Useskill Med
Pause

Creager

Post by Creager »

Here is precisely how many of each reagent it took for me to get from 50.0 to 100 magery.

50.0 - 62.9 ----- 0666 Lightning regs
63.0 - 81.9 ----- 1720 Ebolt regs
81.9 - 100 ------ 4524 Flamestrike regs
Last edited by Creager on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

i'm using a macro that looks like this:

Pause: Mana >= 50
Restock Agent - 1
Wait for target
Target Self
Pause: .7secs
Cast Spell: Lightning
Wait for Target
Target Self
Pause .25sec
IF Mana <= 50
Useskill: Meditation
End IF
Pause .5sec
IF SysMessage = "Focus"
Pause 10secs
End IF

when i loop back up to wait for mana from the last If (the one used if i fail first med attempt) it will break my meditative state... any ideas on why this is happening?

Creager

Post by Creager »

Jdq5001 wrote:when i loop back up to wait for mana from the last If (the one used if i fail first med attempt) it will break my meditative state... any ideas on why this is happening?
With the current damage-delays, the damage from the proceeding ebolt doesn’t occur until a second after the macro calls TargetSelf. By the time the damage occurs the macro has already called meditation, effectively interrupting it. There needs to be at least a one second delay after the TargetSelf.

Hope that helps!
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

thx fixed it right up! this has doubled my reagent consumption (also the gains) appreciate it!

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

just gm'd magery using this method. Started it on friday, running only at night! Also, my resist is at 94.7!!! Much thanks!

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

herme_pacho

Post by herme_pacho »

the macro works great! ,but i have a problem, i started with 50 magery and 26.2 resist using ligthning , now i have 56.2 magery but resist is still in 26.2 ,nothing changed ,am I doing something wrong?

thank you

John

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Skippy wrote:
Derrick wrote:Edit: As of Patch 55 you may no longer gain resist by casting on yourself in town
First off, Here are some questions that need to be answered.

Q) Are you raising resist with your magery?

The importance of this question is really about how quickly you want to GM magery, while it is completely possible to GM magery and never cast an 8th level spell (Which is what you would do if you are raising Resist at the same time) Casting 8th Level spells will speed up the gains of Magery. Personally, I raise resist at the same time I'm doing magery. So, here is how i do it.

Q) What spells should I cast?

From skill level 50-62.9: Cast Lightnening targeting your self.
From Skill Level 63.0-82.9: Cast Energy Bolt Targeting Your Self.
From Skill Level 82.9-100: Cast Flame Strike Targeting Your Self.

By using these spells, You should be at roughly 90-92 Resist, by the time you GM Magery.

Q) How do I Negate the damage that is caused by these offensive spells?

Easily, Macro in town, right next to a bank!

Q) How do I avoid Thieves in town though? I don't want my hard earned Regs to be stolen, will i afk-Macro!

This is slightly more difficult, as it requires you to set up a restock agent inside of Razor.

First, let's start off by logging in your character, and getting Razor running. After that, go to a bank, and open up your bank. Place all of your regs in the "Bank" container, not inside any bags inside your bank. Now, Open up Razor, and go to the agents tab. In the drop down menu, Select "Restock Agent - 1". Now, we need to add the items that we want on the restock list. So click on the "Add Item" button, then inside of UO, a targeting cursor will come up. Select the item. This will open up a popup from Razor, asking you for Count:. You are going to enter "1" as the count for each item.

Once you have added all the regs required for the spell onto the restock agent list, Go to the "Hotkeys" tab. Inside the Agents section of the Hotkey's Tab, Bind a key to use "Restock Agent-1".

Now to creation of the Macro itself. (See Razor Guide on Creating Macros)

Personally, This is my macro:

Pause: Mana >= 50
Restock Agent - 1
Wait for target
Target Self
Pause: .7secs
Cast Spell: Flamestrike
Wait for Target
Target Self
IF Mana <= 50
End IF
IF SysMessage = "Focus" (From Cannot focus your concentration)
Pause 10secs
End IF

Hope this helps.

Edit: Updated Skill Gains List
Are the values listed the show real values? cause you can be at 62.9 imagery but using show real will put you more at 60.

Creager

Post by Creager »

^^^ damn. too much to read. Probably some good info if i read it.

herme_pacho, i started with 30 resist (bought from NPC) and 50 magery (starting skill) and was still around ~90 resist by the time i GM'd magery. Make sure the resist skill isnt locked, or the skill cap isnt at 700!

The only thing I found to really be concerned about is EVAL. I noticed if i GM'd eval before magery/resist, then my resist gains were much slower. If i kept resist below 90, resist gains correlate to magery gains. I've gmed 6 mages in the past three weeks.

Good luck.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Serpent!

Post by Serpent! »

To get those razor macros posted before working properly PAUSE needs to be added before the IF sysmsg "".

Return to “Guides”