Guide : Cartography

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Purge

Guide : Cartography

Post by Purge »

Maps, 5g a piece sell back to vendor for 2-3 depending on stock/what map.

50-62 city maps
62-68 sea maps
68-99.5 world maps
99.5 - GM lvl 3-5 Tmaps!

I used around 20k gold to get to 99 on mine, I didn't sell back very many. Took a good 15 hours of macroing.

This skill can be used while hidden. (bug? maybe? hope not... :lol:)

a Red Eminem

Re: Guide : Cartography

Post by a Red Eminem »

I am looking to making a T-Hunter char. I am wondering what skills to use for him.

I have created a bard for my first char. and i was thinking of making him part T-Hunter with the skills as follows:

-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Magery
-Resist
-Meditation
-Lock Picking
-Cartography

*also with a little mining bcause i read somewhere it helps.

I also wanted to know once you GM cartography do you make T-Maps one at a time then go hunt for them, or can you make multiple maps and save them for later?

I haven't ever made a Treasure Hunter before and thought it would be fun to do.

a Red Eminem
a Red Eminem

Imp

Post by Imp »

You can not "make" treasure maps.
Treasure maps come as monster loot.

Purge

Post by Purge »

a Red Eminem wrote:I am looking to making a T-Hunter char. I am wondering what skills to use for him.

I have created a bard for my first char. and i was thinking of making him part T-Hunter with the skills as follows:

-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Magery
-Resist
-Meditation
-Lock Picking
-Cartography

I also wanted to know once you GM cartography do you make T-Maps one at a time then go hunt for them, or can you make multiple maps and save them for later?

a Red Eminem
Pretty much the same as my temp except I opted for hiding over resist... EV's and provo work fine for me

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

a Red Eminem wrote:I am looking to making a T-Hunter char. I am wondering what skills to use for him.

-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Magery
-Resist
-Meditation
-Lock Picking
-Cartography

a Red Eminem
That is the template I used on OSI and also here on Second Age. Its been great so far. The main reason I have resist is because I raised it with magery and so far I like it. Helps with gank evasion....if only I could work in more wrestling...

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

I was under the impression that detect hidden was required on L4s or L5s.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Lajon wrote:

-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Magery
-Resist
-Meditation
-Lock Picking
-Cartography

a Red Eminem
That is the template I used on OSI and also here on Second Age. Its been great so far. The main reason I have resist is because I raised it with magery and so far I like it. Helps with gank evasion....if only I could work in more wrestling...
I also use the same template and it has worked great. Level 5s are a little rough because of daemons getting mass dispelled, but its not too bad and not much you can do about that unless you have a tamer.

As for cartography, I made world maps all the way from 50-99.5, but I didn't keep track of how much gold it cost me.

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

What exactly are EV's? I cannot remember what that stood for. I was wondering also about the detect hidden skill being needed for lvl 5 T-Maps.

When you guys for hunt for treasure, do you go in a group, or is this something your able to do on your own?

a Red Eminem
a Red Eminem

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

EV=Energy Vortex

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Detect hidden is needed if you use remove trap.

Not sure how the t maps work here as I havent done any yet,Ill let you know in a couple days as Im working my last skill,cartography,right now...

I have a remove trap t hunter,no magery.

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

Does anyone else have a different template for a Treasure Hunter?

Give some ideas on a Treasure Hunter template that you think would be good.
a Red Eminem

elsternj

Post by elsternj »

i was thinking about using your same template but keeping eval instead of resist? thoughts?

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

Your going to need Resist, You wont need eval, because your main fighting skill isint magery, it's provoke.
a Red Eminem

elsternj

Post by elsternj »

do you get off better heals and cures with more eval though? or is it strictly for increase in damage? i have eval and resist on my bard now i was going to drop 1 of those and wrestling for carto and lockpicking.

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

I'm not sure about the heals, so I wont answer that, but if your going to have a bard/t-hunter like me, I think my template is the best to go with. I have as follows:

-Magery
-Meditation
-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Resist
-Cartography
-Lockpicking

I sometimes wonder if I'd of had cartography on another character then replace it with hiding, because sometimes you die, and are left with no regs, so you better have a newbie instrument to provoke the remaining monsters, or hiding.
a Red Eminem