Resisting Spells by Hiring Mages

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Resisting Spells by Hiring Mages

Post by SirEricKain »

What exactly happens when they mass curse each other?
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

SirEricKain wrote:What exactly happens when they mass curse each other?
Then they fight eachother to the death.

I think the best idea would to get tame imps and use the guard-zone trick.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
SirEricKain wrote:What exactly happens when they mass curse each other?
Then they fight eachother to the death.

I think the best idea would to get tame imps and use the guard-zone trick.
I've found that any mobs capable of casting 7th circle are now mass cursing. I don't know if they always did, but I only noticed it recently. I don't know if Imps do for certain either, but I've definitely been mass cursed by balrons, lich lords and NPC mages. I'm assuming any creature capable of level 7 spells are mass cursing now.. which would extend to imps if they are capable (pretty sure they are).

Shouldn't it be irrelevant anyway, if you put distance between you and the creatures? It makes no sense that a WW would cast mass curse on it's own tile (targetself), surely it should be attempting to mass curse it's target?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

resist is overrated anyways, i just run ;)
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

Elnono wrote:For the new comers. What are WWs ?

white wyrms

found in the dungeon Ice

Skully

Post by Skully »

we used to cast deamons and have them cast on you from land while we were on a boat with a few healers, does this method still work?

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

The white wyrm trick does work and if you do it right they will not mass curse. They have never mass cursed on me. I think the important thing is distance. Stand at their max casting range. Remember you are the target so a mass curse would target other people around you. As long as your white wyrms are not around you they wont be hit. The only close calls I have had is when a stupid little bunny or bird randomly walks close the boat and could possible trigger a mass curse close enough to the white wyrms.

I do this with about 30 white wyrms. It will get your resist up to 85 easily. It slows down considerably but getting to 90 is not un reasonable. Since you cant really do this AFK I would not advise anyone to try GMing themselves using this method.

What you should do is train your resist up to the 80's using this method in a few hours and finish it off while you GM magery in your house.

Its pretty awesome seeing 20-30 flame strikes drop on you at a single time. Remember to let them meditate. You can also get really fancy and use multiple boats or a single rotating boat to give them a chance to meditate.

Remember you will need foot stools for white wyrms.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Can't remember how long it took me now, I think I went from around 89-92 resist in the space of about an hour with the WW trick. It was terribly boring, I'd rather just macro flamestrike on myself.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Using 40 White wyrms and 2 ships, I was able to go from 55 to 94.5 resist in less than 8 hours of pretty consistent dumping. Basically my macro was setup to move the ship back 2 tiles for 45 seconds, and forward 2 tiles for 120 seconds. I found this kept the WWs agro'd on the target while they regained their mana to continue doing powerdumps.

1 Target
1 Bandage Healer
1 Greater Healer on a timed rotation (GHealer is necessary due to poison spell causing bandage healing to not always recover damage)

Using NPC training, firefields, and a boat of wyrms, going from 0-94.5 resist took less than 10 hours to accomplish. I may see how much luck I have with another 2hr session to see if its worth the time, or if straight flamestrikes would be better at this point.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Please keep us posted.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

started a new toon, in 5 hrs went from 0 to 97 resist

# of WW used- about 100
this can be done with the guard zone or even without. Either way you usually instantly die when they all cast even if you're in guard zone =)

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

It must be nice to have a tamer who has that many wyrms. One of you should help the orcs gain resist with your wyrms :-p
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

hohoho I agree with Ronk! Come on you ummies know you love fighting us :D

Panjialang

Post by Panjialang »

where on sosaria are we supposed to find 30+ mages? all the mages i ask just say "hello" or something like that; they don't seem to be able to be hired. ive found one mage so far that can be hired in magencia. plz dont say Wind because i cant go there.

Panjialang

Post by Panjialang »

bump