Resisting Spells by Hiring Mages

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Caps Lock

Resisting Spells by Hiring Mages

Post by Caps Lock »

Hello there.

I saw a topic based around raising resist up to mid 90's by hiring mages from Wind and letting them cast on you. I cannot however completely understand how to do this, and my computer isn't allowing to me watch the razor video that accompanied the post, and as such would hugely appreciate a definitive guide on how to properly use NPC mages to raise Resisting Spells.

Thanks in advance.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Resisting Spells by Hiring Mages

Post by Caswallon »

Basically its like this:

1. Get 10+ mages.
2. Mark a rune just outside off guard zone, north end of the the main Jhelom island is good for this.
3. Surround tile you have marked with 4 boxes so the tile is blocked off.
4. Open gate using the new rune, go through it, all the mages should stack on a single tile, now tele out of the square.
5. Stand just inside guardzone, tell them to all kill, then try and stay healed/cured[use a toon with healing for this.

Might need some slight changes as i dont think all kill will work like it does in the video any more.
?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

o
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

No, the more the better because your being cast on 10x more, therefore your gaining 10x quicker. The video has 13, and your only taking 1 damage per spell because your in town. If it gets hairy just step back a few tiles and heal. Good way to gain healing on a 2nd charecter aswell.

This technique is about power gaming resist quickly, using 3 mages would not meet that goal.
?

Caps Lock

Post by Caps Lock »

Thanks a lot for the advice, was very helpful and will try it soon.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

p
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

True, i kinda assumed that most people would have minimum 50 resisit to start with however.
?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

U
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Oh geez,
Your resist level does not matter, your in town! Each spell will only do 1 damage, the only reason you need a healer is to cure the poison. Use 30+ mages or don't waste your time, set them up in 3 lots of 10 cycling each group out to give other time to meditate. One healer is PLENTY.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

See. I think archaic just has to argue every single point made on the forums.
?

Caps Lock

Post by Caps Lock »

How do you cycle them out? I've never done this before.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Caps Lock wrote:How do you cycle them out? I've never done this before.
Have 3 groups of 10+ trapped mages (more the better). Create a macro do address each individual in a group by name and have them attack you. Set this so you have 3 seperate macros, one for each group. Have group 1 attack you, once they stop casting decent spells have them "All stop" and run the macro for the next group. The first group will be passive-meditating while they wait, when you get back around to them they will start using higher-level spells again.

Alternatively, you can toss a lesser explode at a group to trigger the attack, however you need to be sure they are attackable to you (all guard me) and there are no bystanders. If there were bystanders, I am sure they would have already removed your boxes and got you killed though, so do this somewhere nobody goes, I'm not even going to suggest a location.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Make sure you do this in a place that is in town but far away from the normal path of travelers, otherwise a person like myself will be tempted to retrieve the free crates that have been left on the ground. And possibly loot you if the mages run up and rape you.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Boats/Guardzone/and you need several healers. 30 sec. stay. 70 sec away.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Oh geez,
Your resist level does not matter, your in town! Each spell will only do 1 damage, the only reason you need a healer is to cure the poison. Use 30+ mages or don't waste your time, set them up in 3 lots of 10 cycling each group out to give other time to meditate. One healer is PLENTY.
If you are in town check how fast skill gains....Hello? Going that route I say just hire a couple and find a house. Do you know how many FS you have to cast to GM resist in town lol
I am going to go beyond thousands on this one. This practice is better for training npc mages before a fight then it is gaining resist imo.
You'd spend about the same to GM magery on an alt casting on you to gain resist as you would trying to gain resist in town with a horde of npcs 103 gp per mage a day adds up . Might as well make it profitable unless of course you want a bunch of high level npc mages to hunt with which I am totally for. So fire away.
Keep in mind that 10 mages a day would run you about 1030 gp which would be a very good penny bank to anyone who wants to cast an ev inside the penned area for quick cash and would want to encourage this "trick" for such purpose.
It takes several thousand flamestrikes to Gm resist, but you arent going to do it by casting on yourself in town. 1030gp a day is extremely efficient considering the 100k you would be spending on regs. I see what your getting at about having an alt, who is training magery cast on you, and that makes perfect sense, in a house, outside of town. Really, consider what your posting before you add your two-cents, I'm not trying to be rude here but I'v seen you post some horribly false information when new players ask for advice.

I believe Hiram stated it best in IRC....
[11:22]<Hiram|macbook> If you dont know the answer, dont answer.