Fishing and Treasure maps?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Elwood

Fishing and Treasure maps?

Post by Elwood »

How rare are treasure map sea serpents when fishing deep water?
I just got to 90 fishing earlier today, since then I've caught about 15 sea serpents but none with a treasure map.
Also does the quality of the fishing pole matter for anything (skill gains or success on serpents) ?
a NPC or Newbie pole vs an Exceptional crafted fishing pole? i know at one point in OSI it started to but don't remember when.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fishing and Treasure maps?

Post by Rammar »

Maps (and MIBs) appear directly in your pack here, not on sea serpents. You'll actually get fewer spawn the higher your skill.

I believe the required skill is also 90.1 real, not shown, to fish tmaps. So you may have been slightly under still. At GM, you'll get approximately one an hour... not sure how that scales down, but it might take a while to get your first.

The type of fishing pole doesn't matter. I just use a newbie one. (Don't think they can even be made exceptional here.)

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Yeah i finally got my first map around 93 (real) fishing or so
definitely takes a while

Daffy Duck

Post by Daffy Duck »

At GM ive found a full night gets me 3 treasure maps and 3 MIBs if im on a good run its not a massive money maker but you can get lucky on the hauls from MIBs.

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

There was a patch back in 99 that increased the chance of MiBs slightly anyone know if this ever got applied?
"Fishing: The chance of pulling up messages in bottles will be increased somewhat. "

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onli ... 05/25/1999

was just a thought, i remember them getting a bit more often then a night of fishing only getting 3 and that being a good run

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I actually pulled up 2 mibs from the same spot the other day. Pulled one up then like 5 fish then another mib. I was like sweeeeet.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

I started with one fisherman, and would get about 1-3 MIBs every 2 hours. I then got bored trying to get mibs with just one char and throw fishing on two scrap chars. I now get about 5 or more a hour using 3 chars.

I don't do my fishing afk so using one char isn't worth the hours of keeping watch and anyone wanting mibs should do the same if you have room for the chars.

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

yeah i'm already starting another fisher to help, i still only have a couple of chars so easy enough to do lol

blister

Post by blister »

I just found out that fishing doesn't work as I remember it.. not from OSI but from other free shards.

ATM I have 3 fishers with fishing up to 93. It's the only skill they have so I have a lot of troubles with sea serpents which happen to pop every 5 min max.

I saw some post talking about peacemakers for fishing and then the usual archer.

So the question is which one should I go for?

first thing first, do you have to kill the serps to get the SOS? If so this answer the question about archery vs peace maker.

Someone give me a hint please :)

Thanks!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The mibs dont come from the serps here. You just fish them up like a fish.

Personally I have magery on my fisher.

Mistress Pudenda

Post by Mistress Pudenda »

blister wrote:I just found out that fishing doesn't work as I remember it.. not from OSI but from other free shards.

ATM I have 3 fishers with fishing up to 93. It's the only skill they have so I have a lot of troubles with sea serpents which happen to pop every 5 min max.

I saw some post talking about peacemakers for fishing and then the usual archer.

So the question is which one should I go for?

first thing first, do you have to kill the serps to get the SOS? If so this answer the question about archery vs peace maker.

Someone give me a hint please :)

Thanks!
My fisher has peacemaking and the biggest problem he has is dolphins. :D

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Mistress Pudenda wrote:
My fisher has peacemaking and the biggest problem he has is dolphins. :D
Ugh those dolphins!! I swear they swim in front of my boat on purpose so I just launch a couple arrows at them whenever I see them, they are learning and starting to run away now. Muhaha

blister

Post by blister »

Perfect thanks a lot!

I'm working on peacemaking on my fishers :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Awe why you kill the cute little dolphins? They don't hurt nobody. I talk to them when im fishing.

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Zippy wrote:Awe why you kill the cute little dolphins? They don't hurt nobody. I talk to them when I'm fishing.
Cause they keep trying to crash my boat! or trap me with like 2 deep sea serpents, buggin things...

Anyways has anyone been using their fisher last day or two?
I've prolly fished about 7+ hours over last two days in that time I've only gotten one MiB and Two Tmaps one of which got while typing this.

Has anyone else noticed a massive drop and rates? or is it just me having some fisherman's bad luck? (if so maybe i really should stop killing those dolphins....)