t-hunter build

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
YouthBuild

t-hunter build

Post by YouthBuild »

I'm looking for someone to tell me what they think because I'm in the process of making one but right now I'm looking at the following:

100 magery
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
100 provocation
100 musicianship

so I'm wondering is that a bad build? I know cartography and lockpicking is gonna take forever to GM but how should i spread out the other 200 points?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: t-hunter build

Post by Chaos »

i think you'll need mining .. and maybe some hiding ?? or even cart if your not do on another char

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

This post has been deleted...
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

100 magery
100 eval int/magic resist
100 meditation
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
100 music
100 provocation

Resist or eval int, its up to you. I'd normally pick resist over eval due to pk presence and caster mobs, but I'm not expecting too many pks during thunts, and I can survive pvm without it, so I went eval on my thunter instead to help finish off any mobs left from provoking.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

you didn't need mining? because i thought you dug up treasure chests

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

No mining needed, unless you're doing it without a rune library.

Step 1: Goto http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparch ... ive1.shtml and find your map location and number
Step 2: Goto a tmap rune library (Roadkill, $$$, Vesper) and find the rune number
Step 3: Recall to the spot and dig (normally the location is directly underneath where u recalled to, if not, it'll be in the surrounding 9 tiles (usually north or west of where you're standing.)

Alternatively, you can use the given coordinates from the uo treasure map website, then enter them into UOAutomap and get the location that way. I normally use both UOAutomap and a t-library to dig up the chest.

Mining is if you plan on just doing it the old fashioned way, because it gives u a larger dig circumference, but it is not needed with UOAutomap.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

ahhh ok, another question, what about remove trap, i know the t-chests also are trapped, how will i handle that? or is it not strong enough to kill me

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Take four steps away from it, cast telekinesis on it. If you are too close, you'll take damage and/or possibly die depending on the level of the chest.

Same principle applies on player trapped chests.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

alright thanks hiicha, i think i'm gonna follow your build and do magic resist

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

You could do what i have done on my T-hunter im currently working on. Ive split the 300 point left over after Music/Prov/Lockpick/Carto between Magery/Eval/Med/Resist like so:

GM Magery
70 Med
65 Resist
65 Eval

After looking at the resist calculator, i came to the conclusion that the diffrence between these values set up like this, VS 3x GM Magery/Resist/Eval is negligable at least as far as PvM is concerned. Tested it on TC and its a nice balance, i can deal damage, take damage and passive gain at decent rates and i can take the charecter out dungeon provoking aswell without being either hopelessly open to magic attack, lacking spell damage or having poor passive med rate.

If you dont want to use EV's or other 8th circle magic that often you could even drop 10 point of magery and go for a nice 90/70/70/70. But i like EVs and summons so :P.

Edit: Oh and it saves times and money GMing resist!
?

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Honestly all you really need to be a successful T-Hunter is...

GM Carto
GM Lockpicking
GM Music
GM Provoke
GM Magery

I like to throw on GM Item ID and GM Inscription just because Item ID is useful and Inscription is a good cash cow.

Lor

Post by Lor »

I added Hiding and Meditation. It works out pretty well for me. Sometimes I wish I had resist or eval, but it's not a huge deal. I can do a level 4/5 myself. I die sometimes with 5's but I finish it so...no biggie :)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Thesbus wrote:Honestly all you really need to be a successful T-Hunter is...

GM Carto
GM Lockpicking
GM Music
GM Provoke
GM Magery

I like to throw on GM Item ID and GM Inscription just because Item ID is useful and Inscription is a good cash cow.
I have a mule with GM item id/id wands; I loot everything from the chest/mobs, drop it in a backroom of my tower. ID the stuff I'd really use (fencing crap) everything else sits until I've collected about 400-500 items, then I have an id session where I "clean house."

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Update:

100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Hiding
100 cartography
100 Lockpicking
100 Music
100 Provocation

Ended up changing to this build. Much better for raising lockpicking as well; mark a runebook with runes right next to the lvl 4 chest spawns, open gates from your home, hide next to the gate, double-click gate, start pickin away at the chests.

You can also initially hide as soon as the chest is dug up, start dragging out the health bars, then begin provo and running around controlling the spawn. Only downside I've experienced is Slayer spawns from lvl 5 chests; you have to really be on your toes or risk getting quickly owned by magery/melee damage.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I like the basic 5 skills you note.

Currently I have 100 Hiding and 100 Meditation.

When I dig up a chest, I try to quickly hop on my horse and hide. This works for Level 4 and below... but with level 5 chests, Balrons target INSTANTLY and pretty much instakill me if there's two of them.

With that said, my 6th skill is absolutely going to be wrestling. Then at least, I can dodge 50% of the Balron swings. (actually maybe less, because they might have over 100% wrestling themselves).

I don't find meditation that useful for actual treasure hunting. I run away and heal a lot, but most of my time is spent with the chest open, pulling stuff out. 80 resist/20 mining (which, with a STR bonus, would give you 30.0+ and give you a 3x3 dig radius) might be how I top it off.

You definitely do not need Eval. You have Provoke and Music to kill stuff, and GM Mages do about 2/3 of the damage with something like Ebolt at 0 Eval versus 100 Eval. Big deal in PvP; not so much in PvM. You always have Energy Vortexes and Blade Spirits too.