Fishing guide!

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fishing guide!

Post by DarkWing »

WiseOne wrote:You're just helping me because you want to find me at sea and kill me, aren't you :P

I have reformed ... i only kill AFK fishermen now!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

What's the maximum skill cap you can get to on the docks before you're forced to go into deep water for gains?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Foxhound3857 wrote:What's the maximum skill cap you can get to on the docks before you're forced to go into deep water for gains?
i believe it is around 60

Scammer Free Trade Room

getan

Post by getan »

DarkWing wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:What's the maximum skill cap you can get to on the docks before you're forced to go into deep water for gains?
Pretty sure my two new fisherman, have gotten well past 90 from the dock.

Nice try ya bloody pirate!

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

getan wrote:
DarkWing wrote:
Pretty sure my two new fisherman, have gotten well past 90 from the dock.

Nice try ya bloody pirate!
you are correct sir .. i have learned that changes where made and some docks are in Deep Water,
thats why they don't allow AFK fishing anywhere now

Scammer Free Trade Room

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

You can only fish for so long on shore before the fish stop biting and then you have to move. A boat is pretty cheap and with a good macro you can get to GM in a couple of days depending on how much time you have to watch your fisherman. If you do it AFK you run the risk of being banned and then your 'hard work' macroing will be wasted.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

It is my understanding AFK macroing skill gain is not prohibited so you can do it for fishing, you just have to be so weighted down that you get the message there is no room in your pack (don't remember the exact wording) for the fish you catch. This keeps you from actually gathering any resources thus not breaking the rules. Anyone know if Derrick or other staff have said this is so or not?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

My guess is that those items would fall on the ground resulting in a pile of resources on your boat which is still illegal. We would need moderator clarification though because every other comment is no more than an (educated) guess and the real rules can only come from staff.

On another note, I was wondering how a mod would approach me as I am fishing. Below is a screencap of my fishing technique, I have this window open at work at all times. I even pause the macros if I go to get a coffee or leave the desk for any reason. I do it this way so if attacked I can see the health bar go down and send over my 3rd character to the rescue. Clearly this is not AFK fishing but if a mod approaches me I probably won't be able to see him, or will I?

A response from a mod would be great, thanks.

♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

WiseOne wrote:My guess is that those items would fall on the ground resulting in a pile of resources on your boat which is still illegal. We would need moderator clarification though because every other comment is no more than an (educated) guess and the real rules can only come from staff.
Not sure if it is different on a boat but standing on a dock doing this nothing is falling to the ground so no resources are being gathered in any way. I get credit for a "catch" as I am gaining skill, but the catch is producing no fish or other items.

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

Just an update. Raising fishing skill without gathering resources does also work from a boat as well as land as I am doing it that way on a boat right now so afk macroing fishing to GM is possible without gathering resources that breaks the rule. With 100 str I have 427 stone weight on me to not gather.

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Xantim »

Would be nice to see staff confirm that this way is legal.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Gafron wrote:Just an update. Raising fishing skill without gathering resources does also work from a boat as well as land as I am doing it that way on a boat right now so afk macroing fishing to GM is possible without gathering resources that breaks the rule. With 100 str I have 427 stone weight on me to not gather.
seems like you want the GM's to do extra work,
Let me know what Jail Cell they Put you in, i'll send you a cake with a file in it!

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Gafron wrote:Just an update. Raising fishing skill without gathering resources does also work from a boat as well as land as I am doing it that way on a boat right now so afk macroing fishing to GM is possible without gathering resources that breaks the rule. With 100 str I have 427 stone weight on me to not gather.
if you are doing it from a boat ... all them fish are stacking up at your Feet, (no Decay) therefore you are collecting resources!

Scammer Free Trade Room

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

DarkWing wrote:if you are doing it from a boat ... all them fish are stacking up at your Feet, (no Decay) therefore you are collecting resources!
Maybe you missed this part:
Gafron wrote:Just an update. Raising fishing skill without gathering resources does also work from a boat
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Hicha wrote:
DarkWing wrote:if you are doing it from a boat ... all them fish are stacking up at your Feet, (no Decay) therefore you are collecting resources!
Maybe you missed this part:
Gafron wrote:Just an update. Raising fishing skill without gathering resources does also work from a boat
so if i am AFK'n my Lumberjack or miner. and their Pack gets full - they are no longer collecting resources .. i am ok? ... something wrong with this logic!

Scammer Free Trade Room