Cartography

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Cartography

Post by nightshark »

Rammar wrote:
nightshark wrote:I finished cart ages ago, i posted how in another thread:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... hy#p166046

For the record, rammar, cart isn't difficulty based so it makes 0 difference which map you make from 0-GM. Someone should update the wiki already.
I thought not, as I had fairly consistent gains regardless of which map I made when I checked in on it. I did most of it while I was sleeping though, so I wasn't completely sure.

This doesn't apply to decoding tmaps though does it? A lvl1 will not give as much chance to gain as a lvl4 when at 90 skill.
Correct, you can get good gains from decoding maps that you've only just reached the appropriate skill level for, since they are difficulty based. Likewise you can't gain cart from a level 2-5 map when you haven't reached the appropriate skill level.

I left my lv4-5 until I was 99.5+ as it's still fairly easy to gain from doing regular carto even at 90. The gains in the last 10-20 points can take up to an hour for a single gain from creating maps, IIRC. You can still fail to decode lv3 at GM, so you could even gain from lv3 maps to GM (which are more difficult to decode than using the skill itself, yielding better gains even in the upper 90's).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Orbanaz

Post by Orbanaz »

I was under the impression that you could decode level 5 maps at 99.5 cartography.

However, I got a map off a titan and am now exactly 99.5 and when I try to decode it, I get the message, "The map is too difficult to attempt to decode."

PRahl

Post by PRahl »

NVM it just got really slow after 96.5.

Nebbitt

Post by Nebbitt »

Question, can you use blank scrolls for cartography? Or must it be blank maps?

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Nebbitt wrote:Question, can you use blank scrolls for cartography? Or must it be blank maps?
I would guess no.... but go ahead and use the carto skill with blank scrolls in your pack (and no blank maps) and tell us what it does. If it says you have no blank maps then the answer is no.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Nebbitt

Post by Nebbitt »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Nebbitt wrote:Question, can you use blank scrolls for cartography? Or must it be blank maps?
I would guess no.... but go ahead and use the carto skill with blank scrolls in your pack (and no blank maps) and tell us what it does. If it says you have no blank maps then the answer is no.
Yup, you're right. I tried it and it said I had no blank maps.

carcajou2

Post by carcajou2 »

I made the regional maps until 73 real skill then switched to city maps. So far still gaining.

randale

Post by randale »

The wiki says Cartography has changed and now you can get to from 30- GM making any type of map. So, no need to do it diciphering treasure maps now