Guide : Animal Tamer - Start to Finish

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Furync

Re: Guide : Animal Tamer - Start to Finish

Post by Furync »

Arcott Ramathorn wrote:Do you need animal lore in order to tame certain high end creatures? Is it a necessary tamer skill? What are some tamers templates? I was thinking: Magery, Animal Taming, Music, Provoke, Cartogrophy, Lockpicking and one other. Obviously i was thinking dungeon chests and tmaps on this character also...If lore is needed ill take that, if not maybe resist. Ive never made a tamer before so any more info would be awsome.
Animal lore is absolutely necessary. The more you have, the better your control over your pet.

here's my template:

animal lore
animal taming
veterinary
magery
meditation (you need med)
musicianship
provocation

Hope it helps.
cheers,
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

without animal lore you just a joke of a tamer , me and everyone else will point and laugh at you (yes it's needed)

wait.. don't you need peace making to tame things above 90? :|

Flower

Post by Flower »

Are taming gains always sooo sloooww ? I'm at 59.5 (51.2 real) Was taming on Dagger Isle and just not getting gains hardly at all. And also I thought taming someone elses tames were harder,but when i tame someone elses bears it says "it was'nt a challenge" Is there any other other place to tame at this level?
And do you ignore the real skill? :?:

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Taming now from what I understand is A-L-O-T more difficult then when this thread started. Tame everything that moves within reach of skill level!!! Then have them attack each other or any other creature to encourage respawn.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I believe this thread is out of date and totally off base with mechanics now to be posting this as a direct guide straight from the main page.

You cant meditate and tame at the same time...or get gains from pretames. These two things hit me right off.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Flower

Post by Flower »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I believe this thread is out of date and totally off base with mechanics now to be posting this as a direct guide straight from the main page.

You cant meditate and tame at the same time...or get gains from pretames. These two things hit me right off.

yep the whole pre tame thing had me scratching my head. Need a new guide.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Follow this guide...
http://web.archive.org/web/199910190051 ... /anim2.htm

Find your target creatures that are around your skill level and hit them up point blank.

Use redboxes to make your safety zone if you can't find ledges, and you can utilize a stealth herder to bring you tameables to your safety area while you do your thirty attempts to tame a drake or something. Of course many people know having an alt healer with you to tame the firebreathing tameables and those that cast is a good aide while taming.

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

This thread came up from a "large hell cat" search. There was nothing in here about Large hell cats which is why I think forums are useless. lol It's what GM's tell you to search because they don't have a clue.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Actually, I'm shocked GM's told you to check forums...they should have told you to talk to people in game.

...and don't think they don't have a clue...we just don't like lazy people here.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Killeshandra wrote:This thread came up from a "large hell cat" search. There was nothing in here about Large hell cats which is why I think forums are useless. lol It's what GM's tell you to search because they don't have a clue.
Please don't respond in Guide threads with nonsense like this again. If you have facts/tips to share, by all means go for it. Otherwise keep the trash talk to its own forum. Thanks in advance.

"Large" hell cats have kind of a confusing naming history ("predator" hell cats, pack leaders, etc.), but I agree are cool as heck.

Jeremy Wade

Post by Jeremy Wade »

Can u still get good gains from bulls at 87.4?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I believe you can GM off bulls if you're patient enough, so yes, you should still be able to gain off bulls at that skill.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay