A couple of things I thought I would ask about guard zones.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A couple of things I thought I would ask about guard zones.

Post by Zorce »

1. I remember the whole area inside Lord British castle and courtyard along walls and such being unguarded. I remember having a PK camper in there and having battles with blues at the gates. Honestly this could have been after UOr but I am not sure so I am not saying this is T2A, I am just seeing if anyone remembers this?. I know it was set that way after one point, just not sure when?

2. The art building next to Brit bank, The basement was always unguarded. I am 100% sure on this one. Reds used to gate in and lure blues downstairs and had epic battles in that little building. I went down there and noticed it didnt give me the "you are leaving guard zone" message.

Werthers Chewbackas

Re: A couple of things I thought I would ask about guard zones.

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

No.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Zorce wrote:1. I remember the whole area inside Lord British castle and courtyard along walls and such being unguarded. I remember having a PK camper in there and having battles with blues at the gates. Honestly this could have been after UOr but I am not sure so I am not saying this is T2A, I am just seeing if anyone remembers this?. I know it was set that way after one point, just not sure when?

2. The art building next to Brit bank, The basement was always unguarded. I am 100% sure on this one. Reds used to gate in and lure blues downstairs and had epic battles in that little building. I went down there and noticed it didnt give me the "you are leaving guard zone" message.
I'm pretty sure you're correct on #2, and a redo of guard zones it something that is near the top of my task list.

I don't know about #1, hopefully others may have some recollection on that.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

#2 is right.

I don't think #1 is correct either...

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Like I said #1 I am not sure about which is why I am asking. I asked a friend of mine who played t2a and uor as I did and he thinks the guard zone was removed there for factions when they started which sounds about right to me the more I think about it.

I know #2 is right though. Not sure if its a big deal but would be cool to add little things like that, that were era accurate.

Thanks for listening.
Last edited by Zorce on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't see #2 being a big deal at all.

The tavern next to East Britain Bank is unguarded just like back then and the same if this location was made accurate.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I remember #2 as well was always nice when artists with a nice color of sandal spawned down there, made life alot easier.

I'm guessing lord brits castle being unguarded (if it existed at all) was a faction thing.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Oh lord in heaven jesus if you change the guard zones can we have extensive details as to what is changed? I have certain regions of guardzone memorized to the tile.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

sirrayiv

Post by sirrayiv »

These places were guarded zones too.....I used to run to them for safety back when pk's would travel on the X-roads...
Attachments
Mayhem_10-8_09.25.jpg

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

unguarded guard check points lol go figure :D

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Yeah this has been discussed and I believe it is about 98% that people believe these were guarded (with stratic info) versus the 2% who say it wasn't. I'm fairly sure this is on Derrick's checklist though I could be wrong.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Whenever I get near those guard camps I feel uneasy, probably because I remember them having protection.

Sucks that random ass spots have guard protection.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

poogoblin wrote:Yeah this has been discussed and I believe it is about 98% that people believe these were guarded (with stratic info) versus the 2% who say it wasn't. I'm fairly sure this is on Derrick's checklist though I could be wrong.
Aye, this may be in next patch.
There will be warning
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."