Patch 119 - Oct 21 2009: Vendor dress and redeeding.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 119 - Oct 21 2009: Vendor dress and redeeding.

Post by Derrick »

• Player Vendors cannot be Dressed
  • Redeedable vendors, use "<vendor> replace"
    • The vendor must be unloaded of all goods for sale.
    • The vendor can be then replaced in another house, or different location
    • The vendor will be the same, and will retain the money in his personal account.
    • Custom clothing will not be saved within the vendor when redeeded.
    • Any custom clothing/items will be placed in a bag at their feet.
  • Karma adjustments to Healers and Nobles
  • Tall stacks of items on boat decks will no longer leave the top items behind when the boat moves
  • Fixed falling off the boat plank
  • Fixes shard incompatibilities with new packet formats in EA UO Client version 7.0.0.0.
    • It is NOT recommended to upgrade to this version, the latest EA client is not compatible with Razor yet.
    • Much thanks to Mark of the RunUO team for the prompt packet fixes, for both the 6.0.14.2 client and the 7.0.0.0 client.
  • Stamina loss is based on relative strength of the player pushing, and the player being pushed. (Thanks Batlin)[/
    • The maximum stamina loss is still 10.
    • Pushing though cats and dogs in town will result in much less loss.list]
    • Subject: My Stealth Llama (Thanks Safir, ClowN and CmaN)
      • Can no longer trade or stable an animal that is mounted.
      • Mounted creatures cannot be kicked or banned from a house.
    • Fixed range check on cooking dough. It was not possible to cook diagonally. (thanks Valour)
    • Spelling correction for IRC command response to !time (thanks Pristiq)
    • Bow and Salute animation speed increased. (Thanks vkamicht and Hemperor)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BillyMitchell

Re: Patch 119 - Oct 21 2009: Vendor dress and redeeding.

Post by BillyMitchell »

Not so happy about this patch, Sometimes i feel like removing truly trivial but fun things like vendor dress does more to hurt the game by removing flavor then it does improving it by adding "era accuracy". PVP mechanics, changes to tmaps, even bandaid one at a time cutting i guess i can all understand the logic, however flawed it might be in some opinions, but things that add flavor and customization to the game, while not really detracting from anything that get removed like this hurt the shard. just my $0.02 .
Billy Mitchell - Billy Mays - Billy Corgan

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

BillyMitchell wrote:Not so happy about this patch, Sometimes i feel like removing truly trivial but fun things like vendor dress does more to hurt the game by removing flavor then it does improving it by adding "era accuracy". PVP mechanics, changes to tmaps, even bandaid one at a time cutting i guess i can all understand the logic, however flawed it might be in some opinions, but things that add flavor and customization to the game, while not really detracting from anything that get removed like this hurt the shard. just my $0.02 .
I understand how you feel about this, as to some extent I feel the same way; this was requested to be removed on accuracy ground literally ages ago, and I've been procrastinating heavily; it's not a fun patch.

The issue was raised again recently, and I feel very obligated to correct this inaccuracy.

I hope that finally getting the vendor re-deeding in is at least a partial counter to the removal of vendor re dressing.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I'd like some clarification, please. I'm not available to log into the game tonight.

Is this patch going to force us to redeed our vendors, before we can interact with them, again?
Are our vendors gone?
Can you be more detailed on what this means to players with custom vendors still up?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Probably grandfathered like most other issues in the past.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Derrick wrote:
  • Redeedable vendors, use "<vendor> replace"
    • The vendor must be unloaded of all goods for sale.
    • The vendor can be then replaced in another house, or different location
    • The vendor will be the same, and will retain the money in his personal account.
where is the info for this? I found this in the patch notes but it was taken out before the end of T2A I believe also seeing the patch noes for, I will find it tomorow, its to late tonight for it, cheers
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

ya at first i didnt like that you cant dress vendors anymore cause i planning on opening a shop soon but now i think its kinda cool cause then not all the vendors will look all fancy and crap like on hybrid, i kinda like how this shard is original and everything is not all neon and fancy, so i give this patch thumbs up even tho i didnt like it at first
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Duke Jones wrote:Can you be more detailed on what this means to players with custom vendors still up?
The vendors that are up have not changed, and are grandfathered with their clothes on them.
Wise wrote:where is the info for this? I found this in the patch notes but it was taken out before the end of T2A I believe also seeing the patch noes for, I will find it tomorrow, its to late tonight for it, cheers
Interesting, you're right, it was removed: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 12/31/1998

It was put in with this patch: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 12/21/1998

It looks like it was created to address a problem with vendors. I guess it could be said that it's on UOSA for the same reason, as this command is now the only way to recover custom items on a vendor.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The following was added this morning. This was not slated to go on so abruptly, but HardCore found an issue with OSI's 7.x client which needed to be addressed immediately, so we patched this morning.
  • Fixes shard incompatibilities with new packet formats in EA UO Client version 7.0.0.0.
    • It is NOT recommended to upgrade to this version, the latest EA client is not compatible with Razor yet.
    • Much thanks to Mark of the RunUO team for the prompt packet fixes, for both the 6.0.14.2 client and the 7.0.0.0 client.
  • Stamina loss is based on relative strength of the player pushing, and the player being pushed. (Thanks Batlin)[/
    • The maximum stamina loss is still 10.
    • Pushing though cats and dogs in town will result in much less loss.list]
    • Subject: My Stealth Llama (Thanks Safir, ClowN and CmaN)
      • Can no longer trade or stable an animal that is mounted.
      • Mounted creatures cannot be kicked or banned from a house.
    • Fixed range check on cooking dough. It was not possible to cook diagonally. (thanks Valour)
    • Spelling correction for IRC command response to !time (thanks Pristiq)
    • Bow and Salute animation speed increased. (Thanks vkamicht and Hemperor)

DeadHead

Post by DeadHead »

u cant dress vends anymore wat is with that! =/ i like the customability of this game...dont take away dyes too jk =P

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

So if a player on a horse/llama/ostard tries to enter or IS in my house without permission they can't be banned simply because they're mounted?

That can't be right...

I don't remember you ever losing less than 10 stamina any time.

Can you link the Patch Notes explaining these please?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sentinel wrote:So if a player on a horse/llama/ostard tries to enter or IS in my house without permission they can't be banned simply because they're mounted?

That can't be right...

I don't remember you ever losing less than 10 stamina any time.

Can you link the Patch Notes explaining these please?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. This means you can ban just the horse, or stable just the horse while it is mounted. You may ban a player on a horse.

The stamina loss is from from OSI code. Can someone test this on EA?

Return to “Patch Notes”