question about housing

Moderator: Support Moderators

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

question about housing

Post by dog1706 »

Forgive me it has been awhile.

Can a player loot items from a locked down container? I thought only friends and co-owners can take items from locked down/secure chests,bags,etc.
Are people with houses and keeps and shit just leaving shit out in the open not locked down?

I just don't understand how everyone is getting robbed for 100's of K worth of loot? Havent played since 99 and only been on this server for like 3-4 weeks, so forgive my ignorance.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: question about housing

Post by MatronDeWinter »

dog1706 wrote:Forgive me it has been awhile.

Can a player loot items from a locked down container? I thought only friends and co-owners can take items from locked down/secure chests,bags,etc.
Are people with houses and keeps and shit just leaving shit out in the open not locked down?

I just don't understand how everyone is getting robbed for 100's of K worth of loot? Havent played since 99 and only been on this server for like 3-4 weeks, so forgive my ignorance.
The only place your stuff is safe is in a secure container, but even then "friends" can loot you. Almost everyone leaves stuff non-locked in the open, nothing decays inside a home.

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

so if I have a locked down chest(not secure) any player can use the item in the bag but they will not be allowed to remove it unless friended, correct? and only friends and owners can use shit in a secure container, correct?

if you leave shit not locked down in your house, then your asking to be robbed IMO.

Thanks for the reply.

Populus

Post by Populus »

If a chest is locked down anyone can open it and have full access to whatever is in it. So they can take anything.
The only way anything is safe is what Matron said.

When people leave stuff not locked down they are saving item limit.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

understood.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Your entire house should be a secure container if you are doing it right.

Chests are purely decoration.

S STALLON

Post by S STALLON »

dot listen to anyone :wink:

allt these post wil confuse you it will happen dosnt be shamed of it
there so muhc information and everyone has they opinon
it not a woinder to be wondering lol thats a joke

the only safe bet :mrgreen: is not to bet when it com to homesafet :lol:

keep you doors lcoked an dont carry key

you will be very fine :D

s stallon 8)

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

I agree

Now quick question. if a person has your key, but is not friended. Do they have access to the houses menu? Can they change the locks? The name? Drop the house? Again this is just an what if question.

Never carry your rune to your house--leave it in the bank
Only have your key on you when you need to enter your house(when recalling from your bank box!)

Set up safe guards---table barriers, if you do not lock some shit down it would be wise to set up one of these barriers to keep your stuff safe guarded.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

key does not imply ownership, just access to the doors. they cannot access the house menu
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

fooka03 wrote:key does not imply ownership, just access to the doors. they cannot access the house menu
So if someone has the key, and can get in the door... can they get by a table-wall-blocking setup? The key only gives ability enter a house, right?

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

fatmagic wrote:
fooka03 wrote:key does not imply ownership, just access to the doors. they cannot access the house menu
So if someone has the key, and can get in the door... can they get by a table-wall-blocking setup? The key only gives ability enter a house, right?

This is correct fat. The only people that are allowed to relase/lock things down in your house are owners and co/owners. Friends are allowed access to locked down and secure containers but they cannot move stuff around. So if you have buffer zones set up correctly, you can still stop someone who has your key from taking your stuff.

I recommend to everyone never to carry the rune to your house on you. Leave it in the bank always. It's worth the extra recall, or extra regs to recall to bank first. There is no reason lose a rune in battle and give your enemy a recall spot directly in front of your door.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I have a quick question:

Can someone teleport past blockades set up? If so which ones? Tables? Chests?
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

To my knowledge, you cannot teleport inside a house at all.

Return to “New Player Help”