Interest Check on Tournament

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
corr]

Interest Check on Tournament

Post by corr] »

Im wondering if people would be willing to do a full loot tournament.

Buy in 50 or 100k

Can carry any loot on your character that you want. ie vanqs, invul armor, kegs of potions, gheal wands (except maybe reflect items?)

No horses, 10x10 square (or so) size ring.

As stated, the winner would be allowed to loot your corpse.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Interest Check on Tournament

Post by Fwerp »

Can you bank in between rounds? It should be that you cannot, and the fee should be much less. That way, the winner of the tourney gets his choice from all the vanquished foes. Just a thought.

corr]

Post by corr] »

Fwerp wrote:Can you bank in between rounds? It should be that you cannot, and the fee should be much less. That way, the winner of the tourney gets his choice from all the vanquished foes. Just a thought.
I was thinking that you would have time in between rounds to restock. If say 16 people were to enter then you would have to go 4 rounds without a chance to bank. Your equipment would be determined by your opponents up to that point, so I can see a potential flaw with that.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Make it where everyone's stuff that they lose all goes into one chest for the winner.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Zane

Post by Zane »

I actually think you're better off not allowing restocking/banking and making it use what you bring/loot.

Also, keep the buy in low. Allow the winner X amount of time to loot what he wants then let the "loser" take what's left on his/her corpse.

The reasoning? First, it gives it a true last man standing type of tournament. Almost like what UFC was when it first started. Second, not allowing banking/restocking keeps it from being about who has the biggest reserver of gear/resources and allows for minimal investment. Third, keep the buy in low so the people without a lot of stuff don't face losing a bunch of gold AND their best stuff.

TBH, I haven't done any tournies yet, but this one is tempting. Are trophy points awarded for player events? (Like I said, I don't participate in these... yet.) If you could get a point awarded to every participant for signing up, and keep the buy in at say 25k.... I think it would be a good combo that brings a lot of people in.

corr]

Post by corr] »

Zane wrote:I actually think you're better off not allowing restocking/banking and making it use what you bring/loot.

Also, keep the buy in low. Allow the winner X amount of time to loot what he wants then let the "loser" take what's left on his/her corpse.

The reasoning? First, it gives it a true last man standing type of tournament. Almost like what UFC was when it first started. Second, not allowing banking/restocking keeps it from being about who has the biggest reserver of gear/resources and allows for minimal investment. Third, keep the buy in low so the people without a lot of stuff don't face losing a bunch of gold AND their best stuff.

TBH, I haven't done any tournies yet, but this one is tempting. Are trophy points awarded for player events? (Like I said, I don't participate in these... yet.) If you could get a point awarded to every participant for signing up, and keep the buy in at say 25k.... I think it would be a good combo that brings a lot of people in.
My intention is to have it be somewhat high stakes..just something different than a standard 1v1 tournament. I've seen some interest for this in IRC, and can safely say we have maybe 5 people willing to participate confirmed. If the majority of the people want it to be a low buy in, or to do it where you cannot restock between fights, then I'll have it done like that. I personally don't agree with it, but would be willing if >50% want it that way.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i liek the idea, 50 entry keep what you kill
except i would also say no banking or bank runs, or having a second char equip your alt
you will need to kill opponenets and take their resources to stay stocked
would be very interesting
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Yes would do this.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Populus

Post by Populus »

Kabal wrote:Make it where everyone's stuff that they lose all goes into one chest for the winner.
Do want. 8)
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Zane

Post by Zane »

BlackFoot wrote:i liek the idea, 50 entry keep what you kill
except i would also say no banking or bank runs, or having a second char equip your alt
you will need to kill opponenets and take their resources to stay stocked
would be very interesting
This is pretty much my thoughts.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Myself not intersted in toury .. but does sound like could be fun to watch .. if done right .. I agree NO BANK .. what you take "with out" and what you take.. however once you die .. thats it its gone .. even if your killer dosn't take it ref does for the winner.. This would be a high cost entry .. 50k to get in the door .. wear your best win or lose your best .. {time limits one looting .. ref says who winner is etc to crowd winner is looting .. ref gives next name .. they get called its on have maybe staff or trusted player loot seeing ref is busy at this time or should be)}

This would let true luck and understanding of the game show the most .. cause your standrand restock macro dosn't work .. you have to think of what you used on others and loot accordingly to what luck would have that player has left .. I think this could be what the "server is missing" in the whole luck aspect .. everyone is always fully stocked .. this may give us a small insight to what it may have been more turely about ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Return to “Player Run Events”