cA Adventures: BIDDING WAR?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

cA Adventures: BIDDING WAR?

Post by chumbucket »

Although I am not at liberty to divulge my methods, I today became aware of a transaction between Monika (aka princesspeach) and HI IM MIKE. My dear friend GuardianKnight was to act as broker. The transaction involved the removal of one keep so that another might be placed in its stead. I arrived at the designated location prepared for action. It was not long before action was afoot.

I had hoped that a keep deed would be carelessly placed in a bag. Alas, there was no such deed. At the key moment, I search through a series of trapped pouches. I assumed at this point that the jig was up. Sure enough, Monika cast reveal, but I quickly stealthed out of range. I decided that a new strategy would be called for.

The keep was dropped. I stealthed out to the middle of the newly open area and put out a call over the guild chat: Someone bring a character with a house deed! Some fine property has opened up on lovely Marble Island, right next door to Monika.

It wasn't long before one of my associates heard the call of duty. He would be there as soon as humanly possible, but I would have to hope I could go unnoticed long enough. Monika and GuardianKnight were perplexed. The keep just wouldn't fit. They tried it from the front. They tried it from the back. They tried it from the sides. There was just two seconds ago a keep there. How could a new one not fit? At this point, a fellow by the name of John arrived.

Now you know that at chumbucket and Associates one of our mottoes is We don't do it for the loots, but we are happy to get said loots. (Our other motto is When you think home security, think chumbucket and Associates.) So I made a proposition.

Monika feigned a lack of interest, while GuardianKnight insulted me with his offer of 50,000 gold. As I said at the time, a pittance. In comes HI IM MIKE of mYm (aka Matron Yoinked MyKeep). He indicated some interest in purchasing the plot of land. I don't blame him. It is a fine location. But it is not for me to decide a price.

HI IM MIKE expressed some skepticism regarding the desirability of the location.

He saw the wisdom in my remarks, while GuardianKnight saw only red.

With initial negotiations out of the way, he and GuardianKnight were quite curious about one thing: How did I know that all of this was going down? How could it be that I would be in just the right spot, at just the right time?

HI IM MIKE was unsatisfied with my answer. He left, only to return in the form of Rufus, a thief.

Monika soon came back out. I informed her of the potential real estate deals in her neighborhood. She was eager to make an offer.

Awkward!

So there you have it, folks. She is quite happy as long as someone doesn't move in next door. As I said in the screenshot, I am going to suggest to my associate that he put it up for auction: House and land on fabulous Marble Island, next to a gorgeous marble temple and the tower of one of the shard's most feared yet beloved warriors. Perfect for young couples looking to build a future together. I'll keep you updated on what he decides.

Postscript

Accusations have been leveled. I will only note that Derrick is not crazy enough to make me GM, counselor, forum moderator, or anything else. No further comments with be forthcoming on these matters.
GuardianKnight wrote:I'm sure there will be screenshots soon but chumbucket popping up at a house transfer that i wasn't even sure where it was until the last minute is too much of a coincidence. Either we have a mod here that is abusing his power or chumbucket has psychic powers.

I really better not find out that chum has a gm or counselor character that can go invisible and locate people.
The Batman wrote:The suspects for the character known as Chumbucket have been narrowed yet again.

Suspects:
Bigoud as number one suspect, but he could be any of the Ca.
Monika, the victim is #1 suspect always until proven otherwise.
Blackfoot. Very creative with roleplaying and acting. Matches profile.
GM or Counselor - Really not likely but chumbucket has a weird knack for being in the right place at the right time. Could be sitting invisible somewhere tracking people.

Moderator of forums- watching pms to see when deals are going down.

Just turn yourself in and make it easy on yourself. Otherwise i'm gonna punch you in the throat and turn you upside down on a tall building and punch you in the crotch over and over until you talk.

<WoozyRargar> how did u know that kid bought the house
<chumbucket> I am chumbucket.
<WoozyRargar> lol naw
<chumbucket> It's true. I am!
<WoozyRargar> u either a have no life and camp that all day or b are a forum/irc mod or c you are guardian knights buddy
<chumbucket> No comment.
<WoozyRargar> or your monika lolol
<chumbucket> No comment.

<GuardianKnight> be honest....howd you get there?
<chumbucket> I am chumbucket.
<GuardianKnight> i want detailed road map
<chumbucket> I think that says it all.

Krats

Re: cA Adventures: BIDDING WAR?

Post by Krats »

Awesome story!!
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

The plot thickens! Which leads me to the topic question of this very special November edition of the Daily Planet: Who is chumbucket, really? Clark Kent of The Daily Planet reports.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

*starts to clap loudly in the silence of everything*

Oh yes very good story indeed. Yes I was foolish enough to think no one was around. And no he is not a moderator or admin he just happened to be at skara at the right place at the right time.

But I am sorry to say you will never make a dime from me nor anyone else haha. The house is nowhere near my tower, which was my original intentions for buying such keep. Even though I wanted the keep and foolishly dropped it to mark a rune in the back, (I was not aware you could teleport back there somehow) it matters to me not.

Out of my anger I remained yet calm and vigil. I preceded to then go and get the two story and the small house by my tower placed. I ran my other char all around the island to avoid detection from chumbucket and others to avoid any suspicion of my plans.

chumbuckets weakness was to foolishly continue his bragging, as he was to concentrated on making his next tale of adventure.. I got the house placed.

The house chum had placed it located on the far west side. Which is no where near me whatsoever. I did however want to buy it back but then decided not to because it was not even worth it, for you will never get a dime out of me. An anyone foolish enough to buy a meaningless house for more than 42k is a true fool indeed, as it will bear no affect on me whatsoever.

Like I said in the picture, I am a warrior. I care not for such petty things. Sad that the infamous cA adventures has come this. And as for your new so called strategy, there was no strategy. You only attempted to benefit from my one mistake of ultimate foolishness and carelessness, which you have failed to do so.

And that is all I have to say about that.

HI BUCKY! :P
Last edited by princesspeach on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Wish I was there for it.

This is why I shouldn't eat dinner. Gets in the way of my UOing.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Why do you insist on mentioning my name in your stories? I feel dirty.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

I'm not really sure what you accomplished in your little story tbh, besides that you ended up with 42k less than what you started with, and a undesirable small house. Monika accomplished what she wanted, by sectioning off her tower from any neighbors. So I mean if huge wastes of time are the highlights of your day, then I guess you succeeded.
Image Against all odds. War us.

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Oh and I almost forgot... HI BUCKY! :P

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

princesspeach wrote:But I am sorry to say you will never make a dime from me nor anyone else haha
Pretty sure he will. If no one else steps up, I'll buy it. I've always wanted a nice little house on an island.

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Mikel123 wrote: Pretty sure he will. If no one else steps up, I'll buy it. I've always wanted a nice little house on an island.
And you are more than welcome to buy it from him. Just best bet is to stay to the western side of the island. The eastern side is owned by the Cult and you'll probably find yourself eating dirt if you come around us. Kthx and hope to see ya soon on our beautiful island. :)

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

At any rate I have to say I am flattered chumbucket made an elaborate tale of adventure about me. Thank you. :P
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

How does someone that has only been here a matter of weeks and doesn't even have a 7x dexer yet afford a keep?
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

zzyzx wrote:How does someone that has only been here a matter of weeks and doesn't even have a 7x dexer yet afford a keep?
I have friends in high places. :twisted:
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

...the Cult?

Sorry, but the nickname 'the Cult' has already been taken by \+/. Any mention of the Cult will immediately bring to mind \+/ and not *_*
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Well we are takin it back!!!! *_* :twisted: