Counts and Events

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Counts and Events

Post by Ronk »

Just figured id throw this suggestion out there.

If it hasn't already been done and/or can't be done, perhaps look into a method of 'protecting' participants from counts and/or statloss. Several of the orcs went red last night during the event and, unless the web page stats are wrong, I took stat loss. Not a huge deal for a melee warrior such as myself but still an inconvenience.

A global 'disabling' of counts in the event zones would be easiest but then event zones will become prime pk hunting. A better, more focused, method would probably be some sort of flag that you can set on actual participants who will be required to pvp and have the flag expire after X amount of time or something.

As a side note, please be aware that all of the orcs loved the event. There weren't really any major complaints except a bit regarding the crowding, lol. We'd probably all do it again statloss or not and appreciated the invite. I hope everyone who participated had fun, even if you were blown up :-p.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Re: Counts and Events

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:Just figured id throw this suggestion out there.

If it hasn't already been done and/or can't be done, perhaps look into a method of 'protecting' participants from counts and/or statloss. Several of the orcs went red last night during the event and, unless the web page stats are wrong, I took stat loss. Not a huge deal for a melee warrior such as myself but still an inconvenience.

A global 'disabling' of counts in the event zones would be easiest but then event zones will become prime pk hunting. A better, more focused, method would probably be some sort of flag that you can set on actual participants who will be required to pvp and have the flag expire after X amount of time or something.

As a side note, please be aware that all of the orcs loved the event. There weren't really any major complaints except a bit regarding the crowding, lol. We'd probably all do it again statloss or not and appreciated the invite. I hope everyone who participated had fun, even if you were blown up :-p.
We really appreciate your participation last night, we certainly didn't intend for any of the participants to incur stat loss due to participation in the event.This is a good suggestion, as it was a unique event we didn't any system like this available, but we'll certainly see if we can be more prepared in the future for this issue. Currently, anytime you are red, and respond yes to a resurrect? menu you'll suffer stat loss, you don't get stat loss in our other events because you don't get the menu.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote: We really appreciate your participation last night, we certainly didn't intend for any of the participants to incur stat loss due to participation in the event.This is a good suggestion, as it was a unique event we didn't any system like this available, but we'll certainly see if we can be more prepared in the future for this issue. Currently, anytime you are red, and respond yes to a resurrect? menu you'll suffer stat loss, you don't get stat loss in our other events because you don't get the menu.
Yeah, its not a big deal and I didn't want the suggestion to come off as a complaint, hence why I tried to be clear :-)

My apologies too for any res killing that happened. With that many people it was nearly impossible to avoid.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Zim

Post by Zim »

Long and short term counts FTW

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

I think, this suggestion is a good one, but relatively at the back of the line as far as implementations go. Any events I do from here on out will try not to involve this, simply because of this problem. I'd like to do more of this, really, but for now I think I can entertain you all without this. I'll definitely write this down and keep it as something that would be very helpful. Thanks Ronk.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kasimir wrote:I think, this suggestion is a good one, but relatively at the back of the line as far as implementations go. Any events I do from here on out will try not to involve this, simply because of this problem. I'd like to do more of this, really, but for now I think I can entertain you all without this. I'll definitely write this down and keep it as something that would be very helpful. Thanks Ronk.
We'll gladly take counts if the event is fun enough ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock