Errors trying to load game..

btmaz

Errors trying to load game..

Post by btmaz »

I just installed Windows 7 lastnight and was playing UO with no issues at all lastnight.

Upon trying to log on today, I get this error:

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

And it's not letting me load the game. Any ideas? I'm not the most tech savvy person around.

btmaz

Re: Errors trying to load game..

Post by btmaz »

Looks like my UO folder has a padlock icon on it. Not sure how it got there or how to remove it. I have a feeling that's what's causing the issue. =p

btmaz

Post by btmaz »

I turned off my UAC in Windows 7 and now UO is loading but Razor is not retaining any of my settings. Am I going to have to redo my settings everytime? (I'm banking someone has had this issue before with Windows 7. =) )

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

run razor as administrator.

i was running 7 quickly for some testing, but i didnt run it for prolonged periods of time, while it was running however i didnt have any problems with razor/uo.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I had a problem with the padlock too.
Rick click on folder -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced -> Owner
Then take ownership of the folder on your username.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."