New idea for trophy reward

Topics related to Second Age
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

New idea for trophy reward

Post by son »

I made a mistake in character creation and would like to switch chars around my accounts. Why not for 50 trophy points allow 2 chars to be switched between accounts?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New idea for trophy reward

Post by Mirage »

You accidentally made a character on the wrong account, then I'm guessing you also accidentally 7x'd him? If not and he's just a newb make a new one. Otherwise this just sounds like you want someones else's char transfered to your account.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

lol, pretty much.

Lets strengthen the illegal sale of accounts market.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Rofl, you guys are accusing me of buying accounts?

I just 7x both chars without thinking, they are both mine in my original 2 accounts. Derrick could see this plain as day.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

it would take you all of 48-72 hours to remake that exact same character you want. what it boils down to is you do not have the time to macro/build that character on the desired account (or you're lazy as shit and don't know how to setup a macro while you go to work)

do you not think people have run into this 'problem' before? i have made every type mage/fighter/dexer/event template on all 3 accounts w/o thinking to myself 'man this would be so much easier if i could transfer this character to my main account.' that is why the server is fun. just spend the time/gold to do whatever you want.

suck it up and figure out a way to make it work without asking for a handout :|
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Teknix wrote:it would take you all of 48-72 hours to remake that exact same character you want. what it boils down to is you do not have the time to macro/build that character on the desired account (or you're lazy as shit and don't know how to setup a macro while you go to work)

do you not think people have run into this 'problem' before? i have made every type mage/fighter/dexer/event template on all 3 accounts w/o thinking to myself 'man this would be so much easier if i could transfer this character to my main account.' that is why the server is fun. just spend the time/gold to do whatever you want.

suck it up and figure out a way to make it work without asking for a handout :|
Yes I am lazy and realize I can remake char in a few days. But a name change deed exists so I figured maybe this was not a terrible suggestion.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

It's a good idea in theory, plus it's always nice to try and find new ways to use up trophies and all. But honestly with how much we allow macro-wise, how easy it is to gain skills with almost no effort and our liberal account limit, I don't think we should have something like this. It's almost not as simple as a name change deed. It's doable but takes a little more effort on our part, which I don't think it necessary because it'd take less effort for you to go ahead and make a new character and set up a macro.

That's just my opinion though. I'm not going to flat out say 'no', I encourage more discussion.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I'd be willing to bet felix is trying to take a character from an ex guildmates/friends account and transfer it onto his own.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I'd be willing to bet felix isn't dumb enough to think we couldn't very easily tell if the character in question were from one of his 3 original accounts, or a friend's old account.

Edit: It's probably a situation where he has two characters on the same account that he wants to use at the same time. Can't multi-client two characters from the same account so he's trying to come up with a way to just swap the two instead of having to delete and re-create both.

Edit 2: Also, there wouldn't really be a point in taking a character from someone else's account, because skills are easy enough to work up. And I'm pretty sure felix is established enough and well-versed enough in UOSA that he could very easily 7x any set of skills in a few days max. So the only thing he could want from another person's account are the items, in which case he could just easily transfer them over to himself without going through some convoluted process of convincing us to swap out a character that isn't from his account. Because I'm pretty sure he realizes that it would be a futile effort if that's what he was going for.

moradin

Post by moradin »

How about a trophy award to freeeze this post that is obviouslly never going to happen.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Why the hell are two newbs who don't even play the game anymore yapping in this thread?

Never hit it on the head. I have 2 accounts one has 2 dexers the other has 2 mages, all chars which are mine and have my name signature. Id like to switch em. I can probably make the one char a mage and the other a dexer for 200-300k and 5 days, but Id rather be lazy and do it for 750k.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

You're so quick to add insult...

You should respect the fact that we're highlighting the PROBLEM with this. And, instead of being a tool about it, rejoice in the amount of work we reduced for the staff of this shard. They're busy enough as is, just macro it.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You haven't actually reduced any work for us at all. And there's no problem to highlight. There's literally no way someone could "trick" us into transfer a character from an account that isn't theirs. And there's also no problem because it's not much to be considered, most people probably could have guessed that an idea like this wouldn't receive much consideration. But I said I encourage more discussion because I'm always glad to see people trying to add ideas or features to the shard. So really the only thing you've contributed is being uncivil on the forums.

platy

Post by platy »

Nevermore I thought you left us?!

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I came back sortof.