Serious Question

Topics related to Second Age
Borgnine

Serious Question

Post by Borgnine »

A player named Laertides was gray at the Brit Bank Im guessing from stealing. I called guards, they didnt come. So I attacked her. She killed me. I ran back to get my body and she killed me again. Guards never came when called again. She looted my regs. It also never asked me to give her a murder count. Why couldnt the guards be called and why no murder count?

Mr.T

Re: Serious Question

Post by Mr.T »

Lesson learned the hard way. I also did not know about this when I started on this shard.

What happens is he went and flagged grey by attacking a blue npc or healing a monster or such, thus making him grey. You can not call guards on a person who has done only that. By attacking him it made you grey to him and he could attack you without consequences. People do this cause they are complete faggots and have nothing better to do I guess.

It sucks but it's part of the game. Next time don't attack someone whos grey in town, most likely they are ready for a fight and will loot your body dry.

Borgnine

Post by Borgnine »

Hmm, I dont recall that being how it was done in the old days but I could be wrong. Oh well, I now know. Never go to town I guess heh

Thanks

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Mr.T wrote:People do this cause they are complete faggots and have nothing better to do I guess.
Noted with out comment.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Mr.T wrote:Lesson learned the hard way. I also did not know about this when I started on this shard.

What happens is he went and flagged grey by attacking a blue npc or healing a monster or such, thus making him grey. You can not call guards on a person who has done only that. By attacking him it made you grey to him and he could attack you without consequences. People do this cause they are complete faggots and have nothing better to do I guess.

It sucks but it's part of the game. Next time don't attack someone whos grey in town, most likely they are ready for a fight and will loot your body dry.
Bring your archer friends and kill them with insta hit.

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

It was indeed like that in the old days. If you commit a criminal act outside of town, and then enter town -- guards cannot be called on you. The only difference here is that when the grey goes into town, they will most likely not be smashed by about 30 people...

You can also commit a crime inside of town, so long as no one is around to call guards. There is then a 10-20 second window where people may call guards -- but after that, you're golden.

The rule of thumb, as always, is to not attack anyone you don't think you can kill :D

wut happen

Post by wut happen »

I thought that guards could always be called on you if you were within the 12 seconds window regardless of whether or not you commited the crime in town.

Also, you were still grey to him after he killed you because just dying doesn't automatically make you blue to him. You still have to wait out the timer.

I love going grey in town, what with the statloss and all it's the best way to PK!

Borgnine

Post by Borgnine »

I know being grey lasts even when you die. This question was mostly about guards.

keuse

Post by keuse »

The second that you attack someone is grey, they can attack you.

Once you die/combat ceases there is a two minute timer in which time you are both grey and attackable to eachother

When they attack you while you are grey, the two minute timer resets untill the conflict has ceased.

Once you have not engaged in any combat with this person for over two minutes, you will then be blue to them and hence not attackable.

Rahvin080

Post by Rahvin080 »

Same EXACT situation for me last night, I had a great fight around brit bank with another player. Turns out I got blocked and revealed by on-lookers(thanks assholes :)) but I don't mind it was a fun fight. Then he killed me 10 times after -.-

My biggest problem came when one of the wusses that followed us around killed the guy I was fighting and took BOTH of our regs....man we wanted to join forces to hunt him down but coulnd't find him ;(

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Seems like Laertides laid the smacketh downeth.