Sea Serpents

Moderator: Support Moderators

Fish

Sea Serpents

Post by Fish »

I've been out trying to get my last few points of fishing. Is there an area where you can find more serpents? I need some excitement to make these points go by a little quicker.

LifeForce

Re: Sea Serpents

Post by LifeForce »

not that i now of. and once you are gm it get's even more boring....

:|

i vote for more spawn @ sea.

Fish

Post by Fish »

I second that!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

A fishing thread isn't a fishing thread without DarkWing's say just letting you know :lol:

And if you aren't finding hordes of sea serpents out there come away from shore you land lubbers :!:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:A fishing thread isn't a fishing thread without DarkWing's say just letting you know :lol:

And if you aren't finding hordes of sea serpents out there come away from shore you land lubbers :!:

ITS OFFICAL

I have been trying to get them to do something about the Serpent Spawn for quite some time, seems fishers are not very high on there list. I just GM'd my 2nd Fisherman and had minimal runins with the Serpents they do not seem to come up on Failed fishing attempts like they are suppose too ....

Fishing REALLY got NERFED when they took the MAPS and MIBS out of the Serpents . now the Serpents don't even wanna Play!

and once your GM it is VERY hard go keep your Eye's open while Fishing - I feer one day i shall get busted for AFK Fishing once i Fall Asleep at the Helm.

Good Luck With your Fishing.

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Fish

Post by Fish »

I am way out to sea and have been running two fisherman on one boat most of the day. I have fished up or ran into a grand total of 2 serpents and 1 water elemental in about 6 hours of fishing :(

OH! and man fishing gains are slow after 95

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Fish wrote:OH! and man fishing gains are slow after 95
Painfully Slow ... this is where most people give up on Fishing

but stick with it .. GM Fishing has awsome rewards

OH ... but BEWARE of PIRATES, we will KILL you on Sight!!! :P

Scammer Free Trade Room

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I see serpents out at sea all the time, I don't know how you two aren't running into them.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I see serpents out at sea all the time, I don't know how you two aren't running into them.
we are suppose to be pulling them up on a Failed attempt .. but that doesn't seem to happen as often as it should.

and the random Spawn is Super Weak!

this needs to be addressed ... or do away with the jail time for AFK Fishing ... (falling asleep at the helm) the only Dangers at Sea are Us Dreaded Pirates!!!

but as one of the Pirates ... there are NO dangers at Sea at ALL

Scammer Free Trade Room

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

I must agree with everything said here!

Currently training up first fisherman and gains are incredibly slow! I'm currently right out at sea hiding from DarkWing and been stuck at 97.7 for over 2.5 hours and counting! this better be worth it!

Also, about the sea serpent spawn - wow I have only pulled up 2 since being out at sea. Been fishing for 6 hours today and haven't even seen ONE! The sea serpent spawn really must be addressed! Please! :shock:

Zane

Post by Zane »

The skill gain rate is supposed to be slow so far as I can gather. I mostly think it is because when you reach GM, there's little risk and all reward lol. The hassle for the skill is really frontloaded and free sailing once you max it.

As for the occurences of sea serpents on fishing failures... I agree something is screwy.

I know there has been some tweaking of things in the past, but I really don't understand why there aren't more pulled up. When looking at these to things combined, I'm wondering if there's a direct relation between the two. Perhaps we're not seeing many serpents pulled because there's too much success in fishing before GM (chance of skill gain is on partially success/failure/whatever if I remember right).

At the current rate, I pull up as many sea serpents as I do tmaps. That alone sounds odd to me as tmaps would seem the "exceptional" as related to crafting and sea serpents the failures. Averaging roughly 1 sea serpent an hour, I would have to sit down for a straight up statistical gathering session (which I may do).

Actually... who would be interested in this? if we get a few people to do this, I'll post what to keep track of and put all the numbers together. Maybe we can get something changed.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Yeah I can understand the slow gains... its just SOoooOOooo slow! Feel like my brain is melting waiting for gains!

Looks like someone beat you to the punch with the whole serpent counting!
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9114

I will be contributing once I hit Gm!

Zane

Post by Zane »

Actually I was thinking of something more statistically accurate, and more up to date (it is no longer possible to fish up sea serpents at GM). Also, we'll need a bit more info and non GM fishermen to do it.

I'm going to do a run tomorrow, but I'll post here what people should keep track of in case they want to contribute (the more the better for a more solid statistical sample).

Skill at start, skill at finish.
Outcome of cast:
Fish
Footwear
Mess of Small Fish
Sea Serpent
Deep Sea Serpent
Treasure Map
Failure

Disregard all no fish biting casts. Time spent fishing is irrelevant. Fishing must be in "deep sea" (14 tiles from land I believe). Only Sea Serpents fished up should be documented, and those fished up should be documented regardless of whether you fight them or not.

(How I will do this is a piece of paper with each possible outcome listed, putting a tick mark for each possibility as they occur. Because I don't like to stare at my screen while fishing, I will probably only document every couple minutes, denoting this by starting my macro with a phrase [to mark the start of the recording period] and setting my macro to run a set number of times that will equal about how long I want to run before recording outcomes.)

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Sounds like good idea, If (more likely when) I train up a 2nd fisherman I will definitely contribute.

I mentioned the slow gains before, I am now at 99.9 fishing and my eyes are on the very of exploding into flames but I am not going to give up on it until I get GM! Raaaarghh!

Avoided pirates so far but I am ready for them - got a case of rum on board to distract them.

Zane

Post by Zane »

momquab wrote:Sounds like good idea, If (more likely when) I train up a 2nd fisherman I will definitely contribute.

I mentioned the slow gains before, I am now at 99.9 fishing and my eyes are on the very of exploding into flames but I am not going to give up on it until I get GM! Raaaarghh!

Avoided pirates so far but I am ready for them - got a case of rum on board to distract them.

To be honest, the pirates have been on a bit of a holiday for the holiday... don't let the absence lull you into a sense of security. :)

But yeah, once I get numbers running I'll start a thread for people to post theirs and keep it running as long as people want to contribute.