Carpentry Help!

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
grimsk

Carpentry Help!

Post by grimsk »

Any guide?

The thing right now is .. It's raising horribly slow.33.2 to 33.7 i used something like .. hmmm 1500 log?Doing hundred of wooden Box and Crates .
It's raising so slow and it's just 33 ish.I don't even want to think about 90's.I am doing something wrong or it's just a pain in the ass skill to raise?

Opposite side .. my tinkering,Mining raise smoothly and it's much higher.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Carpentry Help!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Make small red boxes and medium crates for a bit until you reach about 48.0 shown.
Then start making Ballot box deeds until about 55, followed by wooden shields until 68.
Then get 40 tailoring and start making fishing poles until 74.
Then make Quarterstaves until 80.0
and finally Gnarled staves all the way to GM (this is the longest part)
When you get to the last 2.0 or so, make a few armoires every now and then to keep things random, but not too many, they waste alot of wood.

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Make small red boxes and medium crates for a bit until you reach about 48.0 shown.
Then start making Ballot box deeds until about 55, followed by wooden shields until 68.
When you get to the last 2.0 or so, make a few armoires every now and then to keep things random, but not too many, they waste alot of wood.
Shown real skill or with the bonus? With the Bonus it's something like 49 ..I have read another guilde and it's told me making trinsic chair.Actually after 400 log i gained .8. Which seem to raise much faster.I was simply not gaining with small crate.

i guess it's was my mistake.I though the only thing that mattered was shown real but look like it's not?
Hey matron i know you have a tinkerer.My tinkering now at 82 .. Does trap start to be good at 80? I'm going to try it on myself :P

I'm pondering the question.What i'm gonna do with the 584850398503 lockpick i have haha.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

go by your shown skill.

Tinker traps are usless before gm.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

estimated # of boards used?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Daolin wrote:estimated # of boards used?
I think somewhere along the lines of 40-50k. But I went from 0-GM, so it's probably a bit less.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Make small red boxes and medium crates for a bit until you reach about 48.0 shown.
I used this method for 50-100. It took 62,000 boards.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

and seriously, i think macroing inside a house really makes a difference, it took forever for me when i was just restocking from bank, that's from personal experience

Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

I'm also GMing Carpentry and I sold all my wooden shields to the BS vendors. Now i'm starting with the fishing poles.
Is there a vendor that buys this poles from me? And if so, where?

Thanks for the help!

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

Have you tried fishermen at the docks?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

This is spot on but I have made 1 slight adjustment, instead of armoires do large yew tables, they take same skill as armoires but use 20% less boards.
?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Don't make anything but gnarled staves.

There's no such code here that checks for "mixing things up". That didn't come into UO until the "anti-macro code" publish, which was after this shard's time span.

Carpentry is one of the more tedious skills to GM, in terms of the number of items you need to make, new macros, obtaining boards, etc.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

No im aware of that, thats not the reason Matron suggested it, its just because it takes around 6.0 more in skill points, so if you are stuck, throwing the odd table/armoire in will give you a better chance to gain, not because of the mixing up of items, just because its a higher skill item. Same with smithing, if your not seeing any gains at 98-GM it does not hurt to throw in the odd plate arms, just to see if you can budge it.
?

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

I havent tested it here, but does the overloading bug work here? I used it on OSI when I did carpentry there for the convenience of sticking 50k boards in my pack.

Brules

Post by Brules »

NVM, my bad. Figured it out.....from 47-74 skill = 31,300 boards roughly so far. Will update total numbers when finished.

Update: Up to 87.1 shown skill and just passed the 40k boards mark.....

New Update: 96.5 skill and 60k boards used.....will update final # used once I reach GM.

99 - 70k boards.......I am begtining to hate carpentry.

GM Finally! Total boards used: 75k

Followed guide to a T and id gnarled staves from 80 to GM with no alternating to other items.