Whats wrong with this shard???

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
wgehalo

Whats wrong with this shard???

Post by wgehalo »

PVP
Everything is f'n great except for PVP.
The spell damage delay is ridiculous and horses are much much too fast.
You can't interrupt crap without planning 2 moves in advance, and the only way to kill people is to gank them before they can run 2 screens away on their mount.
Fix these things and I shall return.
Last edited by Derrick on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Whats wrong with this shard???

Post by Hemperor »

im on it chief

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Whats wrong is we have a divinity poser posting on its forums newb
Staff scrubbed your filth out before, and you reposted...this time I hope they ban you.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

wgehalo wrote:PVP
Everything is fucking great except for PVP.
You can't interrupt shit without planning 2 moves in advance, and the only way to kill people is to gank them before they can run 2 screens away on their mount.
So plan 2 moves in advance?

wgehalo

Post by wgehalo »

I'm sure i'll be banned soon.
It's a shame that my shard is dying. I love everything about UOSA except for mounts and PVP which is a huge part of uo.

hydrok

Post by hydrok »

Whats wrong is we have a divinity poser posting on its forums newb

that sentence makes absolutely no sense at all.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

whats wrong with this shard is people like you

while i dont like some changes that are made, they are made because they are accurate.... so.. mount speeds and spell delays are accurate... deal with it

and

all mounts are the same speed, so ummmm.. get your own horse and you can run just as fast.. amazing huh

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

He was advertising another server in another thread. It's been a trend lately. We have guys who pop their head out exactly about one month unseen in game, unheard in forum that start bashing this shard and then saying how they are well established in another and will help out anyone here who wants to defect.

Proper English died in the revolution droogie. Ain't nothin' propa 'ere govna.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

romm221b

Post by romm221b »

wgehalo wrote:PVP
Everything is f'n great except for PVP.
You can't interrupt crap without planning 2 moves in advance, and the only way to kill people is to gank them before they can run 2 screens away on their mount.
Oh my god, you have to plan two moves in advance? WHAT!!?!?!?

You can't spam ebolts and slam people with your spell chan scimmy or cutlass?

Bro your a complete noob, get off our server. Theres no place for you here and as long as your here if i see you i will outright humiliate you and kill you.

And also spell damage delay is in there for a reason. Lets talk theoretically, if you shoot a ball of fire at your target, it does not instantly reach your target. It takes a moment to hit your target.

Two solutions to people being able to run away from you are:

1. Get a better internet connection.

2. Paralyze.

People complain about Paralyze all the time but ITS A SPELL.

Enough said, get off our server.
[12:40] <Derrick> all healthcare is free in britainnia. I guess it does work in some places.
[12:40] <Layt> boom. health reform in 30 seconds. take a page from Derrick's book obama
My IRC name: Zebulone
My Characters: Zeus,Muay Thai,Rem Jr

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

UOSA's pvp is more fun and UO-like than Divinity could EVER wish to be.

Mounts are fine.

The thread creator is a great example of someone who is brainwashed into thinking UO:gamers is anything like UO after playing it for so long. It's the other way around guy, all of UO:gamer's servers suck because no UO era has ever been like that(whether Hybrid or Divinity ect.)

Mage vs mage is SUPPOSED to be about spell timing and strategy..... not 1 second e bolt cast/insta dmg/spam fests like Divinity.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I used to think mount speed was too fast, but honestly its just how I remember it on Atlantic. I was never able to catch anyone there, and nobody ever caught me. Actually I think the only time I ever caught someone was if they ran into something, like it is here.

The speed is fair though and think of it is this way: if you took away mounts, would you still be able to catch people on foot, or would they still gain distance while you stood still to cast?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

I was a dexer on Chessy, and I used to get accused of speed hacking and all sorts of crap, just because a mage or archer was P.O'd that I kept running off screen and back. It's era accurate.
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B