Suggestion for silver

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Psilo

Suggestion for silver

Post by Psilo »

I think we should make 1 silver = 1 point.

I think 1 silver being half a point is a bit disapointing and makes doing CTF's especially when you're losing annoying because people stop trying too quick because they remember "oh yea it's for HALF a silver". Personally I fight it out to the very end but when other players don't it's lame.

I don't think the scale fits, every other event and even invasion world events where you stand around hidden and AFK(yield 5 point trophys) with no effort.

I think CTF is a lot of fun and a player can turn the tides of battle, so let's try to make the prize at least decent.

1 point isn't asking for much! It's also less confusing than 1silver = 1 half. Doh :x

Thanks ^^

Lord Cavewight of GL

Re: Suggestion for silver

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

I think silver should be 10 points and team leaders get neon hued unique items. :D

Anyone remember how much silver was worth on OSI? :?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think silver should be able to be smelted...roll thread
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

1 point is not asking for a lot guys, could you give me some reasons why it would or wouldn't be good?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This was before my time, but my understanding is getting silvers for CTF is a compromise. You used to get 1 point from CTF, then when i started you got nothing but a small sum of gold because the staff wanted to make trophy points harder to get. Now we get half a point for winning CTF. Lets be happy with that so we don't lose it all together again.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Making trophy points hard to get?

Lol.

Anyone with a bard and motivation can farm enough money to buy all the silver and trophy's they need.

Getting 1 point for a CTF game that takes like 20-25(not sure) minutes to play should the least of of our worries.

You get what, 2 points for bagball and you can do that game 3 times in a row. So you can get 6 points in literally about 10-15 minutes.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:shock: You get two points for one bagball game? What kind of shade in hades is that?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Oops, actually it's 1.

I confused that trophy with another statue of a man.

Okay, so 1 point.

My reasoning really for changing CTF to 1 point as well is that CTF takes more team work to win and it yields less than bagball.

I like bagball, but unlike CTF bagball can be won by 1 star player. People make a touchdown without any help a lot of the time lol.

CTF requires you to defend, get the flag back, heal your team, cast walls, have friends dispel them as you get the flag so you don't get blocked in and killed by an army ect.

The strategy in CTF is seen everywhere and games last longer so i think it should be at least 1 point.

Either way I'm gonna play CTF more than bagball because I find it more fun too.

platy

Post by platy »

CTFs and these games are for fun.. not for items..
The GAME itself is to be for fun, this is an accuracy based shard be thankful the staff allows us to play these games man!
The coins and trophies are just insentives to play, but if you don't enjoy competing for them dont play!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

So CTF is for fun and bagball is for....?

platy

Post by platy »

Umm..
Fun..
Hey man if you don't like the games you dont need to play.
The whole point of UO is to have fun- afterall it too is a game!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

of course, I play for fun....

This is the suggestion forum if you guys haven't noticed, so yea I'm giving my thoughts on the matter.