Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: Catch up.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: Catch up.

Post by Derrick »

It's definately about time for some patch notes. There have been a lot of minor tweaks since Patch 121, nothing big enough to deserve the title of Patch 122, and most were mentioned in other relevant threads in the forums.

Changes effective prior to this morning (Catch up):
  • Ranger NPC vendors drop arrows
  • Mining allowed in Dungeons, Disallowed in Tourney Arenas
  • Fix for infrequent, and previously misunderstood shard crashes.
  • Can't provoke creatures who cannot be harmful to each other. (This is a pretty rare scenario)
  • Meditation success formula based on mana percentage, not the nominal value.
  • Updated some treasure map drop levels from: http://web.archive.org/web/200012070401 ... vels.shtml
  • Recalling to restricted areas such as Green Acres and Event areas is more fully prohibited.
  • The list of the commands in the [helpinfo dialog has been updated. "Tips" no longer shows twice.]
  • Non-free use tournaments will now allow bank access at the beginning of each match
  • Time before matches in non-free use tournaments extended to 18 seconds.
  • Players will face the wall at the beginning of a tournament match.
  • Spawn updates in the South Lost Lands.
    • Frogs and toads will appear mostly in swamps.
    • Reduction of orcs overall.
  • Major optimization to some timer functions
    • This seems to have eliminated the reports of severe de-synchs and lag.
    • This may also have resulted in fatigue working properly again, especially when mounted.
  • You can only report murder for a death once in a 5 minute period. (see change below)
Changes effective this morning:
  • Ancient Wyrm no longer Auto-Dispels
  • Dragon Magery bumped up slightly.
  • Detect Hidden and Reveal will no longer work on players in Survival game
Changes effective Tomorrow Morning:
  • Poison food will no longer make the poisoner a criminal
Additions on Jan 14:
  • The 5 min restriction on reporting murders will be only on the same killer, it will not block you from reporting "New" murderers.
  • Thief guild members will no longer display Notoriety at all in their title
  • House doors auto-lock when the house is made private, and when the locks are changed.
  • If your current combatant goes too far out of range it will be cleared, just as if he had hidden.
    • This applies to all mobiles, both players and monsters/NPC's
    • This has been tested on OSI and is correct, this resolves some flagging exploits.
  • Hiding will clear your current combatant.
  • Creatures who travel in packs, such as the orcs on Dagger Isle will be more aggressively protective of each other.
Mini Patch on Jan 23:
  • GiantSpiders will no longer open doors. [Thread]
  • Most creatures, NPC's, and Shield Guards will no longer heal and cure.[Thread]
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: Catch up.

Post by Zorce »

Thanks for the patch info!

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

Derrick wrote: [*]You can only report murder for a death once in a 5 minute period.[/list]
Can you please explain this one a bit more ?

You mean that if someone kills you, you have 5 mins to report him ? after that, you can't report anymore ?

or you mean that if someone kills you, you report him, and then he rezkill you, you cant report again before a 5 mins timer ?

thanks
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You will no longer be able to report someone multiple times within a 5 minute period, so yes if you get rez killed you won't be able to repeatedly report them and rack on murder counts.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This information comes from this OSI FAQ, click "How do I report being murdered?"
http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/update. ... dex-2.html
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Alot of the other topics don't apply here and I am glad some of them do not.
If this is era, did the ruleset as explained by the link exist near the end of the second age concerning everything else?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Derrick wrote: Ancient Wyrm no longer Auto-Dispels
Dragon Magery bumped up slightly.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you boss. :mrgreen:
?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:This information comes from this OSI FAQ, click "How do I report being murdered?"
Hey Derrick, if you look at that page, we're accurate on most things except the barding stuff.
Provoking a creature sets the bard as the creature's controller for two minutes (for more information on the controller status see the Pets section). As long as the bard remains as the creature's controller, he is somewhat responsible for the creature. If the creature attacks an Innocent (different from the original target) after the initial provocation, the bard will be flagged as a Criminal and Aggressor (but he can't be reported).
I don't think this is the case right now. A bard is only responsible for what he directly "provokes". Spelled out:
Earl the Bard, an innocent, provokes the Collector of Souls (a Balrog) to attack a lesser Daemon. The Balrog kills the Daemon, then immediately attacks the Innocent Bob, another player in the room. Bob dies. The Balrog moves on to attack several other players and only after a large group of them has perished is it killed in its weakened state by Mac the Mage. Mac killed this Balrog within the 2 minute timer of Earl's "control" state because it was constantly in combat after the initial provocation.

Is Earl a criminal?
He becomes a 2-minute Criminal as soon as the Balrog attacks an Innocent.
Also:
What happens to Earl's Karma?
His Karma would go up for killing the Daemon (assuming his Karma is not already too high). Earl would not lose any Karma for the death of the Innocents because you can only lose Karma when an Innocent reports you as a Murderer.
Right now, I don't think we have the 2-minute control thing (which is ridiculous, IMO, but apparently accurate). And I don't think we gain fame/karma from provoking things to death. Looks like we should.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Well if you look at it, when you die everyone will receive skill and stat loss according to their plan.

Look for the thief topic.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Wasn't that FAQ written close to the release of the t2a retail box around October '98?

If this is the case than I would be careful about the comment involving barding. The reason karma/fame was stripped from bards was over a flagging issue. There definitely should be more information gathered before considering the barding portion of the FAQ in my opinion.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:Wasn't that FAQ written close to the release of the t2a retail box around October '98?

If this is the case than I would be careful about the comment involving barding. The reason karma/fame was stripped from bards was over a flagging issue. There definitely should be more information gathered before considering the barding portion of the FAQ in my opinion.
Oh man I'd love to see that reimplemented.

http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/update. ... ation.html

The plus side:
"If the target dies, the bard will gain Fame if warranted"

The negative side:
"Provoking a creature sets the bard as the creature's controller for two minutes""

I can easily see people griefing this, even with the guides example.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I see alot of Bard killing without taking any counts on this one you are right.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A few tweaks and additions to the patch this morning:
  • The 5 min restriction on reporting murders will be only on the same killer, it will not block you from reporting "New" murderers.
  • Thief guild members will no longer display Notoriety at all in their title
  • House doors auto-lock when the house is made private, and when the locks are changed.
  • If your current combatant goes too far out of range it will be cleared, just as if he had hidden.
    • This applies to all mobiles, both players and monsters/NPC's
    • This has been tested on OSI and is correct, this resolves some flagging exploits.
  • Hiding will clear your current combatant.
  • Creatures who travel in packs, such as the orcs on Dagger Isle will be more aggressively protective of each other.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:House doors auto-lock when the house is made private, and when the locks are changed.
Probably the best thing for new players; I've seen (and looted) a few houses due to players changing locks and forgetting to check if both front doors are locked, or players locking one door and leaving the other door open.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Derrick wrote:
Changes effective prior to this morning (Catch up):
  • Ranger NPC vendors drop arrows
Rangers are Still not Droping Arrows!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room