Forensic Evaluation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Forensic Evaluation

Post by Teknix »

any help on how to macro this skill efficiently would be greatly appreciated
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

poogoblin

Re: Forensic Evaluation

Post by poogoblin »

I'm sure there is an easier way but first thing that pops into my mind is get a theif, steal from someone successfully then just macro off of him like you would eval int or anatomy.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i've been macroing on human corpses at banks and elsewhere with slow slow gains.

does anybody know when i should be able to attempt to detect whether or not a thief is perma grey? i'm gonna guess 80 skill. until that point, would my only chance at gains come from using the skill on a corpse?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Go to a place with easy spawn like Brit Sewers...You'll need to be able to kill everything easy for this to work so train up a melee weapon skill first. Your macro should look like this.

For Loop (1-10)
Exec. Target closest Grey- "you can record from hotkeys:targets /execute this"
Exec. Attack Last Target-"see above"
Pause 1 second (1000 ms)
End For
Use Skill Forensics
Pause 1 second (1000 ms)
Target by Type corpse (2006)
*Loop it

Stand Back and watch the carnage :D. Corpse as a target is generic...it will target any corpse.

Basically it will call out any Grey creature towards you to kill, when it is dead you will start evaluating it. You don't have to GM tactics or weapons, in fact you have chance to gain in both here and if you choose you could wiggle in script in which to bandage/heal yourself if need be. If you have high enough weapon and tactics however you won't need it.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bump for Edit
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

I have a noob question, but since I've never used it...

What does forensic eval do? And what kind of a char uses it?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

a few things...you can see who popped a lock on a chest such as in your home in or a dungeon, you can see who looted a corpse then if you had tracking can track either one of these by name. You can reveal the true identity of Disguised thieves, tell if they are thieves in the first place, and reveal if they are perma grey.

Since thieves can't give murder counts you could make a vigilante character and just kill thieves outside of town whether perma grey or not. You'll go grey if they arent perma but you wont go red or take a count.

Good skills you could pick to go with it: Tracking, Hiding, Detect Hidden, Stealth

Of course you could just use stealing to see if a thief is perma, but using forensics you can do it from afar and hidden. Chest looters as well are supposed to be perma-grey when they loot a chest owned by a pc or npc shop.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I just GMed this doing it on an NPC.

Use Skill
Target NPC
Delay 10.25 seconds.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Yeah you can start macroing on people higher end of the skill.
I am gaining off rats still at 91.1, its easy gold with the gains,and believe it or not I am gaining on swords having 90.8 right now tactics at 86 too.
I might have hit a brick wall at 91.1, that might be the time I have to come up from the sewers and start macroing in town. Just wanted to see how far it would go. Nope just got a gain.

kazana

Post by kazana »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:a few things...you can see who popped a lock on a chest such as in your home in or a dungeon, you can see who looted a corpse then if you had tracking can track either one of these by name. You can reveal the true identity of Disguised thieves, tell if they are thieves in the first place, and reveal if they are perma grey.
Really? This is contrary to any other forensic threads I've seen on the UOSA forums.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Really?
Well that's what it does.
Need to look into it more then because I know for a fact there are other threads on Forensic Evaluation not to mention patch notes.
I had GMed it and used it myself and although never being able to tell if it had revealed a true identity I had revealed perma grey status.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

^ What does it say if you reveal perma grey status? do they appear grey to you?

and if you didn't forensic evaluate them, you'll get criminal query when you attack them right? but if they are revealed as grey, does it still happen?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Their status bar and name will turn grey if successful in your forensic evaluation. Permagrey can be also determined by trying to steal from them. I have the querry turned off so I am not sure attacking them would determine this or not, although I have read that it also can.

Whether they are blue or grey to you if they are perma grey they are attackable.

kazana

Post by kazana »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Their status bar and name will turn grey if successful in your forensic evaluation. Permagrey can be also determined by trying to steal from them. I have the querry turned off so I am not sure attacking them would determine this or not, although I have read that it also can.

Whether they are blue or grey to you if they are perma grey they are attackable.
Alright, confirming all of above after tests.

Additionally, you will get a warning flag if you attack a perma-grey who appears blue to you. Without forensics you need to attempt a steal (without being a thieves guild member obviously) first to know whether the target is perma-grey or not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Forensic Eval is messed up here, it should not reveal perma-status. Why else would people use a non-thief to "steal" from a suspect to in order to determine their status. I am sure alot of people remember that. If the only referance to this is that screwed up Stratics Article and some chat about what people "Think" it can do, then this is completely off base. I have no idea how this was ever changed to the way it functions now to begin with, based on speculation alone.