Last skill choice

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Last skill choice

Post by Hicha »

Layt wrote:
hiicha wrote:I honestly wouldn't even bother doing dungeon chests without hiding, because if you're spending time clearing mobs, you're wasting time looting. And if you're using invis charges or spending regs to cast invis, well you're just burning gold anyway.
How can you possibly make the argument that the 2 reggies it takes to cast invis is burning gold away, but 'Double the regs/mana to cast ebolt is negligible'?
?

I never cast ebolt during dungeon chests.

10g for an extra ebolt versus a 200g invis charge. You tell me.
Last edited by Hicha on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Anon

Post by Anon »

Layt wrote:
hiicha wrote:I honestly wouldn't even bother doing dungeon chests without hiding, because if you're spending time clearing mobs, you're wasting time looting. And if you're using invis charges or spending regs to cast invis, well you're just burning gold anyway.
How can you possibly make the argument that the 2 reggies it takes to cast invis is burning gold away, but 'Double the regs/mana to cast ebolt is negligible'?

gm hiding on a pvm lockpicking char is so so very convenient, in about a million situations

Layt

Post by Layt »

hiicha wrote:
Layt wrote:
?

I never cast ebolt during dungeon chests.
Not related to the dungeon chest debate, but just before that tangent you stated that 'double the regs to cast ebolt is negligible'. Why is it that this 10g in one situation is negligible, while in another it's burning gold away?

edit for clarification: How many situations are there that spending 10g to invis/ebolt is not easily more than recouped? My point is that there are not enough of these situations to warrant giving up 100 points. In one hand, you have hiding and save 10g per chest. In the other, you spend 10g to pick a chest, and have 100 points in ANY OTHER SKILL.