Carpentry

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Carpentry

Post by Alex21 »

Here is my guide to carpentry!

As stated by T2A Wikie:
* 30 - 40 Chest, Small
* 40 - 48 Crate, Medium
* 48 - 55 Ballot Box Deeds
* 55 - 68 Wooden Shields*
* 68 - 74 Fishing Poles (Requires 40.0 displayed tailoring skill, train from NPC)
* 74 - 80 Quarter Staff*
* 80 - GM Gnarled Staff* (Around 98 make the very occasional large yew wood table if you want but its not required)
However to simply macro carpentry you require 50k boards to get close to gm, and new players people simply can't afford to buy them, or be bothered to chop them.

So i have a few tricks to make gm'ing carpentry just that much easier and less pain staking for new players, of course these tricks involve the use of razor!

Basically all you have to do is make two macroes, one for chopping trees and another for turning the logs into the item you need to make in order to gain skill.

Macro For Chopping Trees:

Code: Select all

Set Last Target
Wait 3000
For 1 To 18
Double Click Axe
Wait 60
Target Last Target
Wait 700
End For
This macro basically makes it so you can target a tree once and it will chop at it 18 times for you, set it to a good hotkey and it can save you a lot of clicking.

To make a macro for creating an item using carpentry simply start recording in razor and then create an item by hand, then stop recording and add a 10 second wait to the end. Set this macro to another convenient hotkey and you have saved yourself once again a lot of clicking.

Doing this you can pretty much run through the woods chopping till your overweight then producing items to gain, this way it is like having a constant source of boards.

Thanks for reading.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Carpentry

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:roll: where did the other topic go?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Layt

Post by Layt »

That's a fairly horrible chopping macro. You really don't want to put a 16 iteration loop in there for something that might take 3 chops. Either use sysmsg(), or use a macro like this:

double click axe (will need to be retargetted every 1000 logs)
(wait for target)
target relative location (which will be one tile away)

This macro will spam chop on anything next to you, so all you have to do is walk, and drag/drop the logs with you

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Double click axe
pause 1 sec
Target by relative location
if weight>= 370
Double click smoothing plane "or whatever"
Wait for the menu
menu response 1
Pause 8 secs
end if
Loop it

There are a million trees out there so even if you cant get the right angle for a few in targeting relative location, there are plenty more. Plus this turns the logs into boards automatically so you can carry plenty without clicking a mouse button.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Layt

Post by Layt »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Double click axe
pause 1 sec
Target by relative location
if weight>= 370
Double click smoothing plane "or whatever"
Wait for the menu
menu response 1
Pause 8 secs
end if
Loop it

There are a million trees out there so even if you cant get the right angle for a few in targeting relative location, there are plenty more. Plus this turns the logs into boards automatically so you can carry plenty without clicking a mouse button.
I like that this adds the smoothing plane, but if you're doing any serious chopping, you're going to start dragging something behind anyway, so might as well just wait til the end and smooth it all at once

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I top out near 600 boards on person. Sometimes I do get overburdened at the end and need to craft a little before I can take my crafter heinie elsewheres. Smoothing them all out then and there before the 390 stone limit "which my personal macro is not 370" is better for non crafter mule resource gatherers.

Layt

Post by Layt »

When I go lumberjacking, I rarely pick up less than 2k logs in a trip, and its usually more like 3-4

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

with pack horses?

I don't use those very much.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Layt wrote:When I go lumberjacking, I rarely pick up less than 2k logs in a trip, and its usually more like 3-4
The difference is Archaic can run tree to tree, rack up wood, auto cut it, and continue to do this until he has maxxed his weight, in which he then recalls, bank his wood, then returns and continues his macro. He doesn't have to walk or drag-and-drop lumber, which is cumbersome and much slower.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Layt

Post by Layt »

hiicha wrote:
Layt wrote:When I go lumberjacking, I rarely pick up less than 2k logs in a trip, and its usually more like 3-4
The difference is Archaic can run tree to tree, rack up wood, auto cut it, and continue to do this until he has maxxed his weight, in which he then recalls, bank his wood, then returns and continues his macro. He doesn't have to walk or drag-and-drop lumber, which is cumbersome and much slower.
You're using an arbitrary travel time. If you have a house in the forest, that method is better, as travel time is reduced. In a situation like mine, my home is on ice isle, so I gate elsewhere, chop up 4k wood, and gate back. In a situation like this, it's far more efficient to just drag/drop, which, while yes it is more cumbersome (but not nearly intolerable), it is faster (especially as you can drag/drop while chopping).

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Yeah I use resources for personal reasons none of which include vendors. In that aspect I see where you are coming from. If I need gold to stock my main characters or items I hurry up get what I need and make them right away sell them if I have to.

I guess it depends on what you are doing with everything. If you want to macro all night afk, or sell bulk resources on a vendor I guess having a supply like that would be good. As for me I want my gold, weapons, armor etc right then and there.

I hate drag and drop myself...but you got to do what you got to do if you are the one that gots to do it.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Here's my jacking macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|there
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Next!
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|3
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.2220000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5550000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|384
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Boards!
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4440000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

The hotkey action "use item in hand". Hold this down between after the tree is done to retarget the next tree if you miss the targetting opportunity in the macro.

I have another macro "make boards" with a hotkey. When he yells "boards" I press it, which stops the jacking macro. This is good because he doesn't go on chopping when he can't fit any more logs in his pack.

Then I have the Jack macro itself on another hotkey, which I just press to resume once the boards are made, or even immediately after the "make boards" macro if I'm not overweight.

These three hotkeys are all next to each other. I used to include making boards in the macro, but it messes up all the time and I find this way cleaner and more efficient.

I dump the boards 190 per time onto a packhorse and usually end up with 3700 or so after a little over a half an hour of jacking.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

For the Carpentry, I skipped wooden shields and fishing poles, went straight from balllot boxes, to quarterstaves, and finally shepards crooks (which I'm still on at 93.6 carpentry and rising slooowwwwly).

This works pretty well if you don't want to waste time selling the stuff and just conserve resources.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Li Meiyang wrote:For the Carpentry, I skipped wooden shields and fishing poles, went straight from balllot boxes, to quarterstaves, and finally shepards crooks (which I'm still on at 93.6 carpentry and rising slooowwwwly).

This works pretty well if you don't want to waste time selling the stuff and just conserve resources.
Why crooks over gnarled staves?

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Layt wrote:
Li Meiyang wrote:For the Carpentry, I skipped wooden shields and fishing poles, went straight from balllot boxes, to quarterstaves, and finally shepards crooks (which I'm still on at 93.6 carpentry and rising slooowwwwly).

Why crooks over gnarled staves?
I don't think it makes any difference, same skill, same amount of resources.

I went with crooks cuz my gnarled staff macro would get out of whack sometimes, but crooks for some reason doesn't.