Client non-responsive after 5 min of play

migz

Client non-responsive after 5 min of play

Post by migz »

Hello - i recently downloaded and installed everything, opened using razor and i seem to be able to play....for about 5 minutes. then the game crashes and "is not responding". anyone familiar with how to fix this? also, when I make the game full screen, it freezes and/or chops. im running vista 64. any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Client non-responsive after 5 min of play

Post by Hicha »

Do you notice any vista dialog boxes pop up as soon as it crashes? Maybe check your event log to see what it says exactly when it crashes?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Downs

Post by Downs »

ive never been able to run full screen on vista. i have an alt+' macro and if i miss and hit alt+enter, game crashes.

In windowed mode, does the uo window go white and freeze, then shut down?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

have you turned off music? thats one of vistas problems that causes bad things

Oxxbow

Post by Oxxbow »

Morining all,
Yea i have this same problem.I crash every few minutes, i know this server is era accurate but this is driving me mad lol!.
I get a white windows box come up with 'your ultima online cliant has stoped working'.
I will try turning off the music and see if it helps and post any results

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

There was a recent post with similar issues, except they were having problems running a media player in the background. There was a good suggestion made though, make sure "Smart CPU Reduction" is turned off in Razor, I myself and others have had these lockups when enabled.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Dagon wrote:vista causes bad things
Fix'd.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Try updating your display drivers if you haven't done so in awhile; might be a glitch in Vista that there's a fix for.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Oxxbow

Post by Oxxbow »

I have turned the music off this seems to have worked so far.Will see if i can update me drivers and see whats happens.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm going to reinstall from scratch and see if I can get a client working that doesn't crash Vista+ with music on.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Volo

Post by Volo »

Good luck i would love to use the oldschool music and sounds,my roomamte who also play on the shard always has to rub it in when we both are playing and he turn his speakers up when he enter jhelom(its our favorite town)him and I always have a saying and its kinda lame but its "hanging in the j since back in the day"
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars