Basics of gaining every skill (work in progress)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Basics of gaining every skill (work in progress)

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This guide is not to teach you how to macro. It should only provide the info that you need to GM the skill in the shortest most efficient/affordable way possible. I strongly advise anyone to take a moment and learn a little bit about razor from one of the many other guides on that subject. If your skill is lower than 30, train it up from an npc. (Murderers can learn from the npcs in bucs den)

Alchemy

Anatomy
Use the skill, target any living thing. (Use the same target to GM)

Animal Lore
Use the skill, target any living animal. (Use the same target to GM)

Animal Taming

Archery
30-50 Shoot a Polar bear with a standard newbie bow, use a vet-bot.
50-85 Shoot an NPC Fighter (jhelom has alot) while healing him.
75-GM Shoot an NPC Paladin (Castle behind delucia bank)
You CAN GM off a fighter if you use the same one for the duration of your training. The NPC will gain skill while you train on him. If you are at 90 skill, and start using a new fighter, you will have to wait for his skill to build up closer to yours before you see quicker gains.

Arms Lore
Use the skill, Target any weapon. (Use the same target to GM)

Begging
Use the skill, Target an immobile NPC. Use the skill, Target any weapon. (Use the same target to GM)

Blacksmithy

Bowcraft and Fletching

Camping
Gather a large number of kindling, either use a dagger on a tree or buy it from the provisioners. Stand somewhere safe and repeatedly use the kindling until the skill has GM'd. (When collecting kindling from a tree, you can yield more product per tree by lumberjacking boards and converting them into kindle via carpentry).

Carpentry

Cartography

Cooking
Pull one fishsteak (or other cheap raw food item) from a stack and place by itself. Use it on a heat source (heating stand/oven/fireplace) then place it in another stack and repeat cooking them all one at a time.

Detecting Hidden
30-50.1 Use the skill, target a trapped box.
50.1-GM Fill a non-trapped box with as many trapped boxes as you can find. Stand in your home and use an axe on the non-trapped box. Use the skill on the boxes that are now stacked on top of eachother on the floor. The more traps in your original box the faster this skill will gain.

Enticement
Train to 50+ Musicianship. Use the skill, target any non-aggressive animal. While waiting for the skill delay you should practice Musicianship if you need it.(Use the same target to GM)

Evaluating INT
Use the skill, target any living thing. (Use the same target to GM)

Fencing
30-50 Hit a Polar bear with a daggar, use a vet-bot.
50-85 Hit an NPC Fighter (jhelom has alot) while healing him.
75-GM Hit an NPC Paladin (Castle behind delucia bank) while healing him.
You CAN GM off a fighter if you use the same one for the duration of your training. The NPC will gain skill while you train on him. If you are at 90 skill, and start using a new fighter, you will have to wait for his skill to build up closer to yours before you see quicker gains.

Fishing

Forensic Eval
Use the skill, target a player character that is in the theives guild.

Healing

Herding
Use the skill, target a docile, wild, tamable animal. Target yourself. Repeat. (take precautions to keep your target alive during macroing)

Hiding
30-50 Repeatedly hide in an unpopulated area.
50-75 Repeatedly hide within 10-15 tiles of a town crier.
75-90 Repeatedly hide within 5-9 tiles of a town crier.
90-GM Repeatedly hide right next to a town criet.
(You can substitute the town crier for any stationary human, player or npc)

Item ID
Use the skill, Target any item that an NPC will purchase. (Use the same target to GM)

Lockpicking
30-45 Repeatedly lock, and then pick a box crafted by a player with 40 tinkering.
45-65 Repeatedly lock, and then pick a box crafted by a player with 50 tinkering.
65-80 Repeatedly lock, and then pick a box crafted by a player with 75 tinkering.
80-95 Repeatedly lock, and then pick a box crafted by a player with GM tinkering.
95-GM Get out into the dungeons and pick as many Level 4 chests as you can. Try not to waste your time on the lower chests, they yield almost no gain.

Lumberjacking

Mace Fighting

Magery

Meditation

Mining

Musicianship
Repeatedly click/use any musical instrument until GM

Parrying
Get 100 strength and arm yourself in full plate.
Gather/Buy 40 birds/cats, gate them onto a single tile inside your home. Block them in with locked-down tables to their north,south,east and west.
Arm a Rectangular Heater shield and then toss a lesser explosion potion into the trapped group of animals. Tab Out! Approach the group of animals and prepair to take a great deal of damage. It's wise to have a healer as well as a mage present to keep you alive. Be prepaired to back out of the group to safety. This skill should only take an hour or so max.

Peacemaking
Train to 50+ Musicianship. Repeatedly use the skill until GM.

Poisoning

Provocation
Train to 50+ Musicianship. Trap an animal someplace where people will not disturb you. Repeatedly use the skill, targeting the animal and then yourself until GM. Be sure that the animal cannot get loose and attack you.

Remove Trap

Resisting Spells

Snooping
Repeatedly attempt to peek into any stationary-humans backpack (from their paperdoll). Set their bag to "Last-Object" and spam that hotkey to GM.

Spirit Speak
Use this skill repeatedly until GM.

Stealing

Stealth
Get at least 90 hiding before working this skill.
Hide and then use Stealth until unhidden, repeat.
30-55 Wear clothing/armor equalling 3 AR.
55-62 Wear clothing/armor equalling 6 AR.
62-75 Wear clothing/armor equalling 9 AR.
75-86 Wear clothing/armor equalling 11 AR.
86-95 Wear clothing/armor equalling 13 AR.
95-99.5 Wear clothing/armor equalling 14 AR.
99.5-GM Wear clothing/armor equalling 15-16 AR.

Swordsmanship

Tactics
Use the fastest type that utilizes your highest weapon skill. Repeatedly hit an unarmed player that has 0 wrestling skill. Heal them during this process. (GM your weapon skills (mace,fence,wrestle,swords) before attempting to GM this skill as working those skills will provide gains in tactics as well).

Tailoring

Taste ID

Tinkering
30-46 Make clock parts.
46-91.5 Make Lockpicks.
91.5-GM Make Heating stands.
(you can keep making lockpicks until 95 to gm the skill cheaper at the cost of time.)

Tracking
Stand near a trapped animal, use the skill, select animals in the menu, select the animal. Repeat until GM. (It is wise not to practice this skill around a populated area because when your skill gets higher your macro might stop gaining due to the "This area is too populated" error message resulting from your tracking radius increasing). If you are using razor, it is wise to have razor close the gump after each loop to prevent your client from crashing.

Veterinary

Wrestling
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Basics of gaining every skill (work in progress)

Post by SJane3384 »

For fishing I did 0-92 on shore, in a town. 92-GM I sailed around one of the server lines on "slow back" (just had to watch out for serps).
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

SJane3384 wrote:For fishing I did 0-92 on shore, in a town. 92-GM I sailed around one of the server lines on "slow back" (just had to watch out for serps).
Thanks!

I have all the info already, it's in-progress because I need to type/format it all.

Germ

Post by Germ »

Matron,

For Camping it is best to lumberjack to tree for the wood, then cut the wood into kindling. You can get a lot more wood from the tree a lot more quickly that way.

Germ

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Germ wrote:Matron,

For Camping it is best to lumberjack to tree for the wood, then cut the wood into kindling. You can get a lot more wood from the tree a lot more quickly that way.

Germ
I did not know that, but now that you mention it I do recall the ability to make kindling from boards in the carp menu. Thanks for the information I will update my listing.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I got forensics very high very quick by killing rats in Brit sewers. Target Grey, Attack last, Use forensics, target corpse which is generic concerning every sort of corpse. I GMed it later by targeting the thief guildmaster.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I got forensics very high very quick by killing rats in Brit sewers. Target Grey, Attack last, Use forensics, target corpse which is generic concerning every sort of corpse. I GMed it later by targeting the thief guildmaster.
Trying to get the quickest way to go about it. Surely it would have been faster to simply target the thief from the get-go. That does remind me that I should note that when I say "use it on a guilded thief", it applies to thief npcs. Thanks

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

It takes like two seconds to kill a rat?! They respawn as well, faster then their corpses decay. Make a bit of coin and raise weapon skills that way if not GMed yet.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:It takes like two seconds to kill a rat?! They respawn as well, faster then their corpses decay. Make a bit of coin and raise weapon skills that way if not GMed yet.
One could also watch the movie Grease and use the skill on a corpse every time Danni Zucho says "Sandy!", but that doesnt make it any more efficient.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:It takes like two seconds to kill a rat?! They respawn as well, faster then their corpses decay. Make a bit of coin and raise weapon skills that way if not GMed yet.
One could also watch the movie Grease and use the skill on a corpse every time Danni Zucho says "Sandy!", but that doesnt make it any more efficient.
Mods, please ban him for this reference

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I used to watch a little bit of that movie every day before school 3rd and 4th grade as part of my dress rehearsel...kind of scary huh?

And it's every ten seconds you use the skill not a minute and a half :?

I GMed it about the same time it would take to GM anatomy or Eval...plus worked in swords and tactics while doing so.

I actually hit the 90's in brit sewers in all three because I hate making bandaids.

*Glares at Hemperor*
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:For fishing I did 0-92 on shore, in a town. 92-GM I sailed around one of the server lines on "slow back" (just had to watch out for serps).
Thanks!

I have all the info already, it's in-progress because I need to type/format it all.

$$$ Docks are in deep sea btw ;)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Wise wrote: $$$ Docks are in deep sea btw ;)
Nice idea, but I would seriously be concerned about the legality of that. I know on-land fishing is allowed, but you have to see how this might be a problem.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

only about 20 tiles or so, its unguarded and I have a boat blocking then main part of it haha, I Doubt anyone is making a living off that, I am sure TB docks are in deep sea as well :P

EDIT: Just checked TBs Arena Dock, and it would be a sexy afk macro spot!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I just meant that the "its ok to macro fish from land" rule is there to prevent deep-sea macroing, which could be quite the money maker.