Dont you ever badmouth Herding again!

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
ArchaicSubrosa

Re: Dont you ever badmouth Herding again!

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

This is why I say "Hi Matty D"! or something to that effect and smile everytime I pass the Matron.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Ri' wrote:Not that you were doing this for the loot, but were you ever able to make it to their bodies?
I just periodically herded them away then stealthed back and looted.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

This is at the entrance to a dungeon? They couldnt just run back out?

I've never seen anything like this.... pretty sick (as in cool. :wink: )

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Well, they may have been a bit surprised, and if they took about a second to realize what was going on, there was probably enough firebreath to kill them near-instantly.

In Destard right there, I think they would have been able to exit by running along the side of the mouth of the entrance - i.e. moving one tile West or East. I believe that first row of tiles in the cave where you end up via the outside teleport spots is unable to be stepped on by a monster. But, they would not be able to move South (backwards) because there are no tiles behind them to move to.

If they were real quick and didn't die too quickly, they could always chug a red potion to get to full stamina, step onto a dragon tile, and then step backwards onto a teleport tile.

The inside of Destard looks kind of like this:

W
W
WWWWWWWW
WTDDDD
WTDDDD
WPDDDD
WTDDDD
WWWWWWWW
W
W

W being cave wall (impassable), T being teleport spots (and teleport landing spots from outside) that NPCs cannot step on, and players can only stay on if they arrived by a teleport from the outside, and P being the spot our player lands on when entering the cave from the teleport spots outside (and D are dragons). So as you can see, they can move to the T spot above them or below them (technically West or East) because those squares are unoccupied and will teleport them out. If they turned around and immediately tried to exit, they couldn't, because behind them is essentially a wall.

Other entrances and exits to caves and dungeons have different teleport spots, that would make it possible to land in the dungeon, and turn around and run one tile backwards to teleport out. But Destard isn't one of them.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Ah gotcha. I thought it was like Shame where you come in through the mouth of the cave and you can just go back through. Didn't know you had to teleport. I think I might have went into Destard just one time.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Well, you teleport for Shame as well. I don't mean the spell Teleport, I mean how the game handles you entering and exiting places like dungeons. You walk on a particular tile and are teleported to a corresponding tile elsewhere on the map.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Mikel123 wrote:Well, you teleport for Shame as well. I don't mean the spell Teleport, I mean how the game handles you entering and exiting places like dungeons. You walk on a particular tile and are teleported to a corresponding tile elsewhere on the map.
Nevermind. I totally understand now.